15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

lol

God you're a sook

And a hypocrite...

Ban/don't ban guns

ban/dont ban plastic bags

are plastic (3d printed) guns okay?

discuss you two..

Please let's not turn this into another shit fight....

2 hours ago, goughy said:

It's not all this plastic that's the real problem, it's people!

Selfishness is the real scourge of our times, and we're all guilty of it.

The bottom line is that there is a cost, and we want someone else to pay.

• Like 1

I’m Only seeing what people are quoting for a certain user. Who knows, I may be missing the well considered, well informed thought provoking posts being made. Or not.

• Sad 1

On 10/08/2018 at 4:35 AM, pieman said:

are plastic (3d printed) guns okay?

well, a student shut down Dundee University when he was seen carrying a gun through campus.

Turns out he made it on the 3D printer in the Art School, so I guess it's a pretty dumb thing to do.

Edited by The Customer

14 hours ago, The Customer said:

well, a student shut down Dundee University when he was seen carrying a gun through campus.

Turns out he made it on the 3D printer in the Art School, so I guess it's a pretty dumb thing to do.

Darwinism should usually take care of people like that

So Coles now have these mini items.  They are made from plastic.  WTF one minute we need to stop using plastic bag but it is ok to make useless mini items out of plastic

• Like 1

If it's something the kids want and collect, then the parents will shop there.  Woolies normally do some sort of collectable card thing.  I just don't tell the kids about them....

I went to Coles yesterday, and they are still giving away their re-usable bags. The only problem is, the handle just about tore right out of it between the mall & my office, and the only thing of significant weight was a 2l bottle. I used to carry 2 x 2l bottles in the old grey ones.

It appears the new re-usable ones may also be single use.

19 minutes ago, goughy said:

If it's something the kids want and collect, then the parents will shop there.  Woolies normally do some sort of collectable card thing.  I just don't tell the kids about them....

I recently seen a thing on FB.  Kids collecting rocks and painting them.  This is brilliant IMO.  Creativity gets kids outdoors finding rocks and using imagination.  

I've been using the green so-called 'eco' bags for years, and I don't have issues carrying them with me. I get about a year before a seam will start to tear and they need a few stitches to fix them, and about another year after that before the handles finally break and they need replacing. Calico is probably better environmentally, but at least I'm currently only tossing a bag every few years.

The Calico bags I believe are one of the worst for the environment!  Massive amount of water used to produce each.  When you look at the state about how many times each bag has to be used to counter the impact of a single use bag.......

It's something like this - of you used a single use bag as your rubbish bag, then you had to use a Calico bag like 4000 times to compare.  If you used that single use bag once then just threw it out, you had to use the Calico bag still like 1500 times.  This obviously is looking at the complete environmental impact etc, not just from a waste perspective.

I could be wrong in assuming this, but from a complete environmental impact, it seems to me that single use bags aren't all that bad, of people weren't last and disposed of them properly.  From a rubbish perspective only, they're probably the worst.

Re-using the cardboard packaging boxes to carry your groceries, or just carrying out 1 or 2 items in your pockets or back-pack is the most environmentally friendly.

Then of course, the folk down at Logan have been doing the latter for years to help the environment. ;)

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

3 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

I recently seen a thing on FB.  Kids collecting rocks and painting them.  This is brilliant IMO.  Creativity gets kids outdoors finding rocks and using imagination.  

yeah our kids do this, we go and hide them around town, then others find it, paint it and do the same thing, my kids have found some pretty cool rocks painted up.

1 hour ago, XCOM! said:

I've been using the green so-called 'eco' bags for years, and I don't have issues carrying them with me. I get about a year before a seam will start to tear and they need a few stitches to fix them, and about another year after that before the handles finally break and they need replacing. Calico is probably better environmentally, but at least I'm currently only tossing a bag every few years.

and you can recycle the eco bags in the Redcycle bin with your soft plastics