Cranky

70.3 Sunny Coast Team Check-in problem

I am registered for the 70.3 Sunny Coast as a cyclist in the team event. Yes I know! Shut up! Doing it for a favour as a friend.

The problem is on the day before, the Saturday, I have a PD that I have to go to from 10am till 4pm. Which means I have to check on on the Friday, but the other two girls were going to be checking in on the Saturday.

The athlete guide says that you need to check in together.

Has anyone had any experience with getting around this? Do they make exceptions?

My teammate can rack my bike for me, most likely, so that won't be a problem. It's just the 'all checking in at once' thing.

Does anyone have any connections that I could talk to about this, that might be able to make an exception? There's no way I can make it up on the Saturday in the selected time frame and I can't expect the girls to both go up on the Friday with me.

Screenshot_20180720-063143_Word.jpg

Shouldn't be an issue.IM are usually more than happy to accommodate this sort of thing...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I am registered for the 70.3 Sunny Coast as a cyclist in the team event. Yes I know! Shut up! Doing it for a favour as a friend.

The problem is on the day before, the Saturday, I have a PD that I have to go to from 10am till 4pm. Which means I have to check on on the Friday, but the other two girls were going to be checking in on the Saturday.

The athlete guide says that you need to check in together.

Has anyone had any experience with getting around this? Do they make exceptions?

My teammate can rack my bike for me, most likely, so that won't be a problem. It's just the 'all checking in at once' thing.

Does anyone have any connections that I could talk to about this, that might be able to make an exception? There's no way I can make it up on the Saturday in the selected time frame and I can't expect the girls to both go up on the Friday with me.

Screenshot_20180720-063143_Word.jpg

Call them

• Like 1

This should work. Just print your face on a stick and your friends can find a random woman on Saturday to pretend to be you. 

images-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And if one of them has an iPhone x, they can unlock their phone with face id to prove they are you!

All sorted. Spoke to PM. He fixed it. Good guy to go out of his way for the small fish.

On 24/07/2018 at 8:48 PM, Tyno said:

Did you pick the bike leg for the flat fast course Crankster?

I didn't choose to race. Got asked very nicely by a pool buddy. I dont care what leg i do. Swim would be the best though, i think.

35 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I didn't choose to race. Got asked very nicely by a pool buddy. I dont care what leg i do. Swim would be the best though, i think.

Isn't the water a bit cold outside of the pool Cranky?

On 26/07/2018 at 7:31 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Isn't the water a bit cold outside of the pool Cranky?

Wetsuit 😋