Jump to content
A2K

50 Ironmans in 50 days Ashley Horner

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Tyno said:

I haven't eaten any icecream in over 48 hours.

Bow down to me!

I support you on your journey. You got this. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tyno said:

I haven't eaten any icecream in over 48 hours.

Bow down to me!

 

3 hours ago, Cranky said:

I haven't eaten any in 11 hours!!

I haven't eaten any ice-cream for 2 weeks. I really do need to get to the shop. My passionfruit are getting lonely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Naut said:

Gotta be honest, I am no fan of this endeavour but I reckon this is turning into a game of stacks on.

I’m not going to make any attempt to defend what she has done and how she has gone about it. I look forward to hearing about the amazing things everyone is doing to give them the confidence to lob that much criticism.

You might have a point and I've been guilty myself. I'd love to see a fellow Trannie with the time and motivation to volunteer to pull off something remarkable, yet achievable. I'd support that and if they raised money for a worthwhile charity all the better. Maybe they could be honest, transparent and humble to show how it COULD be done. ☺️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, A2K said:

You might have a point and I've been guilty myself. I'd love to see a fellow Trannie with the time and motivation to volunteer to pull off something remarkable, yet achievable. I'd support that and if they raised money for a worthwhile charity all the better. Maybe they could be honest, transparent and humble to show how it COULD be done. ☺️

What would be refreshing is for someone to come out and say they are doing xyz etc and doing it for themselves.......

I know I have 2 big items I want to tick off in........ a) 1 in the next 5-6 months , and b) the other in the years ahead. One is achievable, the other might be a bit of a pipe dream due to logistics and time etc......

And rest assured I won't be doing it for charity and will 100% be doing it for myself (ie: no big promo - look at me type of thing).......and 100% will not be looking for others to fund me.......

And no.... Nothing to do with triathlon. But it will be a damn good adventure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Katzand I each had a small tub of her favourite ice-cream in the freezer and though I thought I had not eaten much of mine, or indeed any for a few days, she has assured me that I seem to have polished it off somehow while I was at work.

While it was my goal to not eat the ice-cream and others are telling me that I did indeed fail at that goal I refuse to believe my haterz.  I will pick myself up from this minor setback and knowing that the children are there for me, just as I am always there for ice-cream, I will purchase another tub that is not Katz' favourite and I will continue on my journey.  I love you all, haterz and followers alike.  We are all one people when ice-cream and children are concerned.  Peace out.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, A2K said:

You might have a point and I've been guilty myself. I'd love to see a fellow Trannie with the time and motivation to volunteer to pull off something remarkable, yet achievable. I'd support that and if they raised money for a worthwhile charity all the better. Maybe they could be honest, transparent and humble to show how it COULD be done. ☺️

Okaaaay

If Foz and I can schedule 50 days together we'll do another 50 IMs

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, A2K said:

You might have a point and I've been guilty myself. I'd love to see a fellow Trannie with the time and motivation to volunteer to pull off something remarkable, yet achievable. I'd support that and if they raised money for a worthwhile charity all the better. Maybe they could be honest, transparent and humble to show how it COULD be done. ☺️

Any suggestions A2K?  What's remarkable and achievable for one is not for someone else.

50 IM in 50 days....for me...remarkable ( very!) but not achievable.

I do like the idea of multiple point to point tri's between capital cities.

eg. Melbourne to Sydney via Canberra over 6-7 days.  Pool swim, ride 180km out, run 42km to the next town with a pool.  Repeat until you hit Sydney. For me that'd be a big one.  A lunatic could  double it and do Melbourne to Brisbane.  An Ashley Horner could do Melbourne to Cairns...and back, on a tricycle (I gotta stop).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Any suggestions A2K?  What's remarkable and achievable for one is not for someone else.

50 IM in 50 days....for me...remarkable ( very!) but not achievable.

I do like the idea of multiple point to point tri's between capital cities.

eg. Melbourne to Sydney via Canberra over 6-7 days.  Pool swim, ride 180km out, run 42km to the next town with a pool.  Repeat until you hit Sydney. For me that'd be a big one.  A lunatic could  double it and do Melbourne to Brisbane.  An Ashley Horner could do Melbourne to Cairns...and back, on a tricycle (I gotta stop).

Over a period of a couple years working through regional Qld, I managed to ride the entire length of the Bruce Highway from Brisbane to Cairns. Some were rides out & back from a town we were working in, and other times I'd head out at 4 in the morning and the other guys would pick me up in the truck 5 hours later on their way past. Great way to see the regions, but I'd hate to ride that highway nowadays. 

Can't say I did it for any kids though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stikman said:

@Katzand I each had a small tub of her favourite ice-cream in the freezer and though I thought I had not eaten much of mine, or indeed any for a few days, she has assured me that I seem to have polished it off somehow while I was at work.

While it was my goal to not eat the ice-cream and others are telling me that I did indeed fail at that goal I refuse to believe my haterz.  I will pick myself up from this minor setback and knowing that the children are there for me, just as I am always there for ice-cream, I will purchase another tub that is not Katz' favourite and I will continue on my journey.  I love you all, haterz and followers alike.  We are all one people when ice-cream and children are concerned.  Peace out.

You’re dead. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really like ice cream.  There, I’ve said it, out loud!

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cranky said:

I haven't eaten any in 11 hours!!

11 hours is about how long it took me to tear myself away from the freezer aisle in Woolies today.

My streak continues though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatPom said:

I don’t really like ice cream.  There, I’ve said it, out loud!

Me either, but a box of cookies and a litre of milk......:drool:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

ashley.horner 

Keep looking at the stars even when you are running in the gutter and remember It's not the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away that really matter. Nail your colors to the mast, but be humble and never forget that you deserve this and every special moment because you are worth it and truly unique. Do it for the children and you will have power wherever you go and no challenge, no mountain peak and no star will ever be beyond your reach. Always remember you have been given this mountain to show others that it can be moved. 

