willie

FFF1077 - Just for you mate

3 hours ago, beginnergirl said:

Are we going to see you at Carine Parkrun Sam?

Maybe. 

Probably not though. At least not until Oct-Nov. And yes.... 7am.... I'd normally have a few hours of the day already lived. But I will see. 

Cheers 

17 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

And any doctors or physios please contact me via PM 

Hope you are ok mate, remember don't hurt yourself because of this. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Hope you are ok mate, remember don't hurt yourself because of this. 

Got some help and opinions from experienced people. 

Sorted. Somewhat. 

Cheers mate. Appreciate the concern 👍

And you did not mention the Origin either, very humane.... LOL 

2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Maybe. 

Probably not though. At least not until Oct-Nov. And yes.... 7am.... I'd normally have a few hours of the day already lived. But I will see. 

Cheers 

run off the bike mate, I know MKC is a fan of that :P

1 hour ago, willie said:

run off the bike mate, I know MKC is a fan of that :P

All in good time grasshopper 😎✌️😂😂

• Like 1

Update

Training going well. I've been brave but sensible with my ankle and it's going ok. Nothing to be worried about anyway. Diet has changed where it needed too. Little bit of a culture shock but generally pretty straight forward.* Weight has dropped to 83kg but not much more....? but body comp seems to be changing, love handles are getting smaller and ribs starting to appear mean the weight is being replaced.

Swim - Another 10km+ week. Feeling good in the water, ESPECIALLY since implamenting Zed's bend ya elbow thing.

Bike - Just Zwifting during the week due to it being easier to get a focussed session done. And it's Winter...Sorry FP but I'm soft 😂 Position is good. Lower back and hip flexors are playing along although hip flexors do get bloody tight and sore by the end of the working week. all good though.

Run - Shuffle/walk is the go👍 able to do 1hr sessions of it with NO adverse effects or extended recovery required. Just keep rolling this protocol until the MKC training program kicks in with 16 weeks to go.

Life stress is normal. Really really need to spend a weekend getting my house organised how it used to be prior to the injuries....not having training stuff at hand and hunting around for this and that burns minutes that I could be training or parenting. Work was ****ing mental this week, massive mail volumes plus bad weather means that lazy ****s take sickies and the rest of us shoulder their load....absouley rooted friday arvo. More mental fatigue than anything.

Mooj is good, bloody excited about December...LOL 

Its great to see her face light up when we talk about it.

Girlfriend situation is stable and supportive. Happy days.

21 weeks to go...YEOW🤘😎

*Straight forward once its spelled out in basic terms to a sometimes very basic guy...LOL

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tyno said:

So, should I slip a lazy $50 on you to win outright? :)

Maybe in the "over think" sweepstakes? LOL 

• Like 1

OK so we all know I'm a bit thick.... 

*cough cough 

But I only realised yesterday that I had booked myself and my daughter for a family reunion in the Otways at the start of October..... FARK 

I have to admit I was pretty devastated. That's a critical time for the build into Busselton. My immediate thoughts were "just run a shit load" as I thought* I would not have access to a pool or a bike. 

*no research just panic 

After some straight forward advice and help from MJK and the other folks on MKC I have the plan in place. 

MASSIVE THANKS TO WILLIE AND B@W for their help and generosity here. B@W I have messaged you on Faceache 👍

And a sincere thanks to Matt Koorey at MKC. He kicked my arse back into gear not from an ivory tower, but from his own experiences with similar situations. His drive and passion for the people who he coaches is something I've never had the pleasure of before. It's seriously awesome. 😎👌

Cheers all ✌️

• Like 7

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

He kicked my arse back into gear not from an ivory tower, but from his own experiences with similar situations.

What you need to learn Sam, is that there is ALWAYS a way. 

I trained for IM while working on the road through regional & remote Qld. You look for the positives. There aren't many highways in Qld I haven't ridden on, and I've run to the top of many mountains most people don't even know exist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1