Jump to content
RunBrettRun

Busso 2018

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I'm in.

 

Lets get the chat started.

When do the hill repeats in the rain start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm down. 2nd full since my first in 2014. 

Not sure how the swim will go (if there is one) with the new course, the fop guys will hit a sh!tload of traffic as they come round for the 2nd lap. I've never done a swim course like that, it may be OK with the rolling start?

65 slots I believe? Not sure about slot allocation yet though. 

I'm going to actually get a coach and program for this race. Self coaching isn't quite working for me, I ran 100km last week..... but only rode 79 😄 So not quite got the balance right!

 

Edited by zed
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much rest for me this year, Cairns, then worlds in September, then start IMWA build a week after I get back... will next the rest of the season off, just do a few random sprints/ODs nothing serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zed said:

Yeah I'm down. 2nd full since my first in 2014. 

Not sure how the swim will go (if there is one) with the new course, the fop guys will hit a sh!tload of traffic as they come round for the 2nd lap. I've never done a swim course like that, it may be OK with the rolling start?

65 slots I believe? Not sure about slot allocation yet though. 

I'm going to actually get a coach and program for this race. Self coaching isn't quite working for me, I ran 100km last week..... but only rode 79 😄 So not quite got the balance right!

 

There’s no age group spots in the 50-54 age group this year. Bit sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

There’s no age group spots in the 50-54 age group this year. Bit sad.

Huh? There were 5 last year.

Edited by zed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zed said:

Not much rest for me this year, Cairns, then worlds in September, then start IMWA build a week after I get back... will next the rest of the season off, just do a few random sprints/ODs nothing serious. 

Yeah I pulled out of world to focus on getting the long stuff humming. Getting diet and pacing right.  Today got the email re 65 spots.  Flights on special with virgin and picked up a 3 bed house for 6 nights 700. From start for $1400. Everything just lined up and next minute it was booked.  6 months and 2 days to get ironman fit and book my spot.

 

Bored@ I rode on Saturday in the rain.  While I don't necessarily agree with ap re doing hills in the rain, doing boston in that weather made me realise I can train outside in a lot worse conditions than I had been allowing myself to train in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Really?

He's drunk on a Tram on his way home from a work piss up. Peter is soft & won't race.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2018 at 5:17 PM, Peter said:

 

Edited by FFF1077
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2018 at 6:03 PM, Bored@work said:

 

Edited by FFF1077
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Really?

94k race this sat. If I hold on u til the end, I’ll do it. Ironman is easy. Ffs. I’ve done ten of them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Peter said:

94k race this sat. If I hold on u til the end, I’ll do it. Ironman is easy. Ffs. I’ve done ten of them. 

If u hold on😂😂😂😂I’ll be impressed if you manage to ride 65km with out getting in the sag wagon 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in.

This will be my first IM working a 4 weeks / 2 weeks off roster. While on the mine site there is no pool and the exercise bikes are the old school no screen type. So I am hoping for a cancelled swim and shortened bike again this year.:wink3:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, prizna said:

65 slots for a duathlon

65 slots is IM trying to drum up entries. It's a vanilla course, that as struggled to put on a complete race for the last few years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanna be able to #sub9, thats the reality of why i'm going over, I wont mention if the swim was cancelled on insta.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great goal. I’ll be trying to go sub 13. 

I was up at 4am today. Sadly no rain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2018 at 6:15 AM, Peter said:

 

Edited by FFF1077
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Hill repeats on the Tram? 

 

#tramlyfe #blessed #notaflea 

I did those in san fran a month or so ago while eating a bear claw.  #fatlyf

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2018 at 6:32 AM, RunBrettRun said:

 

 😎🤘💪😂😂😂

Edited by FFF1077
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, zed said:

I'm going to actually get a coach and program for this race. Self coaching isn't quite working for me, I ran 100km last week..... but only rode 79 😄 So not quite got the balance right!

 

Are you going to start a thread about getting a coach ?  Don't be taking over this thread with that nonsense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Hill repeats on the Tram? 

