A2K

50 Ironmans in 50 days Ashley Horner

3 minutes ago, roxii said:

So 1 Ironman in one day. 

Gee even I can do that. :lol1:

She hasn't done it yet. ;)

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And I read somewhere she's decided on a lay-day after this first one due to the logistics of getting back to the states.

That would be a fail then.

1 hour ago, roxii said:

So 1 Ironman in one day. 

Gee even I can do that. :lol1:

Prove it old man. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And I read somewhere she's decided on a lay-day after this first one due to the logistics of getting back to the states.

I don't have an issue with that, apart from her naivety. It's the next 48 I'd be interested in.

7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If that's the case she has failed 50 in 50 as far as I'm concerned. Even I thought she'd get at least 3 done.

• Haha 1

First full distance triathlon. On a huffy. Fun times. 

Dont understand the rush for the bike when she still has a couple of days. Maybe a publicity stunt to get a better one sent? Who knows. Odd. 

And still working on the rest of the coverage. 

Anyone got the link to the original concept?

Was it 48 in 48, bookended by an extra in Haiti for the kids?

Edited by Turts

46 minutes ago, Turts said:

First full distance triathlon.

Up till this point they've been called Ironmans. Maybe WTC has got fed up with the joke it's becoming and had a word to her.

Logistics person quit... Interesting! Thanks for the update Turtle, this is great. 

Seven hours in the car chasing the bike. Yep, plenty of real bike shops with all she'd have needed across the border in DR.

Maybe she’s just laying down a shed load of excuses early. 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Maybe she’s just laying down a shed load of excuses early. 

Key part of any Ironman build isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

When booking your flight wouldn't you check if taking a bike is ok? 

"A few things I'm worried about: lightning storms, pools closing." But Horner already has a backup plan for making sure she gets the distances done, no excuses. "In that situation, I could just do things in reverse. Or I would have to bike indoors and run on a treadmill. Bottom line, I'm going to do whatever it takes to get it done."

Whilst the boredom would kill me, 180km on a trainer, in air-conditioning, with no resistance and in a 53/11 would help with a nice easy day.

And I noticed where she is staying has no A/C electricity. That may create a problem charging her garmin, so don't be too hard on her if you don't see the strava for her first ride & run. Remember, she's doing it for the kids.

I like this bit

"In fact, strength training is so important to Horner that she will continue lifting throughout her #WomanOfIron challenge. "I'll probably go in at 5 a.m., get my strength training done, and then start my swim. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it every day, but at least three or four times a week."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Turts said:

I like this bit

"In fact, strength training is so important to Horner that she will continue lifting throughout her #WomanOfIron challenge. "I'll probably go in at 5 a.m., get my strength training done, and then start my swim. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it every day, but at least three or four times a week."

I love it when who humans are "dumb" enough to do stupid shit (Alex Hannold tops the list at the moment, Free Solo of El Capitan). 

But having seen the iron cowboy, iron century and the like not quite reach their goals after extreme preparation, I cant see this woman getting close. I reckon I'd have a better chance at getting it done... Well maybe not, we've both got zero chance of getting it done.

And so it begins, or doesn’t.  This is going to be a joke. 

And before anyone accuses me of hating kids, I already hated them before this gig, so I’m going to kick the first puppy I see today, just for validation. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, willie said:

reckon I'd have a better chance at getting it done... Well maybe not, we've both got zero chance of getting it done.

Now THAT deserves its own thread 

#willies50 #50forwilliein50 #runwith #blessed #moobracing 

• Like 2

I hope she makes it. Push the limits of human achievement out there just that bit further, and at the same time help those kids.

But I hope even more that she doesn't take shortcuts and say she made it. That just belittles the attempts and the achievements of others who have either completed some amazing feats, or failed honourably, whilst keeping to the "rules".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Now THAT deserves its own thread 

#willies50 #50forwilliein50 #runwith #blessed #moobracing 

You forgot #ironwillie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/08/2018 at 6:16 PM, monkie said:

A mountain bike? Knobbly tyres and all...

Weren’t the ST guys all excited a little while back about some bloke who knocked out a 6:xx IM bike split on a fat bike?

Has she published an itinerary yet?

She's flying back to Virginia after this episode (wouldn't it make more sense to have Florida as the first state to make the first & last flights as short as possible), but I haven't seen anywhere that lays out the route she is taking across the country state by state.

1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Has she published an itinerary yet?

She's flying back to Virginia after this episode (wouldn't it make more sense to have Florida as the first state to make the first & last flights as short as possible), but I haven't seen anywhere that lays out the route she is taking across the country state by state.

Let's not over plan it! 

Especially when her paid organiser randomly just up and left. Can't even begin to imagine why?

