RunBrettRun

Busso 2018

20 minutes ago, Surfer said:

C'mon tell us about it Sam ... Im busting 😆😆

Patience is the key. 

• Haha 1

On 03/12/2018 at 4:32 PM, Cat Lady said:

nasty happenings on course at Busso.  Just saw this on FB

.... by Shannon at #ironmanwesternaustralia finishing 3rd in her category after being deliberately crashed into whilst leading. Riding 140km with a broken bike and a broken arm, Shannon called on all her reserves to somehow get to the finish line. Finishing what is started is worth so much to Shannon and we are extremely proud of her never say die attitude.

Quite simply a disgusting incident we have requested @ironmanoceania to take seriously with an investigation.

The athlete in question is in yellow.  

Clearly puts her into the fence  

https://twitter.com/quinny_1/status/1069540360873857024?s=21

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Katz said:

I cannot believe how gullible I can be.....

I fell for it as well.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I fell for it as well.

Me too🤗

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

I fell for it as well.

40 minutes ago, Hymie said:

Me too🤗

Me three

46 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I'm waiting for you to do all our finish videos Peter 

This 

Every Trannie who was there. Not just me ffs 

For anyone interested, I put up a little report on my day in the race reports page. Excuse the grammar errors, I’m too lazy to go back and fix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KieranR said:

For anyone interested, I put up a little report on my day in the race reports page. Excuse the grammar errors, I’m too lazy to go back and fix.

How's your break down in Marg River, Dunsborough going?

23 minutes ago, zed said:

How's your break down in Marg River, Dunsborough going?

Left busso yesterday, went out to the zip lining at tuart forest, wife’s is trying to become a bit more adventurous / brave, will go back later this week to see if she will have a go, down in Duns now, found some Mtb tracks that she is keen to go have a ride on the beginner ones, so will unload the MTb in next couple days and go for a ride together, staying opposite a winery so the plan is to go sit there all afternoon and try everything, hit a few boutique brewery as well oh and go back to the choc factory in MR,  Just nice to spend some time together without kids (we need it as a couple).  Kids are having a blast In perth with adopted Gp’s....they didnt even call us last night 😂.  I’m still struggling to sleep well so I’m up early walking around while the wife enjoys her sleep ins.  Are going to book in a feed at Leeuin estate, thanks for the referral.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RunBrettRun said:

geez that wasn't a very stylish landing

I thought he crossed the line.  Turned left and passed out.

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

I thought he crossed the line.  Turned left and passed out.

whatever it was it wasnt pretty haha

ha ha yeah hamstring completely cramped. Wheelchair + recovery tent lol

Thanks for the vid Peter

3 hours ago, KieranR said:

Left busso yesterday, went out to the zip lining at tuart forest, wife’s is trying to become a bit more adventurous / brave, will go back later this week to see if she will have a go, down in Duns now, found some Mtb tracks that she is keen to go have a ride on the beginner ones, so will unload the MTb in next couple days and go for a ride together, staying opposite a winery so the plan is to go sit there all afternoon and try everything, hit a few boutique brewery as well oh and go back to the choc factory in MR,  Just nice to spend some time together without kids (we need it as a couple).  Kids are having a blast In perth with adopted Gp’s....they didnt even call us last night 😂.  I’m still struggling to sleep well so I’m up early walking around while the wife enjoys her sleep ins.  Are going to book in a feed at Leeuin estate, thanks for the referral.

Go do the caves, they are awesome!

4 hours ago, Hymie said:

Go do the caves, they are awesome!

Do the one where you get a helmet and torch and go through yourself.

Not the fancy stalactites etc,  its a cool experiencing squeezing through etc. 

9 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

That's cool, thanks Peter

You could have gone 9:09:xx if you didn't lay your lips on a spectator. I just don't know what's with you lot nowadays. I guess it's just a lack of passion for the sport.

FM 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Flanman said:

You could have gone 9:09:xx if you didn't lay your lips on a spectator. I just don't know what's with you lot nowadays. I guess it's just a lack of passion for the sport.

FM 

Don't worry, I've already had that chat with the spectator.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Turts said:

Do the one where you get a helmet and torch and go through yourself.

Self-administered proctology?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Good read Lachie, and great to see you put it all together for the full distance. 

Thanks mate!

Checking in for my flight on Wednesday night,  back to work, was a nightmare. The queue was full of people with numbers on their arms, wearing finisher merchandise and pushing bike bags!😀

When I landed in Mongolia the temperature was a balmy -26C. Winter is here and will only get colder.😨

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

Checking in for my flight on Wednesday night,  back to work, was a nightmare. The queue was full of people with numbers on their arms, wearing finisher merchandise and pushing bike bags!😀

When I landed in Mongolia the temperature was a balmy -26C. Winter is here and will only get colder.😨

I just googled the climate in Mongolia. Amazing!

Did anyone try the Ironman gels on course.Strawberry flavoured plaster of Paris came to mind.😜

13 hours ago, BigRig said:

Did anyone try the Ironman gels on course.Strawberry flavoured plaster of Paris came to mind.😜

I did not try any of the gels but I did not like the on course electrolyte, it tasted awful especially warm on the bike.

2 hours ago, KieranR said:

3rd visit this week 😂😳

9FA018D2-A498-4C2A-BC29-E8D252CCA3C1.jpeg

We only did one visit, but did buy a number of boxes of dark chocolate......

The other one worth visiting is Gabriel, corner Caves and Quininup Road. Some seriously good dark.  Just finishing the dark mint.  The Vietnamese dark bean was the yummiest. 

What was even better was hiring mtb from The Hairy Marron plus the trails that are nearby are in excellent condition and loads of fun 

A3C1FD97-CDDD-419E-97AA-5E810BEF271B.jpeg

Edited by Youngy2
Forgot photo

3 hours ago, Youngy2 said:

What was even better was hiring mtb from The Hairy Marron plus the trails that are nearby are in excellent condition and loads of fun 

A3C1FD97-CDDD-419E-97AA-5E810BEF271B.jpeg

Yep I hit the trails a few times this week.  Didn’t leave home without our MTB’s knowing what’s on offer down here

• Like 1

I hope you are visiting Providore next to MR chocolate factory. You can taste everything. I have spent quite a large amount of time sampling the lemon and passionfruit curd!

Edited by Lesmack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesmack said:

I hope you are visiting Providore next to MR chocolate factory. You can taste everything. I have spent quite a large amount of time sampling the lemon and passionfruit curd!

Yes spent a small fortune there and have 3 jars of the passionfruit curd

Just saw this photo, I know a few people were saying it was disappointing that the first across the line was relegated to second.  Jarrod is on the left. 

image.thumb.png.c568c90672dec62f9a2c536983692a44.png