Lol, everyone's reaction I imagine.

1 minute ago, dazaau said:

Lol, everyone's reaction I imagine.

Only HATERZZZZZ like us. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Only HATERZZZZZ like us. ;)

Nah, I've been reformed by Ashley. I'm not going to fail anymore. Ask me what happens if I don't finish the 2014 Melbourne Marathon. 

Don't bother. I WILL finish it! My taking the tram half way does not mean I failed. I just haven't finished yet!  #1/1/1 #manofputty

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Nah, I've been reformed by Ashley. I'm not going to fail anymore. Ask me what happens if I don't finish the 2014 Melbourne Marathon. 

Don't bother. I WILL finish it! My taking the tram half way does not mean I failed. I just haven't finished yet!  #1/1/1 #manofputty

I emailed marathon investigation as soon as I saw your post 😀

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/

3 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

I emailed marathon investigation as soon as I saw your post 😀

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/

Yes, but I didn't get the tram and then run through the finish shute 😂 Maybe if I do the other half this year I can claim to have run both the 2014 and 2018 MM - consecutively, or even simultaneously! 

Just now, dazaau said:

Yes, but I didn't get the tram and then run through the finish shute 😂 Maybe if I do the other half this year I can claim to have run both the 2014 and 2018 MM - consecutively, or even simultaneously! 

Or even claim the worlds longest contentious run of 4 years.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ironnerd said:

Or even claim the worlds longest contentious run of 4 years.😀

Oh, you are good. Next level. Have you perhaps missed your vocation?

• Like 1

So many words without really saying anything.  Straight from the Oprah/Tony Robbins playbook of waffle.

For goodness sake woman....just say "it was tougher than I thought.  I'll re-assess want to try again".

You'd at least get some redemption in the tri world but you'll always be a wanker.

ps. I'm legitimately impressed that she even got through 2 in a row.  But still a wanker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazaau said:

Oh, you are good. Next level. Have you perhaps missed your vocation?

Turnbull is toast. In my mind I am already PM of Australia.😀

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

ps. I'm legitimately impressed that she even got through 2 in a row.  But still a wanker

I'm not. The facts are that anybody who's full time job revolves around being fit, should in 3 months get to the point where they can swim 3.8km slowly in a 25m pool, take a 40 minute break, ride behind a truck on dead flat ultra smooth roads for 3 hours, take a 1 hour break, ride for another 3 hours, take another 40 minute break, then walk/run/rest for 7 hours. Then back it up the next day.

I may sound harsh, but for a "fitness professional" that shouldn't have done what it did to her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't see her having another attempt, it looks like she jumps from one thing to the next to avoid anyone really finding out some sort of truth. People like this rarely enter anything that is competitive or allows them to be measured against others, so you wont see her in real Ironman's or say ultra man or race across America. 

Edited by Gilliga
typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'm not. The facts are that anybody who's full time job revolves around being fit, should in 3 months get to the point where they can swim 3.8km slowly in a 25m pool, take a 40 minute break, ride behind a truck on dead flat ultra smooth roads for 3 hours, take a 1 hour break, ride for another 3 hours, take another 40 minute break, then walk/run/rest for 7 hours. Then back it up the next day.

I may sound harsh, but for a "fitness professional" that shouldn't have done what it did to her.

Exactly this. If a bunch of us can have full time jobs and go around < 12 hours then this is not impressive. I reckon more than 50% of trannies could have done what she did i.e. pootle around in 17 ish and then have another go the next day. It's pretty lame to be honest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Totally.

13 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I agree, two days in a row, most of us hacks who do a proper Ironman Prep would get through two days and possibly even 3 or 4 days taking it steady. 

18 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Her fitness structure is a bit different to that of an endurance athlete.   Unfortunately for her she has labelled herself the later and really hasn't invested in the process to become one properly.  

• Like 1

I see her type at gyms constantly.  I actually work along side a trainer who has the same attitude.  But here I get to see the person behind the Instagram image.  Amazing the contrast.  On SM they appear friendly, helpful etc. But in real life they hide behind their image.  They dress for show yet ignore those around them.  They preach stuff and do the opposite.  Their diet revolves around pre workout, sleep formulas and other supplements.  When they train they make a lot of noise and have shit form.  Then they take selfies.  

One positive for AH is she can actually do exercises well.  As for the other stuff ?????

The issue with these types is the response they get on SM with follower count, likes and the comments regarding how they look, how inspirational they are.  This paints a fake image and persona and flatters an ego which in reality is not that happy so is seeking attention and affirmation they are awesome.  So actually the people who continually praise their BS make them turn into a person who cannot handle the heat

19 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Her fitness structure is a bit different to that of an endurance athlete.   Unfortunately for her she has labelled herself the later and really hasn't invested in the process to become one properly.  

I don't know how you can say her fitness structure is different to an endurance athlete. She recently ran 230 miles in 3 days, swam 200 miles, and did a 700 mile ride in a week. ;)

Just ask her?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Turts said:

wtf?

Screenshot_20180821-140204_Instagram.jpg

You see things differently because you’re delusional. This ****ing train wreck of a ‘challenge’ needed killing with fire not some ‘did I fail? Some say yes, some say no’ bullshit.

You failed, by every measure, six ways to Sunday and back again.  #itreallyisquitebloodyhard!

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 2

Perhaps I should have qualified my "legitimately impressed with 2" in that I didn't think she'd get that far, especially with her previous achievement boasting.

Seemed to be a total stuff up in logistics, planning and execution from day 1 in Haiti.

3 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Perhaps I should have qualified my "legitimately impressed with 2" in that I didn't think she'd get that far, especially with her previous achievement boasting.

Seemed to be a total stuff up in logistics, planning and execution from day 1 in Haiti.

I get what you're saying. After Haiti, and the scrutiny that was on her, I was surprised she made 2, but not impressed.

I'm probably being churlish but every time I see that #WomanOfIron hashtag I want to puke. :puke:

• Like 6