Tyno

TA Membership time

TA Membership time  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Membership payment time has arrived, what's your status?

• Current member - will renew
    • Current member - won't renew
    • Never been a member - will join
    • Previously member - joining again after a break
    • Previous member - not joining
    • Never been a member - won't join

Because I just updated my details after a couple of reminder emails, what's your TA status and intention for 2018/19?

Edited by Tyno

18 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Because I just updated my details after a couple of reminder emails, what's your TA status and intention for 2018/19?

got the email reminder, turned auto-renewal off.

7 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Never been a member, won't renew (at this point).

I was gonna say this should be an option... although looking at the amount of races I'm planning it might be worth it for day licences.

20 minutes ago, monkie said:

I was gonna say this should be an option... although looking at the amount of races I'm planning it might be worth it for day licences.

Added.

Never have been

Nobody can explain a real benefit to being a member

I'd like to join a club with mates but not still not worth it

A member as get the discount on races and need to be for the local club.

I race once, maybe twice a year. No membership for me. 

• Like 1

Auto-renew off.

Mostly a member for the insurance coverage. Discounted entry fees distant 2nd priority. No other reason.

5 minutes ago, asmithaxe said:

Auto-renew off.

Mostly a member for the insurance coverage. Discounted entry fees distant 2nd priority. No other reason.

Can someone explain in plain english what the insurance coverage gets me that I wont already have via other insurance types?

Don't think the insurance gives you anything you don't possibly already have coverage for (i.e. medical, income protection, life insurance). It is good to track participation numbers for the sport to lobby government, so maybe consider joining as 'non-training/non-racing' and join a club. Pay your ODM as you go. Insurance disclaimer pasted from the TA Insurers site.     

Important Note 
V-Insurance has arranged the Personal Accident insurance program on a group basis without taking into account individual circumstances. This policy provides benefits to members of Triathlon Australia's states and Territories, who through injury or accident, incur financial loss and who would otherwise not have received assistance. The program seeks to provide benefits to those most exposed and to maintain protection at the lowest possible cost to membership. It therefore cannot provide 100% cover of a benefit for every loss that occurs. Federal Government Legislation prevents insurance companies from paying any insurance benefit for a medical service that is covered by Medicare. This legislation also applies to the Medicare gap. In addition to this Personal Accident insurance all members are encouraged to consider taking out Private Health insurance, Income Protection Insurance and Life insurance if their individual circumstances require it.

Cheaper racing (just) if you race enough, so save on the one day licence fee each time.

The is some sort of insurance if you're out training for a race, I believe some here have claimed it.  I doubt it would be much, but I don't actually know.

Not everyone has income protection, or life insurance, or health insurance.

I thought it was a requirement to sign up to become a member if you raced 3 or more races a year. I raced about 5-6 club races plus another 4 bigger races last year

12 minutes ago, tortoise said:

Turned off auto renew. I’m retired

Yep, me too.

Might still join Cronulla as a social member though. 

Its hard to let go! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Limited said:

I thought it was a requirement to sign up to become a member if you raced 3 or more races a year. I raced about 5-6 club races plus another 4 bigger races last year

nope.. it might end up better financial decision but I think you need to do quite a few large races (long course) to make it worth while over paying for one day licences...

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Can someone explain in plain english what the insurance coverage gets me that I wont already have via other insurance types?

The value in the insurance cover is the third party which very few people would have independently while training.  The personal protection is very, very basic but if you injure someone else or damage their property while training it can become very expensive very quickly.

I have no problem supporting the governing and regulatory body by paying fees. I'll renew, it'll just be later than what ot would have been if i left the auto renew on

24 minutes ago, pieman said:

nope.. it might end up better financial decision but I think you need to do quite a few large races (long course) to make it worth while over paying for one day licences...

Just found it on the club website, It is a requirement if you do 3 of their races to become a member, so no it doesn't make sense financially. 

I guess I have been a member of a sporting club since I played under 6s soccer so this is just another in a long line clubs and yearly membership fees

12 minutes ago, Limited said:

Just found it on the club website, It is a requirement if you do 3 of their races to become a member, so no it doesn't make sense financially. 

I guess I have been a member of a sporting club since I played under 6s soccer so this is just another in a long line clubs and yearly membership fees

sorry I thought you meant it was a requirement to join TA if you did a certain number of races... fair enough the club wanting you to join if you are doing races run by them..

1 hour ago, Stikman said:

The value in the insurance cover is the third party which very few people would have independently while training.  The personal protection is very, very basic but if you injure someone else or damage their property while training it can become very expensive very quickly.

Yep this is the main benefit i believe.  If something happens that I cause it should be covered.  I hope...