Peter

What bluetooth earphones are you using

When doing turbo sessions I’ve been listening to music or podcasts. 

Live just got cheap $20 Chinese headphones. 

They have issues on and off. 

What are others using?

Jaybird x3

Pretty good. Not to sturdy. Be ok for what you want. 

$169 at JB HIFI at the moment 

For the last two weeks I have been using some cheap SoundPEATS headphones. They stay in my ears when running and cycling. Sound quality is great for podcasts and music. 6 hour battery life. $26US plus shipping

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LP6CFEC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Given Amazons recent decision to block Australians from the US website you can them on the .au website for $57AUD.

Some cheap ass things that I don't even know the name of.  Would love to get some Jaybird Run's some time, as I only put one in when walking so I can hear people and stuff around me.  

Good point Goughy. I only use the SoundPEATS for stationary cycling and running in the middle of nowhere. They are effective at blocking out external noises.

For road cycling and running on paths I use the Phillips Actionfit. They are designed to allow ambient sound in. I bought them off the catchoftheday website for about $70.

https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/SHQ7900CL_00/actionfit-bluetooth-sports-headphones/overview

Trekz titanium 

Negative - Good until you have a really hard session and you need to blast the music to help drown out the pain.

Positive - It goes pretty loud and it does come with optional ear plugs which make it better still. (Just not defendingly loud)

Positive - you can heat traffic etc when running / riding

Positive - the sound reduces if your jaw is not relaxed.

So really if you're not wanting to blast your brain out with the noise level, these are great.

• Thanks 1

I remember a tear down of a set of beats over ear bluetooth headphones (the big suckers).  They found lumps of lead added inside the ear pieces to make them feel heavier and more solid.

I have Nuraphones for work.

I have a pair of prototype Bose I'm helping suss out (oh yeah, RunWith world exclusive. It's actually something I hit them up about and to their credit, they listened 100%) and a pair of Aftershokz. Lets just say the best feature of Aftershokz will soon come to Bose (and no, it's not bone conduction tech). 

Work out what features you want/need and then work from there... When you work out that aftershokz are perfect for you let me know and I'll sell em to ya :P:lol:

• Like 1

sort of off topic question, but with information coming out about the damage to peoples ears from using head/earphones, does anyone know if bone conduction causes the same issues?

I use the set that came with my Nokia Lumia 920 from 2012 (!), but only on the trainer. Seem to be the only set that have ever stayed in my ears for longer than 5 minutes 😒

On 15/06/2018 at 12:46 PM, willie said:

Work out what features you want/need and then work from there... When you work out that aftershokz are perfect for you let me know and I'll sell em to ya :P:lol:

Yep. Gone mine from Willie. 

Quick delivery and great price! 

Edited by Cranky
Forgot to proof read

I’m using trekz titanium also. Probably the best wireless headphones I’ve owned. Garmin has recommended them as compatible with the 645music I bought. They came in the same shade of pink also 🙂

I took a few wears to get used of the cheekbone technology but they are super comfortable and don’t move at all when running. 

https://aftershokz.com/collections/wireless/products/trekz-titanium

Edited by beginnergirl

8 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

I use nature wireless headphones.  They are that good you don't even know you have got them on. They don't have blue teeth though.   

he needs them for on the trainer in his garage.

37 minutes ago, beginnergirl said:

I’m using trekz titanium also. Probably the best wireless headphones I’ve owned. Garmin has recommended them as compatible with the 645music I bought. They came in the same shade of pink also 🙂

I took a few wears to get used of the cheekbone technology but they are super comfortable and don’t move at all when running. 

https://aftershokz.com/collections/wireless/products/trekz-titanium

They look great. I might give these a go. 

Btw. Is the woman at 1:10 just coming out from a crap in the woods?

https://youtu.be/kxMMAkfhKG4

• Haha 1