Bored@work

Time restricted diet

Anyone done it? Thoughts. Just watched a couple of Josh Rohan podcast & found it interesting. 

Im interested to hear if anyone has done it.

Look up Dr Satchin Panda.

Since you mentioned podcasts, Dr Rhonda Patrick interviews him on her show.

I don’t recall him being asked if he eats bamboo on a time restricted basis...

Do you mean time restricted as in specifically the Dr Panda circadian rythym bit, or intermittent fasting in general?

I’ve had very good results from an overall change which included deleting breakfast - which gives you ~16-17 hours fast per day (depending when you eat dinner).

But I’d put that as kind of ancillary - the core difference for me was switching off cardio onto gym and eating better.

Went from what I thought was a reasonably healthy weight at 76.5, to a not-quite-happy-yet weight at 68.5.  Whereas my lowest race weight ever was 74.5 for a HIM.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mank said:

Do you mean time restricted as in specifically the Dr Panda circadian rythym bit, or intermittent fasting in general?

I’ve had very good results from an overall change which included deleting breakfast - which gives you ~16-17 hours fast per day (depending when you eat dinner).

But I’d put that as kind of ancillary - the core difference for me was switching off cardio onto gym and eating better.

Went from what I thought was a reasonably healthy weight at 76.5, to a not-quite-happy-yet weight at 68.5.  Whereas my lowest race weight ever was 74.5 for a HIM.

Farm. You must look like a 14 ye old girl now 

11 hours ago, Mank said:

^^^^* this. It was interesting to hear them talk about the benefits of fasting v eating three times a day

16:8 is pretty standard for the LCHF types as it becomes quite easy to get from dinner time to lunch (Or beyond) the next day..

I'd disagree with Mank that this isn't behind is transformation though.  I'd say the IF is much more likely to be the cause than pumping the iron..

15 hours ago, Peter said:

Farm. You must look like a 14 ye old girl now 

My new career is paying quite well, yes.  Surprised how many guys are into it.

2 hours ago, pieman said:

16:8 is pretty standard for the LCHF types as it becomes quite easy to get from dinner time to lunch (Or beyond) the next day..

I'd disagree with Mank that this isn't behind is transformation though.  I'd say the IF is much more likely to be the cause than pumping the iron..

I suspect if it was just a choice between the two, you'd be right.  But the core driver for me is counting macros, with a very high protein / low carb / low fat approach, rather than LCHF.   And with building strength as a key objective, ie. body recomposition rather than losing weight per se.  So that in the end, I've put on a fair bit of muscle while dropping that weight.

The IF has definitely been a key component, but I think that's primarily because it helps me control my eating - ie. it's a lot harder to blow your daily plan if you only have two main meals to think about.  And subjectively, I've found that not eating breakfast works really well for me on a bunch of levels, which probably reinforces that there's something in it.