prizna

What training did you do today...

49 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Im exhausted

Me too. I'm upset I missed Katz finishing, but after getting at at 4:30am Brisbane time, 2am would have seen the end of me. Maybe if you all come & do an East Coast race I can watch right through.

Did an easy 6km run on Monday but nothing since.  Don't feel really unwell but don't feel right either.  Given I'll need some energy (and patience) for the house move next week, I'm erring on the side of caution.

Just got back from 50 minutes at the gym. Probably the hardest session I've done in a gym for 25 years.

Felt great.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Peter said:

15k run. Fell down a hill. Fark it hurt.  

I was wondering why your split for that segment was so much faster

• Haha 1

Swim last night, coach had us do a 1km time trial as a bench mark. 

Cant remember last time I swam 1k straight in the pool, was getting messy by 750m, form went out the window and was just trying to get home. 

2002 was the last time I swam squad, kinda enjoying it again but LOTS of work to do. 

Managed a 16.33. 

Thinking of doing the Balmoral 5k as a target for later in the season but 5 weeks away in Nth Ireland and Finland is not conducive to swimming. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, roxii said:

Cant remember last time I swam 1k straight in the pool, was getting messy by 750m, form went out the window and was just trying to get home. 

This brings me to a question I've been thinking about for a while-why is it that swim training seems to involve breaks, even if its just 5 seconds, where as run and ride is usually non stop?

1 minute ago, more said:

This brings me to a question I've been thinking about for a while-why is it that swim training seems to involve breaks, even if its just 5 seconds, where as run and ride is usually non stop?

I think its just to allow your goggles time to fog up :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Hope you are ok mate?

Yeah 

1 hour ago, more said:

I was wondering why your split for that segment was so much faster

Haha. In Newport lakes. Fell down a hill. 

25 minutes ago, roxii said:

I think its just to allow your goggles time to fog up :lol: 

Apparently runbrettrun will come round and lick your goggles for you to stop this happening. 

• Haha 2

I did my first workout in Zwift. I'm starting the FTP builder training plan next week and this was just a pre-plan workout. It should have been really easy (target 33TSS). It did not feel easy at all. Was good though. 

50 mins, 21kms, 92NP, 34TSS

On 18/11/2018 at 12:44 PM, Katz said:

I woke up, ate the rest of the I love you chocolate my wife got me from the Margaret river chocolate factory, then went and rode my MTB around meelup trails here at Dunsborough, might have a beer soon.  Might go on a mountain bike ride together this arvo at the pines at Margaret river if we don’t get too messy at the winery for lunch. 🍷👌🍻 🚲 

6C939901-8199-4F6A-9346-1FD9BF3C54A3.jpeg

Edited by KieranR
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

OMG. So, I'm still doing the pre-plan workouts and today was a tempo ride. It totally kicked my butt. I thought perhaps my FTP setting was too high in Zwift. It was not. God help me when the actual training plan starts. :crybaby:

This is why I am so slow............

Brick today. 3hr bike and then 1hr run. The ride felt great, the run was not pretty. I'd forgotten how unenjoyable running off the bike is. Triathlon is a stupid sport 😂

• Haha 1

Boxing Class

15min run/walk with girlfriend putting me to the sword 

2km swim.

Jumping in on draft legal sprint tomorrow.. hoping legs can handle long run up from beach

3 hours ago, Katz said:

OMG. So, I'm still doing the pre-plan workouts and today was a tempo ride. It totally kicked my butt. I thought perhaps my FTP setting was too high in Zwift. It was not. God help me when the actual training plan starts. :crybaby:

This is why I am so slow............

Aren’t you still recovering from an Ironman?  

4 minutes ago, lachie94 said:

Boxing Class

15min run/walk with girlfriend putting me to the sword 

2km swim.

Jumping in on draft legal sprint tomorrow.. hoping legs can handle long run up from beach

Let’s hope tomorrow’s race has a swim. 

See you out there. Mind you I start 35mins after you. 

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

Aren’t you still recovering from an Ironman?  

Well, yes. But if I am honest, I barely exerted myself last weekend. Just trotted around at my usual lazy pace. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, more said:

I have always wondered the same when I see swim sessions online. 95% of my training sessions include a swim between 1 km to 2.5 kms. The rest is drills with tools. I only do sprint training only a couple of weeks out from long races.

FM 

On 06/12/2018 at 9:36 AM, more said:

It is more important to swim with good technique. So more breaks means a better chance that the swimmer will be able to hold technique. Practice makes permanent, so better to practice swimming well.

