Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Ironman Cairns is going to be amazing (men)

Recommended Posts

Fark me this is an amazing field. 

Terenzo Is my pick for the win. 

Im thinking he can win Kona too. But let’s see cairns first. 

EDC672FC-9ECB-477E-8E97-7646EDEB110B.jpeg

C888C569-47DE-40B2-84F2-B5DA9C5C62EC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah can’t wait to follow this race! Stacked field! Hopefully all firing on max attack!

torenzo has to be the favourite doesn’t he with his form in the last 18 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KieranR said:

Yeah can’t wait to follow this race! Stacked field! Hopefully all firing on max attack!

torenzo has to be the favourite doesn’t he with his form in the last 18 months

He is really working on his Kona this year. Been there for a month training. His strava on the bike course is Sanders speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Peter said:

He is really working on his Kona this year. Been there for a month training. His strava on the bike course is Sanders speed. 

Yep been following his Kona stuff closely, be interested to see how plese goes, I reckon he’s a good young talent coming through,   What do you think Wurf will be like at Cairns again? He couldn’t stick with josh last year and he’s racing Lanzarote today isn’t he

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he ever done a full IM before?  I would guess that is why he isn't listed as fav.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077

Gomez by a nose over Terrenzo then TOtri 

 

Berkel to win the skinny jeans stakes. 

Edited by FFF1077
Details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rocket Salad said:

Wouldn't Gomez be the favorite or is he injured or something?

Yeah youd think but he in theory should be solo all day. Thats gotta be hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The new guy said:

Bloody hell thats strong.

Dies anyone know if it's being live steamed like Kona and South Africa??

Probably no live stream but don't worry mate, we will get a 1hr highlight special 5 months after the race with 30minutes of various human interest stories and the remaining time filled with slow mo-s of athletes riding and running

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on track with the thread, agreed it's a great field. I think we need to enjoy them while they last at we might not see these fields again (outside Kona) with the change to Kona qualification system next season

Edited by Waza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2018 at 7:25 PM, KieranR said:

Yep been following his Kona stuff closely, be interested to see how plese goes, I reckon he’s a good young talent coming through,   What do you think Wurf will be like at Cairns again? He couldn’t stick with josh last year and he’s racing Lanzarote today isn’t he

Raced and won Challenge Salou, half distance today, not Lanzarote. He did a 3.45, but have no idea what the course is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What odds that the course record will get destroyed next weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Is it short?

Only if the usual Queenslanders cut corners like they usually do. 

Then again the usual offender did port Mac so , I don’t think it’s short 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has to be the best field to race in Australia since early 2000's when there were big olympic distance races and only a few ironman races around the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the women?  Sarah Crowley Vs Mirinda Carfrae, that could be a pretty awesome race is Carfrae has her running legs back.

 

Ps sorry for derailing the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RunBrettRun said:

What about the women?  Sarah Crowley Vs Mirinda Carfrae, that could be a pretty awesome race is Carfrae has her running legs back.

 

Ps sorry for derailing the thread.

Not derailing at all. It is good to see you bring some gender equity into the thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pieman said:

Not derailing at all. It is good to see you bring some gender equity into the thread!

That's what I'm about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

What about the women?  Sarah Crowley Vs Mirinda Carfrae, that could be a pretty awesome race is Carfrae has her running legs back.

 

Ps sorry for derailing the thread.

 

9 minutes ago, pieman said:

Not derailing at all. It is good to see you bring some gender equity into the thread!

Just start a thread aboutthe womens race. 

It is going to be nothing like the mens race. 

Crowley first. Daylight second. Will be bloody boring. 

I thoughtthe subject with (men) was pretty clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter said:

 

Just start a thread aboutthe womens race. 

It is going to be nothing like the mens race. 

Crowley first. Daylight second. Will be bloody boring. 

I thoughtthe subject with (men) was pretty clear. 

No need to get moody..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter said:

 

Just start a thread aboutthe womens race. 

It is going to be nothing like the mens race. 

Crowley first. Daylight second. Will be bloody boring. 

I thoughtthe subject with (men) was pretty clear. 

you're all the same.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ruley said:

This has to be the best field to race in Australia since early 2000's when there were big olympic distance races and only a few ironman races around the world.

Th3 first Ironman Frankston back in 2012 was pretty stacked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kiwinoz said:

Braden Currie is a darkhorse too.

Better than dark horse,

I'd put him after Gomez and bozone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can only hope but don't bank on it. Texas also a regional champs was not covered live just dodgy web cam coverage. Happy to be proven wrong though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FFF1077
11 hours ago, Kiwinoz said:

Braden Currie is a darkhorse too.

Where will he put his chaff during the bike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...