pieman

Froomey banned from tour (and then not banned)

1 hour ago, Limited said:

If he was to race then banned at a later date for the Salbutamol would he then be stripped of any result he got in the TdF?

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yes, and also last year's Vuelta, and this year's Giro.

Actually it's not a clear cut as that. The Vuelta yes, other results may stand since he is permitted under the regulations to race.

There is nothing in the WADA Code that specifically says such results should be annulled. Rule 10.1 clearly applies to the Vuelta but application to subsequent events depends on other factors.

Rule 10.8 is the pertinent one for subsequent events and given that under the rules he has been permitted to race, then the fairness provision would apply I'd expect (unless of course he has been found to commit an ADRV during those events).

As for the Giro, they did pay Froome a lot of money to be there. They may not have known about the test result iat the time of doing a deal but it's the risk you take when you pay anyone at this level to be there.

Durianrider is not happy about it. He said who cares every one in professional sports is doping. 😉 He is obsessed with his morning meal of 1 and a half boiled eggs and three quarters of a avocado before he rides...

I hear Moto Man has been stood down by Team Sky and has taken a lower paying gig over on Adventure Rider Radio. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, FatPom said:

He's is/was a bitter old bully and a prize twat.

Whos refused to take a test

• Like 1

What a joke.

He was guilty of being over the prescribed limit but gets away with it. I'm sure Tour organisers could see how much cash they'd lose if he didn't appear, so all is peachy now. A decision in a day, but nothing in the preceding 10 months.

Of course I'll still watch it.

Richie Porte, after struggling with persistent illness in the months after the Tour Down Under found form at exactly the right time leading into the TDF with a win on GC in the Tour of Switzerland. Pulled away decisely from Quintana on the key mountain stage as well. He’s past due, isn’t he?

I'm definitely not going to watch it. 

Froome and more over, Sky, are bully boys. 

It makes the sport even dodgier. Far out 

8 hours ago, softy said:

What a joke.

He was guilty of being over the prescribed limit but gets away with it. I'm sure Tour organisers could see how much cash they'd lose if he didn't appear, so all is peachy now. A decision in a day, but nothing in the preceding 10 months.

Of course I'll still watch it.

But wasn't it the tour organizers ASO (French) who wanted him not to  appear at their race while the UCI case was ongoing..?

the UCI just managed to somehow make a decision in 48 hours after its dragged on for a year..

Would they really lose cash if he didn't appear? It's not like he has a personality or anything. At least Armstrong was interesting to watching in his arrogance.

Might be worth watching only to see what happens on the hills with Froome and the crowds

20 minutes ago, lawman said:

Might be worth watching only to see what happens on the hills with Froome and the crowds

Yeah he better be wearing his waterproofs

8 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Richie Porte, after struggling with persistent illness in the months after the Tour Down Under found form at exactly the right time leading into the TDF with a win on GC in the Tour of Switzerland. Pulled away decisely from Quintana on the key mountain stage as well. He’s past due, isn’t he?

I don't know.  He struggled in the mountains after that stage.  I don't think he's got it. 

1 hour ago, lawman said:

Expect to see a lot of puffers out on the hills.

I remember Contador punched a guy dressed as a doctor when he was under the microscope, and Froome whacked a guy a couple years ago. With the love the French have for the English, it should be pretty interesting.

And yeah FFF, Sky are starting to appear a lot like Discovery in their dominance and ability to just throw resources at anything that goes against them.

The UCI aren't even trying to pretend they're not corrupt any more, are they?

• Like 3

This was smart move by ASO, generated heaps of publicity in the week leading up to the tour, when all eyes were on the football.

The mainstream media; which would have ignored the tour, now are focused on it. Joe public now knows it starts next week.

Call me cynical but this was a media stunt to generate new reports, ASO would have known the ICU decision before it was released to the public.

Additional ASO (and France) are now the keepers of the clean sport. 

1 minute ago, rory-dognz said:

Additional ASO (and France) are now the keepers of the clean sport.

France has been for years. Surely that's the reason they haven't produced a decent cyclist. ;)

• Like 1

So Froome tests twice the permissable level of 1000ng/ml of Salbutamol and copes no ban what so ever.

While Diego Ulissi and Alessandro Petacchi test and record levels of 1900ng/ml & 1352ng/ml, both cop bans.

Stikman is right, UCI are taking the piss

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Customer said:

Would they really lose cash if he didn't appear? It's not like he has a personality or anything. At least Armstrong was interesting to watching in his arrogance.

I too question that theory - who in the hell watches the tour to watch Froome 🙄

7 minutes ago, AP said:

who in the hell watches the tour to watch Froome 🙄

🙋‍♂️

1 hour ago, xblane said:

🙋‍♂️

Damn, that must be boring!

I dunno, Gabriel Gaté manages to spice it up ;) 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, xblane said:

I dunno, Gabriel Gaté manages to spice it up ;) 

I generally don't get past Tate of the Tour!

Thank God for Foxtel and their 200 repeats each day!

• Like 1