KieranR

What do I need to do - 70.3 worlds 2020

8 minutes ago, zed said:

If you don't qualify you can always buy a spot, for a sizzling hot $3000!

Hi Jaimie,

You are in luck, we have ONE spot left on our IRONMAN Foundation team for the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship. I am pleased to announce that we have cultivated an incredible race package that sets athletes up for success and creates positive, tangible change within race communities. More information is included as an attachment to this email.

If you are interested in a more flexible package at a secondary donation amount, I have included another option, just for Emma!  

DONATION/FUNDRAISING COMMITMENT: $3,000

INCLUDES:

• 1 Entry into the 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship in South Africa
  • Custom IRONMAN Foundation Race Kit (including choice of Tri Top/Tri Bottom or one-piece Race Suit)
  • Invitation to both you and Emma to experience and participate in the IRONMAN Foundation’s Community Service Project in partnership with IRONMAN 4 the Kidz.

We would need your decision NO LATER than Monday, June 25, 2018 as we will need to provide her name to the World Championship Team by mid-week.  

P.S. 100% of all donations raised/provided supports the IRONMAN Foundation, a U.S. registered 501(c)3 charitable organization and the mission to provide service through sport and commitment to community.

Kind Regards,

WHITNEY STALOCH

looking at the dudes bike I'm pretty sure he can't afford 3000

Edited by prizna
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, prizna said:

Harsh

13 minutes ago, prizna said:

At least he has forks for his.  

3 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

At least he has forks for his.  

woah no need to get personal now

2 hours ago, prizna said:

Edited by KieranR

9 minutes ago, KieranR said:

You're a 1st class knob

Don't worry he's just pissed off because I swim faster than him now. I'll give him some swim tips, that will chill him out!

Edited by zed

14 minutes ago, zed said:

Don't worry he's just pissed off because I swim faster than him now. I'll give him some swim tips, that will chill him out!

Still can't run...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, KieranR said:

You're a 1st class knob

50 minutes ago, zed said:

36 minutes ago, prizna said:

Still can't run...

Children be nice remember!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

but he started it ;) 

Sounds like me at my house last night playing referee between my kids

8 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

I was! I was offering free swim tips :)

Keiran dont take priznas stuff to heart.  2 years ago he had a good crack at qualifying himself, he even did a number of events through the season pass points system and failed to qualify.  I think he is still bitter from that and would hate to see someone not currently at his "level" put in the work and take a spot.  Something he couldnt do.  Fuel on the fire to prove him wrong.

I wouldn't take my stuff to heart either, I'd take it to head. I'm the only one here who is being realistic. Some think it's trolling/stirring.......

'crack' would be a loosely used term

'a number of events' would be two.....

RBR is just mad cause he peaked a few years back but now he is washed up and over weight

46 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Keiran dont take priznas stuff to heart.  2 years ago he had a good crack at qualifying himself, he even did a number of events through the season pass points system and failed to qualify.  I think he is still bitter from that and would hate to see someone not currently at his "level" put in the work and take a spot.  Something he couldnt do.  Fuel on the fire to prove him wrong.

Edited by KieranR

Anyhow,

To get back on track, I am going to apply myself over the next couple of years and am aiming for qualification at worlds 2020, Im confident i can get there and after doing some sussing out of coaches, i decided to approach Chris H from pb3 coaching and see if he was willing to take on a bit of a basket case like me.

To his credit, and he maybe is a bit crazy, he is willing to coach me toward my goal, I've seen some of the results he has made with Hoffy86, Impressive stuff and I cant wait to start.

Cheers.

• Like 5

Good stuff mate. 

Chris will be good for you, great coach.  Dodgy actor though.   :lol:   Im pretty sure he will kill me for this :lol:   Yes this is him. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, roxii said:

Good stuff mate. 

Chris will be good for you, great coach.  Dodgy actor though.   :lol:   Im pretty sure he will kill me for this :lol:   Yes this is him. 

He told me hes a full time coach not a part time actor haaha

RBR is just mad cause he peaked a few years back but now he is washed up and over weight

At least I peaked.

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

He told me hes a full time coach not a part time actor haaha

Judging on that performance I think he’s correct, he’s not a part time actor. :lol:

(sorry Chris) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turts said:

Some peeps should read this again. 

Its been said a few times that transitions was like a bunch of mates in a pub.

The sensitivities of some people and the lack of ability to take a little sledge is making that statement less true. It may just be a transition of transitions to a new phase but **** the new age can be boring #imissniseko

1 minute ago, prizna said:

The sensitivities of some people and the lack of ability to take a little sledge is making that statement less true. It may just be a transition of transitions to a new phase but **** the new age can be boring #imissniseko

I agree. Perhaps your banter is a bit too subtle though!?

4 minutes ago, prizna said:

There's a difference between a sledge, taking the piss, having a laugh and finding a person's sensitive point and repeatedly poking it.

1 minute ago, BogFrog said:

There's a difference between a sledge, taking the piss, having a laugh and finding a person's sensitive point and repeatedly poking it.

Everyone has their own line/level of sensitivity if yours is crossed call it out.

6 minutes ago, zed said:

I agree. Perhaps your banter is a bit too subtle though!?

