RunBrettRun

Busso 2018

20 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I'm in.

Lets get the chat started.

When do the hill repeats in the rain start?

Yeah I'm down. 2nd full since my first in 2014. 

Not sure how the swim will go (if there is one) with the new course, the fop guys will hit a sh!tload of traffic as they come round for the 2nd lap. I've never done a swim course like that, it may be OK with the rolling start?

65 slots I believe? Not sure about slot allocation yet though. 

I'm going to actually get a coach and program for this race. Self coaching isn't quite working for me, I ran 100km last week..... but only rode 79 😄 So not quite got the balance right!

Edited by zed
  • Haha 1

Not much rest for me this year, Cairns, then worlds in September, then start IMWA build a week after I get back... will next the rest of the season off, just do a few random sprints/ODs nothing serious. 

9 minutes ago, zed said:

Yeah I'm down. 2nd full since my first in 2014. 

Not sure how the swim will go (if there is one) with the new course, the fop guys will hit a sh!tload of traffic as they come round for the 2nd lap. I've never done a swim course like that, it may be OK with the rolling start?

65 slots I believe? Not sure about slot allocation yet though. 

I'm going to actually get a coach and program for this race. Self coaching isn't quite working for me, I ran 100km last week..... but only rode 79 😄 So not quite got the balance right!

There’s no age group spots in the 50-54 age group this year. Bit sad.

3 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

There’s no age group spots in the 50-54 age group this year. Bit sad.

Huh? There were 5 last year.

Edited by zed

1 hour ago, zed said:

Not much rest for me this year, Cairns, then worlds in September, then start IMWA build a week after I get back... will next the rest of the season off, just do a few random sprints/ODs nothing serious. 

Yeah I pulled out of world to focus on getting the long stuff humming. Getting diet and pacing right.  Today got the email re 65 spots.  Flights on special with virgin and picked up a 3 bed house for 6 nights 700. From start for $1400. Everything just lined up and next minute it was booked.  6 months and 2 days to get ironman fit and book my spot.

Bored@ I rode on Saturday in the rain.  While I don't necessarily agree with ap re doing hills in the rain, doing boston in that weather made me realise I can train outside in a lot worse conditions than I had been allowing myself to train in.  

32 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Really?

He's drunk on a Tram on his way home from a work piss up. Peter is soft & won't race.

• Haha 2

On 31/05/2018 at 5:17 PM, Peter said:

Edited by FFF1077

On 31/05/2018 at 6:03 PM, Bored@work said:

Edited by FFF1077

2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Really?

94k race this sat. If I hold on u til the end, I’ll do it. Ironman is easy. Ffs. I’ve done ten of them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

94k race this sat. If I hold on u til the end, I’ll do it. Ironman is easy. Ffs. I’ve done ten of them. 

If u hold on😂😂😂😂I’ll be impressed if you manage to ride 65km with out getting in the sag wagon 

• Haha 1

I'm in.

This will be my first IM working a 4 weeks / 2 weeks off roster. While on the mine site there is no pool and the exercise bikes are the old school no screen type. So I am hoping for a cancelled swim and shortened bike again this year.:wink3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, prizna said:

65 slots for a duathlon

65 slots is IM trying to drum up entries. It's a vanilla course, that as struggled to put on a complete race for the last few years.

I just wanna be able to #sub9, thats the reality of why i'm going over, I wont mention if the swim was cancelled on insta.  

Great goal. I’ll be trying to go sub 13. 

I was up at 4am today. Sadly no rain. 

On 01/06/2018 at 6:15 AM, Peter said:

Edited by FFF1077

14 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Hill repeats on the Tram? 

#tramlyfe #blessed #notaflea 

I did those in san fran a month or so ago while eating a bear claw.  #fatlyf

• Haha 1

On 01/06/2018 at 6:32 AM, RunBrettRun said:

😎🤘💪😂😂😂

Edited by FFF1077

15 hours ago, zed said:

Are you going to start a thread about getting a coach ?  Don't be taking over this thread with that nonsense.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Hill repeats on the Tram? 

