KieranR

NZ / AUS what am I?

I'm waiting till it's all like star trek - all humans, no labels.

2 minutes ago, goughy said:

I'm waiting till it's all like star trek - all humans, no labels.

But then "human" will be a label. :)

Yeah, but we're the only ones 'round here aren't we???

25 minutes ago, goughy said:

Yeah, but we're the only ones 'round here aren't we???

Don't tell Clover that.

image.thumb.png.36468bfcbf9bb17ab4e363764007154b.png

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Don't tell Clover that.

How old is the pooch?  we have a 10 yr old Lab, and the wife wants a retriever, they are beautiful dogs, its just the amount of hair they drop annoys me, same with our Lab

She's nearly two now. Our 3rd GR. The last 2 lived to 16 & 17, and when they passed we said we couldn't do it again. They grew up with the kids and really were a part of the family. 

Well that lasted 6 months. This one is a real sook, and now the kids have grown is allowed to do a lot of things the others weren't. 

You can't get a better dog for kids, but yes the hair is a nightmare. Get yourself a Dyson V8 handstick.😀

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You can't get a better dog for kids, but yes the hair is a nightmare. Get yourself a Dyson V8 handstick.😀

We have a special HEPA vacuum from Mele, we need it for my sons dust mite allergy, the Dyson just were not good enough in our experience.  Yes our Lab Lexi (known as Lexi Dog) is a beautiful old soul, shes so gentle, we got her at 6 months old from an elderly man who bought her for his ailing wife, she passed away when Lexi was 5 months old and then the man decided he couldn't or didn't want lexi anymore, we think Lexi sat on the couch for her first 5 months in a very quiet environment with this lady.  and she has continued to be the most beautiful dog and she will have been around the whole time my kids have been also.  Its going to be a very sad day when shes not here anymore...but thats a few years away (I hope)

9 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Don't tell Clover that.

Thats a gorgeous pic ❤

3 hours ago, KieranR said:

we think Lexi sat on the couch for her first 5 months in a very quiet environment with this lady.  and she has continued to be the most beautiful dog and she will have been around the whole time my kids have been also.

My MiL is in her 80's, and at the point where she can't remember much, and just sits at home and stares out the window or at the TV, not really taking anything in. When we go over with Clover, her eyes light up and a smile comes to her face. She loves Clover, and it seems Clover knows she's "different" to the rest of us, and she goes over to her and just sits there so she can get pats and cuddles. She's normally quite boisterous, but never is around the MiL.

• Like 1

....I am Tasmanian and most often than not people ask me if I’m a Kiwi. Didn’t realise until the last few years that I say some some words differently. 

I haven’t lived in Tassie for 20 years but still refer to it as home. 

If you move to a country and take citizenship, that's now your nationality. Simple. A vast majority of social issue come from this whole I'ma NigerianSwedishItalianAustralian lable bullshit. No, you're fckin Australian. We're multicultural. No need to try and create some kind of pidgeon hole.