A2K

50 Ironmans in 50 days Ashley Horner

15 hours ago, dazaau said:

From the coach apparently, from Facebook.

It was hyponatremia. The blood work confirmed it. we did the first loop of the bike and she couldn't keep down any fluids- we got the back to the transition area and I mandated that she get a medical consult.  

This was my fault, she was apparently having palatability issues with the drinks she normally takes in and had asked volunteers to water it down all day, which means she was only getting in half the electrolytes that she was supposed to. Squarely on my shoulders, the buck stops here and I should have been on top of it. 

Her sodium level was at 124 and ck at 859, indicating that an extended period of being unable to hydrate at all was resulting and borderline rhabdo. 

She still wants to continue tomorrow. As I take confidentiality with my athletes seriously, I'm not necessarily at liberty to discuss what my personal perspective was, but I hope folks can figure it out.  

I'll keep you guys posted. Those who have expressed concern and support, thank you. When I told her that some triathletes were supporting her now, she lit up, so it means a lot.

Which triathlete is supporting her? 

13 hours ago, Turts said:

We're all just different colours in a box of fruit loops. 

Yep. We're definitely all fruit loops.

Now, I've probably been on of the kindest to her with my comments, but now this isn't about a fund raiser!  It's about appearing as a hero, and this isn't what hero's are about!  Now that reality has hit, she doesn't need to do this to raise money, she can find another way anyway.  But the fact she's insisting on it tells me she's now on a hero complex.

Hero's don't ask or beg to be a hero.  They just are, and generally don't know it or accept it themselves.

• Like 1

Far out. Talk about a hero complex all right. 

20180819_074503.jpg

20180819_074519.jpg

20180819_074531.jpg

20180819_074549.jpg

Edited by Turts

Can't read it. On the trainer and I'm in enough mental and physical pain as it is. I don't need this extra torture!

Well at least 50/50/50 is now being redefined as a "journey". I'm sure she'll find a way to finish that. I hope the journey is much more sensible.

Can't you people just BELIEVE?

She can still finish this 50/50/50. She just needs to add 3km to the ride each day, and 900m to the run. There's only 48 contiguous states, so she's already made allowances that will enable her to do that.

Maybe she finds a river with a good current and gets 8km done one morning in the time and effort normally taken to do 3.8km. She has an extra 2hr sleep-in the next day. She gets out & does a ride with an awesome tailwind and knocks out 300km. She gets toward the end of her run & finds no-one is around, so can hand the Fenix to a friend to log an extra 30km. 

She's not a quitter. She'll find a way.  :)

• Haha 2

Surely it may be easier just to redefine what is a “day”

a venus day is 243 earth days, so if she is going by the Venus calendar she is actually well up in schedule. 

#believe

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, roxii said:

Surely it may be easier just to redefine what is a “day”

a venus day is 243 earth days, so if she is going by the Venus calendar she is actually well up in schedule. 

#believe

Too much time on that ski in the sun 😂😂😂👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, A2K said:

She qualified for Boston?

No.

She said she qualified for Boston. She did run the age standard, but didn't beat it by enough to actually qualify.

Of course that didn't stop the claims, cause "I nearly qualified for Boston" wouldn't sound as good.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No.

She said she qualified for Boston. She did run the age standard, but didn't beat it by enough to actually qualify.

Of course that didn't stop the claims, cause "I nearly qualified for Boston" wouldn't sound as good.

Surely not!

Screenshot_20180819-104432_Instagram.jpg

Hey Customer. Are you heading to the States in the near future?

AH landed two QOMs on her ride this morning. Hoping you could go & knock them off please, although I'm sure twits will send someone out shortly to get rid of them. :)

• Like 1

Because you've had a hard morning of training and now you're relaxing in the sun with your feet up and it's entertaining. 

IMO this chick is A-grade selfish. Her name should be 'Me-Me Horner'

About The Kids eh?  What about your own kids  Me-Me.....? ☹

• Like 2

280 mile run? Yeah nah. Boston qualifier....nope! 230 mile run around Haiti not ****in likely. She's claimed some massive swim too I think. This woman is a pathological liar. Once this current business is over I pledge to not pay her any more attention.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

I didn't know she had kids

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

IMO this chick is A-grade selfish. Her name should be 'Me-Me Horner'

I don't think we should be telling her how to bring up her own kids.  Hey

9 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

I don't think we should be telling her how to bring up her own kids.  Hey

I think the point Surfer was making wasn't about how she was bringing them up, but the fact that if we believe half of what she is telling us on Insta, she is close to killing herself. Then how will she look after her kids?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think the point Surfer was making wasn't about how she was bringing them up, but the fact that if we believe half of what she is telling us on Insta, she is close to killing herself. Then how will she look after her kids?

Yeah I get that.  Bit like telling a mum to get off her while driving with kids in the back?  She might kill herself, her kids and someone else.  

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Hey Customer. Are you heading to the States in the near future?

AH landed two QOMs on her ride this morning. Hoping you could go & knock them off please, although I'm sure twits will send someone out shortly to get rid of them. :)

I've already taken a screen shot of all of her QOMS (just in case she blocks me in the future) and will make it my mission in life to take down her QOMS!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, willie said:

I didn't know she had kids

Nor does she

• Haha 3

Some dude @cfmonk is going all keyboard warrior on her and he's only done  half as many IM as she's ever done.. the cheek