#tramlyfe #blessed #notaflea 

I was not on a tram. I was on a train thinking about why I’ll need to give up pizza until December 3. My wife said I’ve let myself go since my last ironman in 2012 

C9DE970F-A57D-49F7-A4F5-9EA3AC981944.png

15 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Yeah I pulled out of world to focus on getting the long stuff humming. Getting diet and pacing right.  Today got the email re 65 spots.  Flights on special with virgin and picked up a 3 bed house for 6 nights 700. From start for $1400. Everything just lined up and next minute it was booked.  6 months and 2 days to get ironman fit and book my spot.

Bored@ I rode on Saturday in the rain.  While I don't necessarily agree with ap re doing hills in the rain, doing boston in that weather made me realise I can train outside in a lot worse conditions than I had been allowing myself to train in.  

You've done Busso before yeah?

5 minutes ago, zed said:

When will you start to practice eating flies while running?

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Great goal. I’ll be trying to go sub 13. 

I was up at 4am today. Sadly no rain. 

I have $1000 you won't race the full distance Ironman. You might rock up for the half but I doubt it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, zed said:

nope

36 minutes ago, Peter said:

I was not on a tram. I was on a train thinking about why I’ll need to give up pizza until December 3. My wife said I’ve let myself go since my last ironman in 2012 

why you waiting till the 3rd?  Planning to use all your 17 hours to finish?  Ill be eating pizza for dinner on the 2nd.

17 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

nope

You will love the swim out and around the Jetty, it's the one good thing about the race.

4 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

You will love the swim out and around the Jetty, it's the one good thing about the race.

the fact it no longer goes around the jetty made it more attractive to me.  why would anyone wanna swim 2k out to sea?  Jetty or no jetty.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 8:58 AM, KieranR said:

Edited by FFF1077
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Probably more likely than a swim leg.... LOL 

Ironman should include this in their event planning.

In the event of the swim being cancelled all participants will be required to complete the beer mile before entering transition and starting the bike leg.

This would make the bike leg way more entertaining for the spectators. 😉

• Like 3

On 01/06/2018 at 9:17 AM, Ironnerd said:

😎🤘💪😂😂😂

Edited by FFF1077
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Ironman should include this in their event planning.

In the event of the swim being cancelled all participants will be required to complete the beer mile before entering transition and starting the bike leg.

This would make the bike leg way more entertaining for the spectators. 😉

Might reduce the drafting if no one can ride in a straight line

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

the fact it no longer goes around the jetty made it more attractive to me.  why would anyone wanna swim 2k out to sea?  Jetty or no jetty.

Water is crystal clear and no deeper than 5m 2km out. It is an epic swim round the jetty. But the new swim will be fine.

2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

nope

I think you'll enjoy it. Certainly a lot less hassle than Cairns with their separate transitions.
I'm looking forward to Cairns though, sounds like a great bike leg.

Where are you staying?

Edited by zed

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I have $1000 you won't race the full distance Ironman. You might rock up for the half but I doubt it.

Don't bet with Pistol Pete, he's shooting blanks. I bet him a carton there would be a Busso 2018... still waiting on my Emu Export...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zed said:

Don't bet with Pistol Pete, he's shooting blanks. I bet him a carton there would be a Busso 2018... still waiting on my Emu Export...

Apparently he'll be there doing the IM. Have him donate it to the beer mile.

34 minutes ago, zed said:

Hold on. When?  

Every ironman beer mile ive run in busso 3!of them. Ive bought the beers for everyone. 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

If you go sub 11 at maryland and if the race is the full course.  Ill give you $1000 

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

If you go sub 11 at maryland and if the race is the full course.  Ill give you $1000 

Just pay an entry for busso for him, keep him out of retirement, i wanna race with him

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, zed said:

I think you'll enjoy it. Certainly a lot less hassle than Cairns with their separate transitions.
I'm looking forward to Cairns though, sounds like a great bike leg.

Where are you staying?

Booked a 3 bed air bnb place on Joliffe St, about 700m from T1. 

I will need to practice my drafting for this race.....who am i kidding of course I wont I already do that really well.

1 hour ago, zed said:

Race hasn't happened yet!