Sunnychick

Kona qualifier 15+

2 minutes ago, Clarkevitch said:

I think bored@ and AP need to fight or F*ck.

It's getting very tiresome 

Agree. But AP wouldn’t show unless it was in Kona. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

I challenged him to a race last time I was in Brisbane. He avoided it. 

I'm out fk this shit, AP is an arrogant dick & you can't argue with arrogance. 

• Sad 1

On 16/06/2018 at 10:58 AM, zed said:

Yeah. I think there are a lot of people who have an unhealthy relationship with triathlon. They are using it as a crutch, an escape or whatever. The longer I'm in the sport, the more obvious that is. You can see it from a mile off. Mark Robson being an extreme example, the fat kid school...

I don’t think I have a healthy relationship with it TBH. I’m not escaping ( I started running years ago to avoid divorce depression though).

I think with me it’s more bloody minded defiance to a body that keeps breaking. I’m pretty sure there is a better multi sport combo out there for me but my crit racing days are over now. Enjoy my TTS and running when I can but it somehow doesn’t seem enough.

ive been reading a lot about ultra trail running lately, my mate has just done a 85km race called Race to the Tower in the Cotswolds. I read the forums and some gravel racing forums and one thing that comes out is that people say the ‘vibe’ is what Triathlon used to be like.

All I can say that I must have been extremely fortunate in my triathlon dealings so far, as I’ve found the community as a whole extremely friendly and they are still a bunch of people that I am happy to associate with and would have my daughter be part of ( if she wants to).  I enjoy hanging with tri people more than cyclists if I’m honest. Sure the races are more corporate but the people are still great.

I think it’s this that keeps me in the sport. It’s not a case of healthy vs unhealthy, more a case of not being part of that community any more.

i do love mixing my training with all sorts of events and camps but the vibe of a triathlon race weekend is still a special place for me.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Thank God

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clarkevitch said:

I think bored@ and AP need to fight or F*ck.

It's getting very tiresome 

You missed Peter in the fight of f*ck and that's partly why I made the comment and...

3 hours ago, Peter said:

That's exactly the kind of comment I'd expect from you.

I'm not sticking up for AP at all, he can take care of himself. Like mhvh, I'm getting sick of the constant carry on between the keyboard warriors.

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I challenged him to a race last time I was in Brisbane. He avoided it. 

See ya...

I’ve had mhvh on block for years. You should just block me and bored at.  

I wont change my life. 

Maybe you and him can start your own forum where you can bag AP, PJ and Beth McKenzie to your hearts content.

Go on it will be fun!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rog said:

Maybe you and him can start your own forum where you can bag AP, PJ and Beth McKenzie to your hearts content.

Go on it will be fun!

I think  a keyboard warrior thread should be set up in this forum then those that dont want to read/post dont have to and those that do will.

It'd be the busiest thread on here I reckon.. 

FYI: AP jumped on the bag PJ bandwagon recently but I guess as he has 'runs on the board' he's allowed to ask questions/raise concerns about the path the WC has been on..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bored@work said:

The guy believes everyone can achieve, you believe in excuses. The argument will never end.

This thread has seriously derailed, it's sad to see.  Though maybe it was derailed in the first few posts??? :(