roxii

VENTUM AND IRONMAN ANNOUNCE GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP

Ventum-Logo (1).png

VENTUM AND IRONMAN ANNOUNCE GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP

Ventum named Official Global Bike partner of IRONMAN

TAMPA, Fla./MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (May 10, 2018) — IRONMAN, a Wanda Sports Holdings company, announced today a new partnership with Ventum, the triathlon racing bike brand, to become the Official Global Bike Partner of IRONMAN® as well as the Official Bike Supplier of the IRONMAN World Championship and IRONMAN 70.3® World Championship. This marks a monumental partnership with Ventum becoming the first ever global bike partner of IRONMAN.

Highlighting the partnership between IRONMAN and Ventum will be the debut of two co-branded special edition Ventum One series bikes. The IRONMAN by Ventum: 2018 Edition Bicycle will feature IRONMAN’s signature red, black and white color scheme and will be available for purchase in June.

ventum-one-geometry-banner.jpg

Additionally, as IRONMAN celebrates its 40th Anniversary since the first IRONMAN event in 1978, the IRONMAN by Ventum: Kona Anniversary Edition Bicycle will feature a custom “40 Years of Dreams” design and color scheme inspired by Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i. Both bikes will be sold exclusively through Ventum’s online shop and will be available for purchase through December 2018. Interested athletes have the opportunity to reserve these special-edition bikes now at ventumracing.com/ironman.

Ventum leverages technology from fighter jets and Formula One racing to create bicycles that are more aerodynamic and ergonomic. Built for maximum performance in real-world race conditions, the Ventum One stands out from traditional bicycles thanks to its patented frame design. Featuring a water bottle integrated into the top tube and the elimination of the downtube and seat stays, the Ventum One is actually faster with a water bottle than without. IRONMAN athletes who have registered to race in 2018 will receive a special discount offer on Ventum bikes as well as a free IRONMAN-branded integrated water bottle using the code IRONMANBIKE on Ventum’s online shop.

“As Ventum continues to grow and expand into additional markets, it’s important for us to remember that we started with an initial goal of building the world’s best bike for athletes competing in an IRONMAN race,” said Ventum co-founder, Diaa Nour. “We felt that we achieved that with the Ventum One. Now, having Ventum selected as the Official Global Bike Partner of IRONMAN and the Official Bike Supplier of the IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships is an honor and recognition that we are very proud of.”

Ventum has a history with IRONMAN as the Official Bike Sponsor of the IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i  since 2016.

“The IRONMAN family is looking forward to this global partnership with Ventum,” said Matthieu Van Veen, Chief Revenue Officer for IRONMAN. “This partnership with a premiere bike brand demonstrates our commitment to providing excellence to our athletes. The ability to work with Ventum to collaborate and innovate especially through the development of the exclusive, special edition bike is an exciting new element to add to IRONMAN as well as the celebration of our 40th anniversary.

A number of triathletes compete on Ventum bikes throughout the IRONMAN series, including IRONMAN champions Meredith Kessler, and Kevin Collington, IRONMAN World Champion and IRONMAN 70.3 World Champion, Leanda Cave as well as rising stars, Lauren Brandon and Cody Beals.

“I am so excited about Ventum shaking up the bike industry through their innovation and this partnership with IRONMAN,” said professional triathlete Leanda Cave. “Ventum has taken to the wind tunnel and created the fastest bike that carries hydration in an aerodynamic fashion without a negative impact on performance. Not only has hydration been addressed, but their radical design also improves athlete comfort.”

Ventum will have a presence at select 2018 IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 Series events around the world, including the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship held in Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa on September 1 and 2, and the IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i on October 13 .

Find out more about Ventum at ventumracing.com.  

For more information on the IRONMAN brand and global event series, visit www.ironman.com.

How to make an ugly bike even uglier... plaster Mdots and palm trees all over it...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ruley said:

Who's the money behind ventum?

not sure but seriously???

Starting at $11,000 * Not including power meter

can get one for 3500 with training wheels.. although not the IM version

1 hour ago, pieman said:

can get one for 3500 with training wheels.. although not the IM version

Isn’t that USD3,500, so currently ~AUD4,600 (before GST, taking it past the AUD5k mark)?

So many races are incomplete these days, so a bike that's missing a third leg makes sense I guess.:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, FatPom said:

So many races are incomplete these days, so a bike that's missing a third leg makes sense I guess.:whistling:

Not just a 3rd. It's also missing another 2 to the rear wheel. 

Interesting concept, and yeah, maybe it's an "evolution", but shit, it's ugly. I think it would look a lot better if there wasn't such a gap behind the front wheel.

I had a Hotta about 20 years ago and that was awesome in a straight line, but a pig in handling and as flexible as a reality TC star's moral standards .... I have heard these aren't much better, even with the advances in carbon and laying-up over the years.

Try as they might, there is no substitute for the triple triangle.

2 hours ago, trilobite said:

Isn’t that USD3,500, so currently ~AUD4,600 (before GST, taking it past the AUD5k mark)?

Yeah I'm not saying it's in any way worth it just another option over the 12k USD Peter linkd...

12k usd. So worth it.

dont need to get up at 4:30 and train in the rain with a bike worth that.  

Edited by Peter

I’m waiting until one is getting hashtagged by one of my favourite insta-athletes.

I’ll be up at 3:30am with that sort of #fitspo

• Haha 1

Rates as high on the ugly list as Dimond does.