I was thinking about this and also about that French dude Dorito Petri in the 1928 London Olympic marathon this morning. You know, he ran out of strength and energy before the finish and collapsed and had to be almost carried across the line by fans and helpers. If only he had fans like you, he could have dug down deep and found that strength and iron to get up on his own and power his way across the line and win fair and square. No short cuts! 

Not saying he was weak or anything, people probably didn't know as much then, but if I could only have reached back in time to tell him that even when every ounce of energy has been burned up and your heart is about to stop, if you just pause, regroup, reach down deep inside yourself and think of the children, NOTHING can keep you down and nothing can stop you. When you do this you will have true power and leave footprints of love and kindness wherever you go. You just have to believe and then you WILL achieve. After all, it's not what YOU say you'll do, but actually what You do that makes you You! Quick update: Still in regroup mode, but will Crush this challenge when I decide in which direction I want it to go. 
#womanofiron 

What utter frog sh1t!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

What utter frog sh1t!

That sums up my feelings about FP's icecream hate :)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

ashley.horner 

Keep looking at the stars even when you are running in the gutter and remember It's not the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away that really matter. Nail your colors to the mast, but be humble and never forget that you deserve this and every special moment because you are worth it and truly unique. Do it for the children and you will have power wherever you go and no challenge, no mountain peak and no star will ever be beyond your reach. Always remember you have been given this mountain to show others that it can be moved. 


I was thinking about this and also about that French dude Dorito Petri in the 1928 London Olympic marathon this morning. You know, he ran out of strength and energy before the finish and collapsed and had to be almost carried across the line by fans and helpers. If only he had fans like you, he could have dug down deep and found that strength and iron to get up on his own and power his way across the line and win fair and square. No short cuts! 


Not saying he was weak or anything, people probably didn't know as much then, but if I could only have reached back in time to tell him that even when every ounce of energy has been burned up and your heart is about to stop, if you just pause, regroup, reach down deep inside yourself and think of the children, NOTHING can keep you down and nothing can stop you. When you do this you will have true power and leave footprints of love and kindness wherever you go. You just have to believe and then you WILL achieve. After all, it's not what YOU say you'll do, but actually what You do that makes you You! Quick update: Still in regroup mode, but will Crush this challenge when I decide in which direction I want it to go. 
#womanofiron 

 

 

44 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

What utter frog sh1t!

Actually, Yes.

 

That quote of Barry's was a fake post that someone did on Slowtwitch, that had half of ST going berserk over. They all fell for it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

ashley.horner 

Keep looking at the stars even when you are running in the gutter and remember It's not the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away that really matter. Nail your colors to the mast, but be humble and never forget that you deserve this and every special moment because you are worth it and truly unique. Do it for the children and you will have power wherever you go and no challenge, no mountain peak and no star will ever be beyond your reach. Always remember you have been given this mountain to show others that it can be moved. 


I was thinking about this and also about that French dude Dorito Petri in the 1928 London Olympic marathon this morning. You know, he ran out of strength and energy before the finish and collapsed and had to be almost carried across the line by fans and helpers. If only he had fans like you, he could have dug down deep and found that strength and iron to get up on his own and power his way across the line and win fair and square. No short cuts! 


Not saying he was weak or anything, people probably didn't know as much then, but if I could only have reached back in time to tell him that even when every ounce of energy has been burned up and your heart is about to stop, if you just pause, regroup, reach down deep inside yourself and think of the children, NOTHING can keep you down and nothing can stop you. When you do this you will have true power and leave footprints of love and kindness wherever you go. You just have to believe and then you WILL achieve. After all, it's not what YOU say you'll do, but actually what You do that makes you You! Quick update: Still in regroup mode, but will Crush this challenge when I decide in which direction I want it to go. 
#womanofiron 

 

 

45 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

What utter frog sh1t!

Before Trannys goes th same way as Slowtwits, this was fake news. One of the posters made it up as satire and it was believed. 

Stay the course folks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turts said:

 

Before Trannys goes th same way as Slowtwits, this was fake news. One of the posters made it up as satire and it was believed. 

Stay the course folks! 

Beat you. 😝

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Beat you. 😝

Buggerit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Turts said:

Before Trannys goes th same way as Slowtwits, this was fake news. One of the posters made it up as satire and it was believed. 

Stay the course folks! 

Even if it wasn't fake news (another term I hate like "my bad", "like ...." and "lit" etc etc) this is the sort of shite that people are posting all over the interwebs as though they are literary giants. It's also not too far from what she actually did post in failing in this endeavour.

This business that it's all about the "journey", or crap like "it's not the number of breaths you take ...." etc etc really does my head in. It's all marketing spin by people who - in many cases - have achieved the sum of exactly SFA in delivering their "life advice".

I think in years to come, palaeontologists will look back on this current generation as being the dumbest, most self-absorbed, greedy, light-touch, unaware group of dumbar$es in the billions of years that the Planet has been spinning. 

Sorry, rant over.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

It's also not too far from what she actually did post in failing in this endeavour.

SHE HAS NOT FAILED.

You are just one of the HATERZZZZ

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

What utter frog sh1t!

Even though its fake news it is consistent with the tripe from her IG account. Though to be fair she has nothing on the average Linkedin profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read it and fell for it because it was so close to the garbage she usually writes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

SHE HAS NOT FAILED.

You are just one of the HATERZZZZ

I commented on her IG page last night. This morning I woke to about 8 IG follow requests and about 7 people suggesting I was negative and not a believer. Did I not realise she was doing it for the children. Though about 21 people like my comment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×