I use to have my signature (not sure if it still is) as if you don't like something I say then read it again but this time read it as a joke because it probably is

Maybe I should bring it back

7 minutes ago, prizna said:

I use to have my signature (not sure if it still is) as if you don't like something I say then read it again but this time read it as a joke because it probably is

Maybe I should bring it back

ha ha probably

11 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

finding a person's sensitive point and repeatedly poking it.

That would be my mates :) Makes me a stronger more resilient person.

7 minutes ago, zed said:

That would be my mates :) Makes me a stronger more resilient person.

That's what mates do..... How's that running going ;)

Guest FFF1077
4 hours ago, zed said:

I was! I was offering free swim tips :)

Those awesome ones where we clench our butts?

And how welcoming is it for a new person to approach a bunch of blokes in a pub hanging shit on each other?

If you want Transitions to be just a place for the usual fellas to have pub jokes and a sledge, then it's not going to attract and keep new folks interested in triathlon. 

Theres a time and a place. And it isn't every thread, started with a genuine triathlon interest. 

Nothing to do with sensitivities of mine. But pub sledging shouldn't be the vibe of the place if theres going to be a diverse future and membership. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, KieranR said:

Anyhow,

To get back on track, I am going to apply myself over the next couple of years and am aiming for qualification at worlds 2020, Im confident i can get there and after doing some sussing out of coaches, i decided to approach Chris H from pb3 coaching and see if he was willing to take on a bit of a basket case like me.

To his credit, and he maybe is a bit crazy, he is willing to coach me toward my goal, I've seen some of the results he has made with Hoffy86, Impressive stuff and I cant wait to start.

Cheers.

Great choice mate.

Athletically, Chris has taken me to places that just 2 years ago I thought were so far beyond my potential. We started the same way you two are - we set a goal, I committed to his program 100%, had complete trust in his guidance, and in less than 2 years working together this produced a result two weeks ago at IM Cairns that I had only ever dreamed about.

It takes courage to put yourself out there and let a public forum know your goal, and I’m sure you expected to have your doubters. I can promise you that you’re capable of a lot more than what you, or anyone else, thinks you are.

You’re in great hands with Chris. Trust the program, truly commit to it, stay the course and the rewards will come.

Looking forward to following your progress mate.

Edited by Hoffy86
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Hoffy86 said:

Great choice mate.

Athletically, Chris has taken me to places that just 2 years ago I thought were so far beyond my potential. We started the same way you two are - we set a goal, I committed to his program 100%, had complete trust in his guidance, and in less than 2 years working together this produced a result two weeks ago at IM Cairns that I had only ever dreamed about.

It takes courage to put yourself out there and let a public forum know your goal, and I’m sure you expected to have your doubters. I can promise you that you’re capable of a lot more than what you, or anyone else, thinks you are.

You’re in great hands with Chris. Trust the program, truly commit to it, stay the course and the rewards will come.

Looking forward to following your progress mate.

Cheers mate, I’m sure we’ll catch up at some stage, pretty sure I’ll make my way over to port mac or somewhere to have a race where you’ll be

Ah well to close this one out, I’m no longer aiming for worlds 2020, I’m full of excuses but the big one is I’m just not mentally there.  I’ve had a few battles lately that are well documented and is driving me to do other things - like my spearfishing and just purely exploring with my kids and wife.

im Going to rock up in Taupo this December and have a fun day swimming riding and running.

cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest FFF1077
1 hour ago, KieranR said:

Ah well to close this one out, I’m no longer aiming for worlds 2020, I’m full of excuses but the big one is I’m just not mentally there.  I’ve had a few battles lately that are well documented and is driving me to do other things - like my spearfishing and just purely exploring with my kids and wife.

im Going to rock up in Taupo this December and have a fun day swimming riding and running.

cheers.

Yee Ha 🤘

Look forward to seeing it happen mate. 

Keep punching 😎🤘✌️

18 hours ago, monkie said:

It's just a hobby mate. It's meant to be fun ;)

That's pretty much what I tell absolutely everyone. Ask anyone I coach. 

19 hours ago, monkie said:

It's just a hobby mate. It's meant to be fun ;)

Never understood that. I chuckle when people, say before a race, just make sure you enjoy it! Fun and enjoyment is sitting in a spa with a bunch of cheerleaders chugging icy cold beers! I love triathlon, but fun isn't a word that instantly springs to mind when I think of it. :) But I know what you mean, there are too many people that are in the sport for the wrong reasons, using it as an escape, a crutch or perhaps it's an addiction. You need to have a healthy relationship with the sport. 

6 hours ago, zed said:

Never understood that. I chuckle when people, say before a race, just make sure you enjoy it! Fun and enjoyment is sitting in a spa with a bunch of cheerleaders chugging icy cold beers! I love triathlon, but fun isn't a word that instantly springs to mind when I think of it. :) But I know what you mean, there are too many people that are in the sport for the wrong reasons, using it as an escape, a crutch or perhaps it's an addiction. You need to have a healthy relationship with the sport. 

Oh I get ya. When the wife says "It doesn't matter where you come as long as you enjoy yourself" I look at her with a baffled expression. But that's because I want to do as well as I can do in a particular race but verall though the whole thing is a hobby and should be enjoyable, it's not like it ever earns me money or love! It is easier said than done though and I've had to remind myself every now and then when freaking out about missing a session!