monkie

Taper Rage

I don't know if other people are members of "The Ironman Journey" on FB... It's heavily UK based and it's been really interesting watching the general abuse that's started flowing in the taper to IMUK...

I hater tapering, I get itchy all over and can't sleep but it doesn't make me angry... anyone have different experiences?

I've never trained enough to warrant a proper taper 

• Like 2

Back in the day when there was only one Ironman in oz and everyone was tapering at the same time “taper tantrums” in here were pretty common. 

• Haha 1

I just start getting the urge to take stairs two at a time.... and second guess my every decision 😟

My car is in for MOT today, we are fighting a war on about 4 fronts with various things regarding the house, got a couple of extra stress days at work looming before Friday, worried about my calf AND Eng playing their semi final tonight.

Not a good time to be tapering. :lol:

It's notched up a level now that IMUK is copying IMWA...

New bike route is 17 miles short and the swim is looking likely to be cancelled.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, monkie said:

It's notched up a level now that IMUK is copying IMWA...

New bike route is 17 miles short and the swim is looking likely to be cancelled.

What???

hasnt the weather been like a cliff Richard film clip over there recently. 

1 minute ago, roxii said:

What???

hasnt the weather been like a cliff Richard film clip over there recently. 

It's been hot as hell. Wild fires along the route (and in my home village incidentally) which are still a risk and the weather has caused a flare up of Blue Green Algae.

The organisers are copping a lot of flack for rerouting the bike course and not somehow managing to get the distance right.