A2K

Not just another course cutter

Haha, I jut read that on facebook (now, sadly, back in the country). Was just about to post it here. Good one.

Bit of a troubled person I think. 

"They can go to hell over there! I hope that place blows up in flames! F*ck you California!!"

5 minutes ago, zed said:

"They can go to hell over there! I hope that place blows up in flames! F*ck you California!!"

I suppose she can't be all bad. :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Merv said:

Sign her up for a govt supervisory position.

I think I worked for her a few years back.

• Haha 2

What a nutter. Maybe she needs to move for her next race. Where did the guy busted for course cutting last year move to? Dubai or Elsewhere in the Middle East?

mind you I'm impressed that she attempted to edit her Strava file. I can't even spell Strava let alone us it. ( did you get that one Pete? Lol).

Incredible that she blames the vollies for not directing her on the course because of her cycle club, but then says she did the whole course. 

3 minutes ago, Turts said:

Incredible that she blames the vollies for not directing her on the course because of her cycle club, but then says she did the whole course. 

That's the problem with lies. It's too easy to forget what you said & contradict yourself.

• Like 1

She is painting herself more and more into a corner. I hope she can find away out without hurting herself any more.

FM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flanman said:

She is painting herself more and more into a corner. I hope she can find away out without hurting herself any more.

FM

Yep. She needs a mate to tell her to shush and then take her for a chat. Clearly not right!

• Like 1

Look I don't condone cheating but people ridiculing her all over the internet is not the answer.

Could be enough to push her over the edge.....OSM needs to apply here. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Clarkevitch said:

Look I don't condone cheating but people ridiculing her all over the internet is not the answer.

Could be enough to push her over the edge.....OSM needs to apply here. 

Possibly. She seems to be making it worse for herself by insulting and threatening people though. She's no choirgirl. 

This was in response to polite posts from the marathon Investigation guy querying the results.

racism.jpg

Part of her problem is though, an avoidance of accountability!  If she studied it up, admitted her mistake (we'll call or a mistake) and apologised it would die down quicker.

The reason these things take off as they do is because the cheater swears black and blue and blames everyone and everything under the sun, rather than themselves!  Then it takes on an exponential growth.  Yes, I agree we should be careful, but sometimes too people need to be called or and take ****ing responsibility for their own actions.  It's hard to blame others for being too rough when the accused is sweating and bleating and carrying on like a pork chop.

20 minutes ago, goughy said:

Part of her problem is though, an avoidance of accountability!  If she studied it up, admitted her mistake (we'll call or a mistake) and apologised it would die down quicker.

The reason these things take off as they do is because the cheater swears black and blue and blames everyone and everything under the sun, rather than themselves!  Then it takes on an exponential growth.  Yes, I agree we should be careful, but sometimes too people need to be called or and take ****ing responsibility for their own actions.  It's hard to blame others for being too rough when the accused is sweating and bleating and carrying on like a pork chop.

Hence the reason Julie Miller ended up in the New York Times! It was her own doing. 

1 hour ago, zed said:

Possibly. She seems to be making it worse for herself by insulting and threatening people though. She's no choirgirl. 

This was in response to polite posts from the marathon Investigation guy querying the results.

racism.jpg

Her comments may tip someone over the edge

52 minutes ago, A2K said:

Since when does having a small dick stop someone from talking? 

Bill Shorten seems to cope well enough

• Like 2

The woman is out of control and possibly needs some professional help. 

All she had to do was go "oops" it appears I missed some of the course, not as good as I thought I was. Would've been case closed. I dont get some people

• Like 2

Yep, she actually had an easy out really....

On 17/07/2018 at 10:31 AM, zed said:

Coarse cutter?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Coarse cutter?

In reference to her potty mouth.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

A marathon investigation supporter has offered a $10,000 reward if the latest cheat can run a six minute mile.

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2019/03/race-announcer-rudy-novotny-offers-10k-to-charity-if-bre-tiesi-manziel-can-run-one-six-minute-mile.html

Interesting. Although I'm a bit confused as the article says they only cut 4.5 miles which would still mean they ran the whole thing in < 6:00 miles? Or is the suggestion they cut a lot more than that?

E2A: Apologies, just realised it was a HM not a Marathon. Should have realised that a non-pro woman claiming to run sub 2 marathon would be absolutely laughable.

Edited by monkie

On 17/07/2018 at 10:31 AM, zed said:

California is the most western mainland state of the USA isn't it? (Outside of Alaska)

What about this guy in japan. 

Cutoff at 10k

race starts at 9.10am. You have to make the first 10k by 10.50am. And he is pissed?

dude you entered a marathon and couldn’t cover the first 10k under 1.40? Wtf?

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2019/03/frustration-in-tokyo-as-runners-deal-with-strict-cutoffs.html

12 hours ago, Peter said:

Cutoff at 10k

race starts at 9.10am. You have to make the first 10k by 10.50am. And he is pissed?

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2019/03/frustration-in-tokyo-as-runners-deal-with-strict-cutoffs.html

Novel

10min/km to make the first cutoff. I have walked a full marathon at faster paces than that (off the bike, ofc.)

Not particularly fast

16 hours ago, Peter said:

Cutoff at 10k

Technically, they had until 11:00am to make the 9.9km point - so even longer.

But then the last runners didn't start until 20min after the start time.

But then this runner wasted 30min in a potty break in the first 10km.

Sounds like one of those drink driving adds......add a bit, take a bit away.

Anyhoo....... my 10km time is around 1:30.  And that doesn't include a 20min delay and a 30min potty break.  Guess I shouldn't be doing this caper either.

3 hours ago, Cape_Horn said:

Novel

10min/km to make the first cutoff. I have walked a full marathon at faster paces than that (off the bike, ofc.)

Not particularly fast

That's a fast walk!

(who knows how I manage to walk and run so slow)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Turts said:

.Anyhoo....... my 10km time is around 1:30.  And that doesn't include a 20min delay and a 30min potty break.  Guess I shouldn't be doing this caper either.

I’m not good at maths but that’s 9 mins per km isn’t it?

53 minutes ago, Peter said:

I’m not good at maths but that’s 9 mins per km isn’t it?

My best recent 10k was at the end of an OD. 9.7k, 1:12. 7:22 per k. 

I "ran" the whole thing EXCEPT for a toilet stop that took maybe 3 mins.

I'm slow as shit. Now, I'm quite broken so it's a walk run mix. 

Canberra OD (du, 5/40/10) a few weeks ago I hobbled through the first 5k in 36 and the second 10 in 1:27

Then you have this guy ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608816/I-wrong-Nobody-thinks-maybe-I-just-trained-hard-Marathon-runner-accused-jumping-barrier-slash-ten-miles-route-defends-fast-time.html.

They reckon he jumped on the Tube at Tower Hill and got off at Westminster to run the last km and collect his medal. 

If he didn't - and ran - he would have done the last 21km in just over 61 minutes!!!! Not a bad negative split in anyone's books!

44 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

For those that have been following the Frank Meza cheating story on Marathon Investigation or Lets Run, he has been found dead.

https://abc7.com/sports/70-year-old-disqualified-la-marathon-runner-found-dead/5379340/

Wow that's terrible, especially for the bloke from Marathon Investigation who would no doubt feel some degree of responsibility (though not deserved). I hope it doesn't stop him from calling out cheats in the future.