 

#tramlyfe #blessed #notaflea 

I was not on a tram. I was on a train thinking about why I’ll need to give up pizza until December 3. My wife said I’ve let myself go since my last ironman in 2012 

C9DE970F-A57D-49F7-A4F5-9EA3AC981944.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Yeah I pulled out of world to focus on getting the long stuff humming. Getting diet and pacing right.  Today got the email re 65 spots.  Flights on special with virgin and picked up a 3 bed house for 6 nights 700. From start for $1400. Everything just lined up and next minute it was booked.  6 months and 2 days to get ironman fit and book my spot.

 

Bored@ I rode on Saturday in the rain.  While I don't necessarily agree with ap re doing hills in the rain, doing boston in that weather made me realise I can train outside in a lot worse conditions than I had been allowing myself to train in.  

You've done Busso before yeah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zed said:

You've done Busso before yeah?

When will you start to practice eating flies while running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Great goal. I’ll be trying to go sub 13. 

I was up at 4am today. Sadly no rain. 

I have $1000 you won't race the full distance Ironman. You might rock up for the half but I doubt it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, zed said:

You've done Busso before yeah?

nope

 

36 minutes ago, Peter said:

I was not on a tram. I was on a train thinking about why I’ll need to give up pizza until December 3. My wife said I’ve let myself go since my last ironman in 2012 

 

why you waiting till the 3rd?  Planning to use all your 17 hours to finish?  Ill be eating pizza for dinner on the 2nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

nope

You will love the swim out and around the Jetty, it's the one good thing about the race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

You will love the swim out and around the Jetty, it's the one good thing about the race.

the fact it no longer goes around the jetty made it more attractive to me.  why would anyone wanna swim 2k out to sea?  Jetty or no jetty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2018 at 8:58 AM, KieranR said:

 

Edited by FFF1077
.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Probably more likely than a swim leg.... LOL 

Ironman should include this in their event planning.

In the event of the swim being cancelled all participants will be required to complete the beer mile before entering transition and starting the bike leg.

This would make the bike leg way more entertaining for the spectators. 😉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2018 at 9:17 AM, Ironnerd said:

 

 😎🤘💪😂😂😂

Edited by FFF1077
.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Ironman should include this in their event planning.

In the event of the swim being cancelled all participants will be required to complete the beer mile before entering transition and starting the bike leg.

This would make the bike leg way more entertaining for the spectators. 😉

Might reduce the drafting if no one can ride in a straight line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

the fact it no longer goes around the jetty made it more attractive to me.  why would anyone wanna swim 2k out to sea?  Jetty or no jetty.

Water is crystal clear and no deeper than 5m 2km out. It is an epic swim round the jetty. But the new swim will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

nope

 

 

I think you'll enjoy it. Certainly a lot less hassle than Cairns with their separate transitions.
I'm looking forward to Cairns though, sounds like a great bike leg.

Where are you staying?

Edited by zed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I have $1000 you won't race the full distance Ironman. You might rock up for the half but I doubt it.

Don't bet with Pistol Pete, he's shooting blanks. I bet him a carton there would be a Busso 2018... still waiting on my Emu Export...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, zed said:

Don't bet with Pistol Pete, he's shooting blanks. I bet him a carton there would be a Busso 2018... still waiting on my Emu Export...

Apparently he'll be there doing the IM. Have him donate it to the beer mile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, zed said:

Don't bet with Pistol Pete, he's shooting blanks. I bet him a carton there would be a Busso 2018... still waiting on my Emu Export...

Hold on. When?  

Every ironman beer mile ive run in busso 3!of them. Ive bought the beers for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I have $1000 you won't race the full distance Ironman. You might rock up for the half but I doubt it.

If you go sub 11 at maryland and if the race is the full course.  Ill give you $1000 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peter said:

If you go sub 11 at maryland and if the race is the full course.  Ill give you $1000 

Just pay an entry for busso for him, keep him out of retirement, i wanna race with him

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, zed said:

I think you'll enjoy it. Certainly a lot less hassle than Cairns with their separate transitions.
I'm looking forward to Cairns though, sounds like a great bike leg.

Where are you staying?

Booked a 3 bed air bnb place on Joliffe St, about 700m from T1. 

 

I will need to practice my drafting for this race.....who am i kidding of course I wont I already do that really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zed said:

Don't bet with Pistol Pete, he's shooting blanks. I bet him a carton there would be a Busso 2018... still waiting on my Emu Export...

Race hasn't happened yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×