bortho

Cairns 2018

Just read through the IG postings and it seems there is some bad blood there for some reason. Nothing positive came of that exchange at all - no-one will be convinced that the other is right. 

She has served her ban and is getting on with it. Great run split. End of.

Luke gets somewhat aggressive in response to people at times on social media, another example this arvo in response to shirtless Steve, I reckon as a business man building his business in a very public arena / sport he could be a bit more professional at times as it’s not a good look for the face of Wyn republic to respond like this.  There’s always Going to be trolls, be a bigger man and move on Luke.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Luke gets somewhat aggressive in response to people at times on social media, another example this arvo in response to shirtless Steve, I reckon as a business man building his business in a very public arena / sport he could be a bit more professional at times as it’s not a good look for the face of Wyn republic to respond like this.  There’s always Going to be trolls, be a bigger man and move on Luke.

Wheres all this good stuff?

That was the first thing that I thought of - met them both in Kona a couple of years ago and they were a lovely couple. Can take years to build a brand image and 5 seconds to destroy it!

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

I preferred Luke’s first wife. 

Ouch........ and who was that.

40 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I liked his response "zero fns given" good on him for standing up for his wife. Reading her posts she still believes she will be cleared. 

Didn't rocket salad catch up with her for a coffee & chat? 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I guess this is why people shouldn't be ****wits.  If someone had a crack at my mrs I would have a crack back.  I'd be aggressive too.  Why shouldn't he be allowed to do the same?  He's just another bloke with a mrs and young kids.

No one knows what's happening in people's lives or what battles they are going through.  Sure you put yourself out there you're going to get a few trolls but this one had the feel that it was a bit more personal.

4 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

I guess this is why people shouldn't be ****wits.  If someone had a crack at my mrs I would have a crack back.  I'd be aggressive too.  Why shouldn't he be allowed to do the same?  He's just another bloke with a mrs and young kids.

No one knows what's happening in people's lives or what battles they are going through.  Sure you put yourself out there you're going to get a few trolls but this one had the feel that it was a bit more personal.

Fair enough, but if I were building a business, I’d be more responsible in my posts.  I preferred Beth response to Steve, far more measured and professional.  Defend your mrs to the hills, I would too absolutely, but when I’ve got a budding business I’m building I wouldn’t respond with zero f#*ks given, I actually didnt think Steve’s comment was bad but he’s entitled to his opinion, as are we all.  

Out of interest I hope Beth can prove her innoncense but at this point she hasn’t been able to, I wanna see shirtless Steve’s apology.

30 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Fair enough, but if I were building a business, I’d be more responsible in my posts.  I preferred Beth response to Steve, far more measured and professional.  Defend your mrs to the hills, I would too absolutely, but when I’ve got a budding business I’m building I wouldn’t respond with zero f#*ks given, I actually didnt think Steve’s comment was bad but he’s entitled to his opinion, as are we all.  

Out of interest I hope Beth can prove her innoncense but at this point she hasn’t been able to, I wanna see shirtless Steve’s apology.

As I said, reading between the lines and the follow up msgs ir definitely seemed a bit more personal.  

Re the business.  Sticking up for your Mrs that's a plus from me, I can relate.  But I already wear their kit, have also met them both and cant speak highly enough for how nice I found them.

I reckon there’s something more too mate from the messages  but I don’t know any of them so really have zero idea, from the media I’ve seen of them, yeah for sure I reckon they sound wonderfull people to.  I’ve just got my serious hat on I guess, and if I were in Luke’s shoes I would have responded differently considering I have a business I’m trying to build in a very public arena.  Beth response was spot on I reckon

4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Didn't rocket salad catch up with her for a coffee & chat? 

Yep. Got a bit of Sun burn that day. Didn't find out anything that's not already publicly known.

Edit. There was no coffee.

Edited by Rocket Salad

11 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Just read through the IG postings and it seems there is some bad blood there for some reason. Nothing positive came of that exchange at all - no-one will be convinced that the other is right. 

She has served her ban and is getting on with it. Great run split. End of.

It’s not end off for people we don’t like. Lance. Sharapova. Weiss

That noshirtsteve Guy is giving someone grief for cheating..... the same guy got disqualified At Hervey Bay 100 a couple of years back for wearing floatie shorts under his swimskin and tying to hide them at t1......... certain types of people let this junk bother them, others deal with their own square meter. 

13 hours ago, KieranR said:

Totally agree with you Kieran. It seems pretty immature and unprofessional. I'd always stick up for friends and family, but it can be done in a dignified manner as demonstrated by Beth.

If they don't want adverse attention then they shouldn't be on social media and should be keeping a low profile. At the end of the day she's a professional athlete that got busted for doping and yes she's served her ban, but she's never admitted to it. Plus she keeps on bringing it up.  And also her attitude is a bit sh!t so it's easy to be less sympathetic. She was merciless towards fellow competitors who got busted for doping, now she not only demands support, but also the benefit of the doubt. She needs to stop playing the victim and move on, stop mentioning her ban. She got a 2 year hiatus from the sport, that's it. No big deal. She's back, let it go. If she mentions it, we will continue to discuss and speculate. 

4 minutes ago, clintred said:

That noshirtsteve Guy is giving someone grief for cheating..... the same guy got disqualified At Hervey Bay 100 a couple of years back for wearing floatie shorts under his swimskin and tying to hide them at t1......... certain types of people let this junk bother them, others deal with their own square meter. 

I was there for that race, and know the TO that busted him for it.  If I remember correctly he was informed before the start, and kept them on assuming the TO wouldn't notice any further, but fortunately the TO was clued up to him.  I'm sure he was telling me about it afterwards up at the presentation.  Glass houses and all!  Now we just need someone from WA to chime in :)

Might derail this thread a tad, but i have never been able to understand the mind set of people on social media trolling, bagging, disrespecting, call it what you will things they should not follow.  Like people who follow sporting teams that are their favourite and just bag out their supporters etc, makes no sense to me, i think this bloke should just hit the unfollow button and move on.

I was a huge LA fan, father passed away from cancer when i was young and actively followed and supported him and his charity, since he was outed on drugs, i simply stop following the man. thought he was a fraud/lier, i didn't feel the need to troll and i have never felt that need.  I just dont undertsand it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pencil_Towel said:

Might derail this thread a tad, but i have never been able to understand the mind set of people on social media trolling, bagging, disrespecting, call it what you will things they should not follow.  Like people who follow sporting teams that are their favourite and just bag out their supporters etc, makes no sense to me, i think this bloke should just hit the unfollow button and move on.

I was a huge LA fan, father passed away from cancer when i was young and actively followed and supported him and his charity, since he was outed on drugs, i simply stop following the man. thought he was a fraud/lier, i didn't feel the need to troll and i have never felt that need.  I just dont undertsand it.

i read your first paragraph and immediately thought about what you said i the second... While listening to LA's podcast during the tour last year I checked out his instagram account a few times and some of the crap being posted every day by the same people about him being a cheating lying bully etc..

photo of him watching his son play football- a" I wonder if he is a juicing cheater too"

riding bikes with his daughters- "I hope they only learnt to ride form their father and not to be a cheating lying scumbag"

etc..

Get a life people... 

I must be reading a different post to you guys, Ill stop posting now as we're just going round in circles.

Just now, RunBrettRun said:

I must be reading a different post to you guys, Ill stop posting now as we're just going round in circles.

ha ha yeah OK.

So how about those Sea Eagles hey? Great game!