Run and Ride sessions often contain significant portions where you are going well below race pace, so you are effectively getting a break.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Went for a walk with the mrs 

AB76D04E-6E38-4E25-951E-E9EE3177EB49.jpeg

Your Mrs has a bit of ink hey? 😋

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Katz said:

Well, yes. But if I am honest, I barely exerted myself last weekend. Just trotted around at my usual lazy pace. 

But 16hrs of movement is still 16hrs of movement. Take care mate 👍✌️😎

• Like 1

No training today (though the garmin is showing 12000 steps). After a busy morning in the yard I went for a nice drive over the mountains to the Brisbane Valley. Unfortunately for Monday's weigh-in, lunch was at the Fernvale bakery. 

If this is where Pete used to get his pies with AP, I'd better make sure I don't slip into any bad habits after I win my next WC. :)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Was supposed to do a 3.5 hour ride today but the boss had plans for me so quick 1 hour ride in the morning with the intention of jumping on the kickr later in the arvo. Only just finished up everything now and farg me it 10pm which means I wouldn't finish until 1:30am...I'm keen but not that keen

It can wait until tomorrow morn or if the weather's ok I'll do a nice long run 

Arrived back in Oz yesterday after 8 months in India without a break. Ran 75 mins at home in Broulee down to the windsock at the airport and back to Candlagan Creek. Fark we have it good on the Far South Coast of NSW, and the rest of Australia.

Tomorrow, take some time to not look at your Garmin - instead, smell the salt air, look at the blue sky, listen to the kookaburras, cockatoos and rosellas. Then remind yourself how lucky you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday 100km ride with others and coffee. 

This morning 12km run around Narrabeen Lake with last 2km on Narrabeen beach barefoot. Beautiful morning to be out. 

1.7km this morning. Was an absolutely beautiful morning. I took it easy on the shoulder, and every 300m & swam 50 strokes of backstroke to break it up. It was lovely looking around at the dam and watching the birds fly over while on my back.

DSC_2339.thumb.JPG.e4ee9c7db69eff20139ef56ba6fa6dc0.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 06/12/2018 at 12:30 PM, KieranR said:

6C939901-8199-4F6A-9346-1FD9BF3C54A3.jpeg

That sounds so weird since you typed in the Katz quote box  

• Like 1

So I went for a swim this morning, 2 x 1200m. After 950m of my interval, I kicked off the wall and noticed there was someone in front of me treading water a few meters up the pool. I stopped to be informed that I was swimming in the 'gentle exercise/walking' lane. To my surprise, there was no longer any lane rope. It had been pulled out on my right while I was breathing to my left. My stop starting midway through apparently caused the garmin to count an extra lap as well. I then managed to mess up starting my watch for the second interval... didn't realise for 400m, messed it up again for another 100m. 

:oops:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did the second session of the FTP Builder plan in Zwift. I was a bit scared of it at first, but it was actually petty chilled.

The max efforts were 230w. Blows my mind that some of you sit on that for a whole IM bike leg. :blink:

Edited by Katz
  • Like 3

Nothing again today, but still averaging over 13,000 steps a day this week after my physio said I need to ease up on the workload on my knee for a bit.

Life keeps getting in the way of resting up. :)

• Like 1

Kinda embarrassing to post this here but I am of the opinion that if I put it out there it can only help by making me accountable to posting something more in line with the rest.

10k on trainer last night which felt like absolute torture for some reason and due to feeling like it was a bit of a failure decided to put the runners on and do a quick 2k run straight after.

• Like 5

I did a 4k run in the heat which nearly resulted in me causing myself a mischief. A HR of 203 is less than ideal. 

Then I went to the pool and did intervals. :blowup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Katz said:

I did a 4k run in the heat which nearly resulted in me causing myself a mischief. A HR of 203 is less than ideal. 

Then I went to the pool and did intervals. :blowup:

That swim would have beee welcome Katz, I stepped out of the office for a walk along the river in the city at lunch and it was definitely a hot one out there.

• Like 1

30min on Zwift last night to finish up my free 25km trial.  Damn it was still so hot a 9pm when I was doing it 😓

Getting older sucks, injuries suck, not being able to do what you used to do sucks, but I guess I need to appreciate everything that I still can do.  I just wrote on another thread that one of my aims for next year is to do more training so I've come on here to get some ideas, and hopefully gain a bit of motivation.  My last run (only short) was over a week ago, I've only swum a handful of times in the last 3 months, and I've only averaged about 80k's a week on the bike all year (and most of that is made up of my 8km casual commute to work).  So there's plenty of room for improvement and hopefully I'll be able to post something I'm proud of here shortly!!

• Like 1

75 minutes on zwift yesterday am, hour solid run in the rain (and thunder :O) yesterday pm

Rest day today!