willie

FFF1077 - Just for you mate

Pre season Beer mile test results 

1 can of Wild Yak in 13:53 seconds 

• Like 3

On 06/06/2018 at 8:40 AM, Turts said:

Don't drag me into this buddy! I retired from Ironman after Busso 2015.

(Actually I think I retired halfway thru the hellish swim)

I saw you out there Turts, making it look easy. Think we have one more in us? I'm wondering whether to head to Busso just to watch the end result of this endeavour...

FFF - Go love every minute of it fella!

TenPints, love to see you there and say G'day. 

Snap shot of portion control reality when you have to drop kgs 

BIG bowl was my usual spag bol serving. Piled high. Small bowl 2/3 full is the status quo now. 😎👌

20180609_175154.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Pre season Beer mile test results 

1 can of Wild Yak in 13:53 seconds 

Is 4.2% legal for beer mile?  

2 hours ago, pieman said:

Is 4.2% legal for beer mile?  

You're lucky that I will have beer. I'm not a big drinker, prefer to do it with choc milk. But it's probably the only time I'll do it, so I might as well have a crack. 

I would love to get there to watch/do. Unfortunately I get back from a holiday two days before. I am not sure I could train successfully in the lead up to the race on a cruise ship  

Will be watching from afar, unless the lottery gods are good to me in the next few months. 

FM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Were there any 'tucky Fried vouchers in the care package?

Happily no....LOL

No KFC etc till afterwards. 

I have to do the gift/support/coaching justice and have a crack. It'd be rude not to IMO

• Thanks 1

Mate, we're all behind you. 

Not everyone here is fully across your situation, as when you post here you are positive and upbeat.

No one would be taking the piss or having a go, so please, please let the good feelings out-punch any negativity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FFF, I have been exactly where you are with regards to the generosity of this community!  Quite frankly on more than one occasion.  So I know exactly how you are feeling Sammy!  Trust me when I say this.  Accept it for exactly how it was meant.  It's not about people looking down on anyone.  It's absolutely not about anyone thinking you can't look after yourself or do something for yourself.  I bet you've helped mates out before, whether it be moving house or whatever.  And I bet you didn't think twice about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, goughy said:

t's absolutely not about anyone thinking you can't look after yourself or do something for yourself.

Or, that you wont do anything for your daughter. 

You make sure she eats super well and has such an awesome time with you. Living and loving life,  not necessarily all the gadgets. 

Self sacrifice. 

That said, I'd eat toast and vegemite every day! Try veg and avo on toast. 

But blue cheese sucks big time ya womble. 

• Thanks 1

Mate, I was just joking about you eating healthy stuff and controlled portions. Nobody needs to justify shit to me. 

Sorry I came across like a prick. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Mate, I was just joking about you eating healthy stuff and controlled portions. Nobody needs to justify shit to me. 

Sorry I came across like a prick. 

All good. 

Hopefully I explained why I feel like I do in the previous posts. If not then PM me for details. 

You're a good guy in my opinion. Thanks. 

OK 

10 days since I received this. Update time. 

Swim - 3 swims. All Paddles and Bouy for the majority of the time. As I type this I'm swimming tonight and Sunday as well. Focusing on frequency rather than long sets as I have just recovered from the worst man flu EVER. Feel OK in the water, need to return to the focus on stroke rate. Happy with the progress. 

Bike - As I am still getting the Frankenbike back together(parts are coming from Wiggle via Roxii, thanks mate ✌️😎) I have been rolling around on the MTB. 3 rides done in the 10 days. All easy. No out of the saddle efforts to keep the ankle happy. It's been a massive shock to my quads, lower back and hip flexors which started to get angry but with stretching they've calmed down. Hanging out to get the Frankenbike back on the Kickr and on Zwift etc. 

Run - *cough cough.... Well I have been walking with some very gentle shuffling. Trying to get through the 100/100, or well at least use it as part of a motivator to get outside and walk. The shuffling has been positive. I feel great and the ankle hasn't complained. I am HYPER aware of any feelings from the ankle so I reckon that I am partially overthinking it. But just playing it safe. 

Diet - Definitely improved. Having the knowledge of MKC and watching his clips and reading discussions on the subject has been an eye opening experience. I have to sit down and nut out exactly what I put in my mouth as far as Carb/Protein/Fat, this will be a good thing as I have never looked closely at the breakdown of the food I eat. 

It's been really ****ing hard to kick all the crap food out of my diet. Habits etc. Easier to know that I have a good reason to resist rather than just caving into desire. 

Weight - 83.4 and stable for the past week. 

Health - Man flu gone. Lingering congestion. 

Ankle is ok. Still babying it majorly and will continue to until the end of the month. At least.... 

Life stress is ok. Nothing serious. My daughter is awesome. My girlfriend is awesome. Work is work. 

Cheers. 

Edited by FFF1077
Details
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Life stress is ok. Nothing serious. My daughter is awesome. My girlfriend is awesome. Work is work. 

This is probably the best part of your update. The mind is a wonderful thing - it drive your whole self.

Enjoy the journey.

FM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Flanman said:

This is probably the best part of your update. The mind is a wonderful thing - it drive your whole self.

Enjoy the journey.

FM

Cheers 

The support from my daughter and my girlfriend is amazing! My daughter is PUMPED! LOL it's great to see. She always asks "would Matt Koorey be happy with you if he heard/saw that?" if I suggest that we get subway or if I suggest that I take the afternoon off to do housework 😂😂 all from an 8yr old 😂😎❤️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Cheers 

The support from my daughter and my girlfriend is amazing! My daughter is PUMPED! LOL it's great to see. She always asks "would Matt Koorey be happy with you if he heard/saw that?" if I suggest that we get subway or if I suggest that I take the afternoon off to do housework 😂😂 all from an 8yr old 😂😎❤️

Well done mate.

Don't forget to tell Miss 8 about her race too.

http://ap.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman/western-australia/events/ironkids-busselton.aspx#axzz5IRorwtkU

I'll spring for her entry for this.  When it gets closer I'll shoot you the cash. P

Edited by Peter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Bike - As I am still getting the Frankenbike back together(parts are coming from Wiggle via Roxii, thanks mate ✌️😎

Tracking says the package is due today to you. (If Aus post don't drop the ball :lol: )

Happy tinkering. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Australia post is better than a couple of couriers I tried... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Well done mate.

http://ap.ironman.com/triathlon/events/asiapac/ironman/western-australia/events/ironkids-busselton.aspx#axzz5IRorwtkU

I'll spring for her entry for this.  When it gets closer I'll shoot you the cash. P

There should be enough in the kitty for that too. If not, someone yell out and let us know. We can fill it for her.

FM

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Well done mate.

Unfortunately she's not going to be there till lunchtime Saturday 😕

Very very kind of you Peter ✌️😎

4 hours ago, roxii said:

Tracking says the package is due today to you. (If Aus post don't drop the ball :lol: )

Happy tinkering. 

Yeah I got a notification about 90min after I posted this morning 😂😂

The secret microphones must be working 😂😂 someone heard me 

• Like 2

Booya 😎🤘

Thanks again to Roxii. 

Hope all is well with you and family mate. 

Cheers 

1529045089498238802246.jpg

you are so lucky you can have stuff dropped off and left out the front!  up here it gets flogged within minutes ha ha!

Yesterday a bloke got nailed by a snake while training for the 6 hr mtb race tomorrow, he preferred to ride home first, put his bike away then get his wife to take him to the hospital, just so his bike wouldn't get flogged.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2