On 18/06/2018 at 7:15 PM, goughy said:

How long until SBS says it'll be showing all games for the rest of the world cup?  I reckon they'll announce in a little over 48 hours!

Actually, a few hours less than 48!  The rest of the group matches will be on SBS.......   Optus say they believe they have the problem sorted yet still released the rest of the group games to SBS.....

Interesting use of VAR last night in the Russia/Egypt match.  Ref called a free kick which should have been a penalty, VAR reviewed and saw that the foul continued into the box, so the ref then issued a penalty (correctly). It didn't take forever.

To me, that seems exactly how it should work.

23 hours ago, FatPom said:

Interesting use of VAR last night in the Russia/Egypt match.  Ref called a free kick which should have been a penalty, VAR reviewed and saw that the foul continued into the box, so the ref then issued a penalty (correctly). It didn't take forever.

To me, that seems exactly how it should work.

Wish they'd shown the cheese to Ronaldo and pepe for playacting last night

1 hour ago, Parkside said:

Wish they'd shown the cheese to Ronaldo and pepe for playacting last night

I didn't see much of that one but did see the tap on the shoulder and the drama followed, was that Pepe?

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

I didn't see much of that one but did see the tap on the shoulder and the drama followed, was that Pepe?

Yep sure was.

Ronaldo scored then spent 90 minutes falling over

40 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Yep sure was.

Ronaldo scored then spent 90 minutes falling over

It's the beautiful game!

I thought Australia played a great game last night. It was there for the take and they were definitely giving it a nudge, just need a bit of luck!

3 hours ago, Rog said:

I thought Australia played a great game last night. It was there for the take and they were definitely giving it a nudge, just need a bit of luck!

Probably the best attacking effort I think Ive seen from Australia against a class opposition in a long time.  If only they started the first half like they started the second the result could have been a bit different. 

31 minutes ago, KieranR said:

They fall over a lot in this game without anyone touching them.

I can't watch it. Maybe if they reviewed each game and handed out some harsh penalties for diving it would make them think twice. 

1 hour ago, A2K said:

I can't watch it. Maybe if they reviewed each game and handed out some harsh penalties for diving it would make them think twice. 

They‚Äôre after Oscars¬†ūüėā

I don't get why they don't at least penalise the players, on video evidence, after the fact even.  Sure it might not get picked up during the game.  Should be a minimum yellow card after the fact, plus coins.  It's beyond ridiculous and happens in kids games and everything.  I used to tell Kyan, when he played, if he got taken down to get straight back up and keep playing until the ref blows a whistle.  And that is drag him from the field of I saw him take a dive.  Not that he would, but plenty did.

• Like 1

I thought Kruse had nudes of Ange, must be Gallop because he is still in the squad, let alone starting and butchering any sort of attack down the left. Put Matt Jurman at left wing, anyone but get that hunter out of the team.

I didn't see the Oz game.  I was at a work dinner last night but they had the ARG v CRO game on. Great to see Argentina go down. Hate that team nearly as much as I hate France  (but not quite).

• Like 1

How about the two man tackle (rugby style I guess) in the box in the switzerland v serbia game??

7 hours ago, goughy said:

How about the two man tackle (rugby style I guess) in the box in the switzerland v serbia game??

Yeah that was bad but no worse than the wrestling that happened to Kane in the Eng match ( twice). Probably a bit of natural justice when Switzerland missed their penalty.

Apart from that, I thought it was a good game and for mine, Switzerland scored the goal of the comp so far, that was a cracker. I think the better team won and sets it up for a tasty match between Serbia and Brazil. 

Unsurprisingly Australia's complete inability to produce world class strikers has cost us any chance of gamely qualifying. Throwing Cahill on when he can't get a run in a struggling A League team or Millwall is a sign of the times (or FFA's commercial contracts). We created enough attacking chances and bombed enough crosses in, just had no-one to finish.  Kruse, for all the flak he copped early, was serviceable against Peru. 

The manager did well enough I thought given the circumstances, we looked like absolute balls in qualifying and to see us get routed thrice would not have surprised anyone. the turnaround once a pragmatic formation was put in place was pleasing. we competed well against 2 top class opponents and were unlucky not to do better. Unfortunately we need to put the ball in the net, 50/50 calls never go to minnows and you can't ride your luck from the spot to advance.

Who to support now? 

19 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Unsurprisingly Australia's complete inability to produce world class strikers has cost us any chance of gamely qualifying. Throwing Cahill on when he can't get a run in a struggling A League team or Millwall is a sign of the times (or FFA's commercial contracts). We created enough attacking chances and bombed enough crosses in, just had no-one to finish.  Kruse, for all the flak he copped early, was serviceable against Peru. 

The manager did well enough I thought given the circumstances, we looked like absolute balls in qualifying and to see us get routed thrice would not have surprised anyone. the turnaround once a pragmatic formation was put in place was pleasing. we competed well against 2 top class opponents and were unlucky not to do better. Unfortunately we need to put the ball in the net, 50/50 calls never go to minnows and you can't ride your luck from the spot to advance.

Who to support now? 

Who ever plays England

• Haha 1

Nigeria were unlucky last night and deserved more from that game. Great to see that drugged up fat, cheating fcuktard Maradonna crying and biting his nails for a while.

I'm WFH and Mexico v Sweden is up next :)