bortho

Cairns 2018

Looks shit...... ;)

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, AP said:

I haven't bothered reading previous pages to find out what has been said 

But just arrived back from Cairns and have to say it was the most exciting race to watch for a few years - top class field racing courageously - the pace they were running in the first loop was unbelievable 

Rinny chased hard and it looked like around 30km she decided she wasn't going to close the gap - I was taking splits each time they passed and she got withing 4min 30sec 

The wind was pretty strong on the way back to Cairns - the flags were flying straight out pointing to Port Douglas 

I still have the power from the AP high 5 on the marathon radiating through my body. I was untouchable in Jail yesterday. I am heading back again for another go today...😉

• Like 1

So..... other days you are touched? 🤔

Edited by Rocket Salad
  • Like 1

Whoever that was running in the vapour fly at about 3.30 in this video needs a different shoe. Looks all kinds of wrong! 

Still not sure what the fascination is with the whole slo mo videos now 

5 minutes ago, willie said:

Whoever that was running in the vapour fly at about 3.30 in this video needs a different shoe. Looks all kinds of wrong! 

Look at the foot landing position of the lady in  the picture of the video! There's hope for us flat footed folk yet!

8 hours ago, willie said:

That is terenzo bozzone.  Shoe i doubt the issue here.  I would say fatigue is cause from hips

8 hours ago, monkie said:

Look at the foot landing position of the lady in  the picture of the video! There's hope for us flat footed folk yet!

Terenzo Bozzone is that woman

8 hours ago, monkie said:

10 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Terenzo Bozzone is that woman

I don't think so.....

Screenshot_20180617-080631_Chrome.jpg

30 minutes ago, Turts said:

I don't think so.....

Screenshot_20180617-080631_Chrome.jpg

That's Carfrae.  I am not sure what monkie  is on about flat foot.  She is in hokas.  She doesn't have flat feet.  And what is the issue with the landing?  Close to hips, slight supination which is what you want (absorb impact mechanism)

1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

That's Carfrae.  I am not sure what monkie  is on about flat foot.  She is in hokas.  She doesn't have flat feet.  And what is the issue with the landing?  Close to hips, slight supination which is what you want (absorb impact mechanism)

Flat foot is probably the wrong word. I meant "wonky foot" as to me that supination looks pretty extreme. But I'm not going to argue with yourself about running gait and shall happily admit you know a lot more about it than me :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

I'm sure anyone on this forum could do well to imitate Carfrae's run technique - that pic is a split second in time - a milisecond later her foot was contacting the ground right under her hips - gently with very little downward pressure and at a fast turnover rate

She's been a great runner since she was a teenager - in 98-99 I was coaching Josie Loane who went on to win the Aust junior champs - she was in the QAS development squad with Luke McKenzie and Mirinda Carfrae  - at the time Mirinda was not figuring in the finish of the OD races because she wasn't a fast enough swimmer - but she was the best runner in the QAS squad 😎

• Thanks 1

Watch her when in motion and Rinni is just a gorgeous runner - one of the most beautiful techniques in triathlon.  Looks effortless.

• Like 3

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 5:59 AM, Chuckie M said:

I still have the power from the AP high 5 on the marathon radiating through my body. I was untouchable in Jail yesterday. I am heading back again for another go today...😉

I am trying a different approach to my management style. For too long due to my personal situation I have been going to work angry as hell and incredibly frustrated. I will admit that I have been and a stand over man and  a bully for too long. I feel after 19 years in the system PTSD is finally catching up with me. I should probably transfer this one over to the Mental health thread?😕

Edited by Chuckie M
  • Sad 1