prizna

What training did you do today...

I did a mile at the dam this morning. It was busier in the dam with all the swimmers there than it was on the roads at 7am heading in to the city after it.

• Like 1

66k ride with a friend - Richmond to Sackville punt then back via Wilberforce. Was almost 40 degrees by the time we were done.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Tdz stage 2 - ouch

I take your ouch and raise it by 1000.  Brutal.

MTB ride with the bloke and the kid. 5k uphill nearly killed me. 5k downhill was much more pleasant. Feeling like crud now though. Damn keto. 

• Like 2

I thought I had a lazy day today, but was very tired by dinner time. I checked the watch, and over 18,000 steps. No wonder I'm tired.

• Like 4

5k home parkrun in the morning then a 30k ride to and over Mt Cootha and straight into a 2k run off the bike

• Like 3

Ran 5km to Parkrun, then managed a 21.20, then ran 6km back home. (a lot slower :blush: )

• Like 6

3 hours on zwift, 20min ROTB.

Watched Valley Uprising - history of climbing in Yosemite, made to be broken, Meltzlers record on the Appalachian Trail, Man with the Halo, and a mini doco on Braden Curry leading into Kona 2017 on Red Bull TV.

bloody nice morning👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KieranR said:

Tdz stage 2 - ouch

Oh dear. I’m on tomorrow 0700. Unfit, St1 nearly did me in. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

That’s a huge run, congrats and well done 👍 

Thanks did it all on one gel & water. I'm going to be ready for Kona. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Del said:

2:5k open water swim at Redcliffe then straight into a moderate 3k run

How were the jellies?

A friend posted a pic from Sandgate the other day with about a billion blobbies in it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

How were the jellies?

A friend posted a pic from Sandgate the other day with about a billion blobbies in it.

My kids loved using the washed up ones on Teewah Beach as “speed bumps” earlier this week.

4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Thanks did it all on one gel & water. I'm going to be ready for Kona. 

Was it in the rain, at 4am?

2 hours ago, Tyno said:

How were the jellies?

We went up to Caloundra with the dog this afternoon. I ended up with bluebottle welts over my lower legs from standing in the wash. They were everywhere all over the beach.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:43 PM, prizna said:

What'd you do this morning?

Enough to have done more swimming and more running this week than what I've done in any single week for at least the past two years (probably more).  So far I still haven't got back on the bike... You can't have everything! :unsure:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Was it in the rain, at 4am?

Almost left home just before 7am getting up that early made me feel like I was going to qualify for Kona.

Day off on Saturday

Sunday was a 2km swim into 2:30 bike, including stage 2 of tour of zwift (burnt all the matchsticks on the hills :s) and then a 7km tempo run. Cooked.

3km swim this morning wasn't much chop either

14 hours ago, Tyno said:

How were the jellies?

None at all... fortunately 😎

Friends that swam at the Gold Coast yesterday got hammered by bluebottles.

• Like 1

Spent the last couple of days recovering from work, other than the one little MTB ride with the fam. I struggle to do much while I'm on shift, and starting keto has made that even more challenging, so rather than trying to force it or beat myself up about it, I've just gone with the flow. I am back on nightshift tonight and am feeling pretty well recovered so today I did an easy half hour on Zwift and an easy half hour in the pool. Feel a bit drained after those right now, but I think after some lunch I will feel a bit better. 

In other news, I've decided to finally quit the miserable job and will be officially unemployed 21 days from now. Just 12 shifts to go between now and then. :w00t2:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Katz said:

In other news, I've decided to finally quit the miserable job and will be officially unemployed 21 days from now. Just 12 shifts to go between now and then. :w00t2:

Full time professional triathlete from February. 

Awesome. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Katz said:

Spent the last couple of days recovering from work, other than the one little MTB ride with the fam. I struggle to do much while I'm on shift, and starting keto has made that even more challenging, so rather than trying to force it or beat myself up about it, I've just gone with the flow. I am back on nightshift tonight and am feeling pretty well recovered so today I did an easy half hour on Zwift and an easy half hour in the pool. Feel a bit drained after those right now, but I think after some lunch I will feel a bit better. 

Out of interest what do you do?  A lawyer? 

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Out of interest what do you do?  A lawyer? 

Qualified lawyer, but not currently practicing as one. Currently I work in an ED pushing beds around. Shiftwork suited me while I was studying, but having given up the study, I no longer need the shiftwork and now its time to go back to doing what I do well. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Full time professional triathlete from February. 

Awesome. :)

Same income :lol:

1 hour ago, Katz said:

Qualified lawyer, but not currently practicing as one. Currently I work in an ED pushing beds around. Shiftwork suited me while I was studying, but having given up the study, I no longer need the shiftwork and now its time to go back to doing what I do well. 

Tried sending you a message. Your account won’t accept.  

46 minutes ago, Peter said:

Tried sending you a message. Your account won’t accept.  

I've emptied the inbox a bit now.

Tuesday I did 30 minutes on Zwift. Yesterday I did 30 mins in the pool. 

90 min run this morning with 2 x 26 min tempo efforts. Running early makes me sooo sleepy :sleep1:

Me and the young bloke rode around yhe grounds of castle ward where GoT Winterfell castle is 

30E9503A-04EB-4354-9B99-27190A89FAC6.jpeg

• Like 4

I did a 22 km MTB night ride with the local MTB club last night, Im enjoying being out on the MTB currently BUT.....snakes, so many snakes on the go here at the moment, possibly something to do with the avg 40 degree temps keeping them excited.

image.thumb.png.4f5d91b7a7f1cca3907f802a20e95a6d.png

• Like 1

I'm riding the 8k or so to and from work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I was thinking of increasing it, but I probably need to make sure I get more TT/aero time which I can only do on Zwift.

Only got out 1500m swim last night, started to cramp worse than a soccer player in the 90th minute who's team is up by a goal.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, roxii said:

Me and the young bloke rode around yhe grounds of castle ward where GoT Winterfell castle is 

30E9503A-04EB-4354-9B99-27190A89FAC6.jpeg

Did you find the Holy Grail ?

FM

47 minutes ago, Stuie016 said:

Only got out 1500m swim last night, started to cramp worse than a soccer player in the 90th minute who's team is up by a goal.

That was me on Tuesday night - left foot decided to not play, so I kept kicking away using just the right (was in fins) and still overtook someone :D

• Like 1

30 min zwift including a brief run interval to turn the casserole down on the stove so it didn’t burn. 

• Haha 1

Reprieved myself with Emily's Short Mix on Zwift. 30mins, 18km, 92 mtrs,  241 av watts.

ouch :surrender:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Reprieved myself with Emily's Short Mix on Zwift. 30mins, 18km, 92 mtrs,  241 av watts.

ouch :surrender:

Sounds like suitable atonement for your sin. 

11 minutes ago, Katz said:

Sounds like suitable atonement for your sin. 

:lol:

Bloody glad I only had the 1/4 chicken now!

• Like 1

Set the alarm for 4:45 this morning to commence, for first time ever, early morning sessions.  1hr on Zwift HIT FTP booster session.

They say early morning exercise sets your day up, all I wanted to do was get back in bed and sleep  :sleep1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Moved my swim this morning to tomorrow, tomorrows rest day to today and added an extra sleep in :) 

• Like 3

Finished nightshift this morning. Had a 4 hour sleep then did 30 mins in the pool and then slaughtered myself during 15 mins of TDZ till I threw in the towel like the softie I am.

Note to self - start doing more races in Zwift so not always complete softie.

• Like 1