• Sad 1

Come to think of it, will Macca be putting up the BMC together with the Specialized on gumtree to clear some space in his garage for a ventum?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trilobite said:

Come to think of it, will Macca be putting up the BMC together with the Specialized on gumtree to clear some space in his garage for a ventum?

Na you are more likely to see BMC sign with challenge and superleague

Custom Bike fit on the sunny coast posted on his FB page this arvo, with a pic of a customer on their ventum.  Had a retul fit a few weeks ago, got his size sorted, bought his ventum, and is off to Kona.

11 minutes ago, goughy said:

Custom Bike fit on the sunny coast posted on his FB page this arvo, with a pic of a customer on their ventum.  Had a retul fit a few weeks ago, got his size sorted, bought his ventum, and is off to Kona.

I was looking at them today (a frameset) a lot of money for a bike that's for sure.

1 hour ago, RunBrettRun said:

I was looking at them today (a frameset) a lot of money for a bike that's for sure.

Wait until November. There will be a few cheap. 

I know a guy who bought a 56cm / Large that will be sold post Kona. And umm pretty sure he isn’t even using it in Kona. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peter said:

Wait until November. There will be a few cheap. 

I know a guy who bought a 56cm / Large that will be sold post Kona. And umm pretty sure he isn’t even using it in Kona. 

Na 

Coffee shop rides only bro 👍👍🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I own a shiv so that means I'd be upgrading?

You probably would be to be honest... that shiv wasn’t that good when they were new, let alone this many years later :P 

16 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

No doubt, Ill just add it to the list

• Adios
  • Kona/Ironman
  • Endura Gels
  • Tailwind
  • Shiv

Is that a list of things slowing you down? If so, the beard should surely be on there...

8 minutes ago, pieman said:

Is that a list of things slowing you down? If so, the beard should surely be on there...

the beard gets removed when it matters ;)

• Thanks 1

The shiv is easily the worst looking bike ever. The bulky front end looks crap. 

And i own 4 specialized bikes. 

28 minutes ago, Peter said:

The shiv is easily the worst looking bike ever. The bulky front end looks crap. 

And i own 4 specialized bikes. 

The non tri ones that the pro cycling teams use look a lot nicer but yep.. fugly

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, Ruley said:

Who's the money behind ventum?

I thought it was Diaa Nour (Leanda Cave's husband) and Jimmy Seear.  I have met Diaa a few times and he seems like a nice guy.

Leanda Cave just posted an insta story and I counted 22 on a group ride that turned up. Gulp. 20k a pop. 

6D4E0216-30EF-40F4-AC5A-B0A6159398EA.png

• Like 1

Noosa tri club posted on Facebook about how cool it was for a father and son from the club doing Kona together, and posted a pic of one of them (I think it was the father) and he was on one!

20 minutes ago, goughy said:

Noosa tri club posted on Facebook about how cool it was for a father and son from the club doing Kona together, and posted a pic of one of them (I think it was the father) and he was on one!

Or both..?

Screenshot_20181011-162626_Facebook.jpg

16 hours ago, roxii said:

Dad qualified, son bought the ventum 

Lol that is just all the wrong way around 😂

Old man finds physical strength to Kona Qualify, Young Son finds deep pockets :P

Totally cool father son venture though. I hope they have a great race! 

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 1

Looking at his bike dad's not sort of a dollar either!  I wonder if he gets an entry for next year rather than this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazaau said:

Old man finds physical strength to Kona Qualify, Young Son finds deep pockets :P

The young son found dads deep pockets I reckon... 

• Like 3

On 21/09/2018 at 3:06 PM, Infinit Jase said:

I thought it was Diaa Nour (Leanda Cave's husband) and Jimmy Seear.  I have met Diaa a few times and he seems like a nice guy.

Yes, Jimmy is definitely one of them.

10 minutes ago, willie said:

The young son found dads deep pockets I reckon... 

It is what young sons are good at so I'd say so! ;)

Do you get a spot in the UCI worlds if you buy a road bike?

• Haha 1

Probably not a real serious attempt at gaining market share but more so that their sponsored pro’s have a roadie to get around on. 

19 minutes ago, Turts said:

They look.......... normal

They have to adhere to UCI regulations (double diamond frame, 3:1 tube ratio etc, etc) if they are to get any slice of the road race market.  Hence the "normal" look.  

• Thanks 1

They look OK to me. 

What's the final price though? 2k deposit ffs?? 

Time will tell with the whole Ventum thing...So far all I see it a whole bunch of marketing hype.  I hope they have some serious capital behind them.  Oh, and BTW, non down tube frames are nothing new to the Triathlon scene.  Is the Ventum the Slingshot of 2018?  When this beast came on the market back in the day everyone said it was the future....a couple of years later Rebel Sport were hawking them off for basically nothing.   

1990-Slingshot-Triathlon.jpg

Edited by Schnapper Head
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Schnapper Head said:

Time will tell with the whole Ventum thing...So far all I see it a whole bunch of marketing hype.  I hope they have some serious capital behind them.  Oh, and BTW, non down tube frames are nothing new to the Triathlon scene.  Is the Ventum the Slingshot of 2018?  When this beast came on the market back in the day everyone said it was the future....a couple of years later Rebel Sport were hawking them off for basically nothing.   

1990-Slingshot-Triathlon.jpg

Looks like you can still buy them: 

https://slingshot.myshopify.com/products/2011-ripper-complete-build