24 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

but I haven't seen anywhere that lays out the route she is taking across the country state by state.

There was one or a link to one earlier.

That included a couple of commutes of over 5 hours between destinations.

I'd assume more in a minivan or RV.

"I've done several Olympic distances, several sprint triathlons and a half Ironman, which is 70.3 miles," Horner says. "But I've never actually done a full-distance Ironman triathlon."

I see Ironcowboy has left a few comments on her insta posts. He must be very amused by this nutter.

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And I noticed where she is staying has no A/C electricity. That may create a problem charging her garmin, so don't be too hard on her if you don't see the strava for her first ride & run. Remember, she's doing it for the kids.

Maybe the kids can put her bike on a generator and ride like hell in order to charge her Garmin.

im sure she has planned all this out months ago ;)

On her feed today it has a bike plan (paper with some writing) for the haiti attempt that has 6.5-7 hours as the schedule. On a huffy on rolling terrain on not the best surface. This time isn’t realistic. No one is verifying distances. Its not a genuine planned attempt. I would be positive to support this if someone doing it had legit plans and showed respect to the distance. She might say she did an Iron distance tomorrow but so could I, if she can prove it all I’ll throw some money at the charity.

Edited by Gilliga

In 2013 She did 70.3 Puerto Rico in 6hrs 15mins. 23/29 in her division. Her bike was ok at 3hrs but had a 2.22 run. 

Edited by Gilliga

Well, it's now about 17 hours till 11am on the 12th, when she plans to have this first one finished. I assume she's about to head off on the swim.

Night riding on poorly maintained roads, in a 3rd world country. I hope she was able to get lights for the bike.

she wont' finish the first one but her followers are so clueless that if she manages a sprint distance she'll still be an "inspiration"

• Like 1

She could have just done all this pr to do 1actual Ironman. 

Raised money. 

Been done and dusted. 

2 hours ago, Gilliga said:

On her feed today it has a bike plan (paper with some writing) for the haiti attempt that has 6.5-7 hours as the schedule. On a huffy on rolling terrain on not the best surface. 

It also says she gets off the bike at 56 miles and eats keto.

Hopefully she gets back on for the other 56! 

Screenshot_20180812-095515_Instagram.jpg

What's the bet she rides for 6.5 - 7 hours then says she's done. Even if she's only ridden 150Ks.

You guys are so cynical. I have no doubt that she is foxing with her posts on Instagram and you are all falling for it.......but the truth is..... behind the scenes she has Ironman's full support and Ironman are actually setting up a full race course (including buoy's in her pool) with aid stations, Volunteers, finishing lines (including catchers and people to wrap a towel around you and walkers to walk her to the massage tent etc etc. There will even be VIP tents for sponsors and live foot each and every day.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

You guys are so cynical. I have no doubt that she is foxing with her posts on Instagram and you are all falling for it.......but the truth is..... behind the scenes she has Ironman's full support and Ironman are actually setting up a full race course (including buoy's in her pool) with aid stations, Volunteers, finishing lines (including catchers and people to wrap a towel around you and walkers to walk her to the massage tent etc etc. There will even be VIP tents for sponsors and live foot each and every day.

At least if IM are doing it for her we'll know the course will be short.

38 minutes ago, A2K said:

What's the bet she rides for 6.5 - 7 hours then says she's done. Even if she's only ridden 150Ks.

You reckon she'll do 150km?

19 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

At least if IM are doing it for her we'll know the course will be short.

Anthing is possible

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

At least if IM are doing it for her we'll know the course will be short

Well, that would also explain the shit live tracking.

Edited by Paul Every
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

(including buoy's in her pool)

If you put standard IM buoys in her pool, you wouldn't be able to swim!

If she survives the dizzy feelings from ~250 tumble turns in ~75 minutes, she can do anything.

Actually, she probably can't tumble turn at the end with the stairs, so that's only half a problem.

Oh, it's sweet you think she's tumble turning :) ... You're lovely

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Tyno said:

If she survives the dizzy feelings from ~250 tumble turns in ~75 minutes, she can do anything.

As previously asked, I'll be doing the official Trannies stalking (sorry verification work). If she does this in 75 minutes, it'll be the quickest she's swum in the past few months. Most of her sessions are between 1km & 2km, and she averages around 2:05 per 100m.

This is going to hurt big time, when you also see that her average bike speed is in the mid 20's (km/h that is), and that's on a road bike.

So, she was heading to the pool at 6:15 pm.

It's now 9:50 pm.

I assume no wifi at the pool.

12 minutes ago, Tyno said:

So, she was heading to the pool at 6:15 pm.

It's now 9:50 pm.

I assume no wifi at the pool.

She's probably half way through! Or just at the far end of the swim course :)