Sign in to follow this  
Kim jong-un

Dashcams

Just now, XCOM! said:

An omniscient supreme leader has no need of such unworthy devices.

Yeah. Isn't it always the other person in the wrong?

Then again, you could make some pretty fun you-tube videos.

image.png.c64164a01c6ddb61551a65aee830340f.png

By Dashcam, did you mean something like this????

• Haha 3

I've tried about 10 of them and they never last.  Some last a while, others don't, but I've never had one long term.  It's probably the heat that gets to them in the end.

Garmin and similar make good ones, just don't spend a fortune.  Not really necessary to have one with speed and GPS.

Don't be worried about having masses of storage as they usually just have a 2 minute loop and you leave it running all the time whilst driving.  If something happens, you just press the stop button and unplug the camera.

I bought one to use while I'm driving commissaires in bike races. I was prompted after an nasty incident one day where it would have been super helpful for everyone to have had it on video.

I've had it for a couple of years now and it's worked well. It has a card that can record 7 hours on super wide HD and an "emergency" record button, which if you press it will make a separate video file 1-minute long, starting 30-seconds before the button press to 30-seconds after.

I now leave it permanently connected but I also have the suction cup attachment for when I travel to bike races so I can put it on any car. My car is parked outside and so it has had plenty of sun and heat to deal with.

I'll post the brand later. It wasn't all that expensive.