AA7

2020 70.3 World Championship

11 minutes ago, iFoz said:

Taupo water is the best of all the places I’ve swum in around the world, and that includes Kona. 

of course it is, its New Zealand..everything's better in NZ

12 minutes ago, iFoz said:

Taupo water is the best of all the places I’ve swum in around the world, and that includes Kona. 

He didn't say it wasn't good. Just that it's freezing.

I agree with both of you.

2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

On slowtwitch they were adament it would be early december at either location.

I suppose it would have to be, otherwise Taupo wouldn't be a consideration in September because of the cold. Is IMWA/70.3 in December going to pose an issue? Numbers would drop for those races if the champs were held in december.

24 minutes ago, zed said:

I suppose it would have to be, otherwise Taupo wouldn't be a consideration in September because of the cold. Is IMWA/70.3 in December going to pose an issue? Numbers would drop for those races if the champs were held in december.

it would be madness to have it in WA in December I agree, Taupo also has the 70.3 in December too, September sounds more realistic unless they want those other events to suffer with lower numbers also.  Bit of tinfoil inside the wettie in Taupo to keep warmish.

Taupo will win..........hopefully

Taupo would be more interesting as I'm guessing the swim will be in the Swan River as oppossed to the crystal clear Indian Ocean..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Cheaper for East Coast Aussies to get to Taupo than Perth as well.

Depends.  I got flights for 189 ew for december to wa.  I assume more acomm in Perth then taupo.  Plus taupo will need car hire due to being 4 hours from auckland.  So prob cheaper to go to perth overall.

22 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Depends.  I got flights for 189 ew for december to wa.  I assume more acomm in Perth then taupo.  Plus taupo will need car hire due to being 4 hours from auckland.  So prob cheaper to go to perth overall.

Hahaha i cant even get flights that cheap to Perth and I live in the bloody state

• Haha 1

Any updates on this? I'm guessing NZ gets it for an early Dec race. I would love to see this in say March though, it would make a great early event for the Ironman global season and leave Kona as their concluding race.

Edited by Gilliga

On 21/06/2018 at 2:30 PM, KieranR said:

Hahaha i cant even get flights that cheap to Perth and I live in the bloody state

Ride down 😎🤘

On 21/06/2018 at 3:54 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Cheaper for East Coast Aussies to get to Taupo than Perth as well.

I booked flights last week for IM NZ next March....$125 over and $64 back!

It is with nostar but even after luggage it cost $530 for wife & I return!

37 minutes ago, Nath. said:

I booked flights last week for IM NZ next March....$125 over and $64 back!

It is with nostar but even after luggage it cost $530 for wife & I return!

Which airline was that ?

1 hour ago, Youngy2 said:

Which airline was that ?

Jetstar. They are dead to me.

11 hours ago, zed said:

Jetstar. They are dead to me.

Why?

I've flown them heaps and never had any issues at all, including travelling with bike.  I just wish Karratha had a jetstar option, means I wouldn't have to drive to Perth all the time.

3 hours ago, KieranR said:

Why?

I've flown them heaps and never had any issues at all, including travelling with bike.  I just wish Karratha had a jetstar option, means I wouldn't have to drive to Perth all the time.

ha ha nah they were OK. I'm being a snob. 

I use Emirates to NZ from Melbourne. $580.00 return with 30kg of luggage. So a checked big red bike box, a checked bag and 1 carry on bag. No breakages and no complaints about service. Sure you may get cheaper deals, but at what cost!

So when does qualifying general start for this? Is it races starting around September 2019? ie After the race in 2019 race in France?

16 minutes ago, ashley_s said:

So when does qualifying general start for this? Is it races starting around September 2019? ie After the race in 2019 race in France?

I think Jonkoping, Sweden in July is the first event offering 2020 slots.