Paul Every

Perth. Racing, training, etc?

50 minutes ago, chris said:

Paul hope you like the 28c today sorry but the rain is here now

I'm actually enjoying the rain this evening, though I'm not sure that I'll be so enamored with it in the morning.

I'm spending my final night in a hostel in Freo this evening, before moving into my unit tomorrow morning. Fortunately the car is already packed, though unpacking in the rain won't be ideal.

On 23/05/2018 at 10:43 PM, pieman said:

Interested to know what work you're doing with that sort of roster and commute?

Yes, Perth Zoo as IronmanFoz said. Reptile Keeper.

Zoo rosters can often be unusual permutations to ensure consistent staffing levels throughout the week and share the weekend duties equitably between keepers.

Following my weekend off, I work 4 days, have Friday off, work 3 days, Tuesday off, then work 3 days to complete the fortnight.

After looking at numerous rental units, the one I preferred was conveniently just across the road from work. Wouldn't want to be any closer as I'm pretty sure I'll be able to safely hang out my washing without fear that the orangs will hurl their faeces at it.

Edited by Paul Every
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I am going to guess he has a new gig at the Perth Zoo.

Paul, Forget the open swimming - they will be cancelled. LOL

All the best over there. Was always good to see a familiar face at Manly for the Bold & Beautiful swim.

Thanks, Andrew.

I'll be making fairly regular trips back home and hope to squeeze in the odd B&B swim while I'm there.

May even be at Port next year too. ;)

On 24/05/2018 at 6:25 AM, KieranR said:

i didn't know you could get all the way to mandurah form the narrows on the path, Does it just hug the kwinana freeway all the way down?

It does hug the freeway. There are two sections, <100m, where you are on the road and there is only one road crossing, the rest are tunnels. You can also do a ~40km loop on a good bike path on Roe Highway to add km to the ride.

The bike path ends at Pinjara Road. This is a link to a training ride of 180km that I did on the path a couple of years ago. It is flat and very boring - great mental training for Busso.  :).

https://www.strava.com/activities/758898660

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

It does hug the freeway. There are two sections, <100m, where you are on the road and there is only one road crossing, the rest are tunnels. You can also do a ~40km loop on a good bike path on Roe Highway to add km to the ride.

The bike path ends at Pinjara Road. This is a link to a training ride of 180km that I did on the path a couple of years ago. It is flat and very boring - great mental training for Busso.  :).

https://www.strava.com/activities/758898660

Excellent thanks, im doing Busso this year so sounds perfect, and I might be coming back down soon as my young fella needs more treatment for his allergies so may be able to get a training ride in

• Like 1

On 24/05/2018 at 10:35 PM, Paul Every said:

Say hi if you see a dude in his 50s with a beard and long hair.

A couple of pics to aid in the identification of Paul if required........ 

PE02.jpg

PE01.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 25/05/2018 at 9:42 AM, KieranR said:

Excellent thanks, im doing Busso this year so sounds perfect, and I might be coming back down soon as my young fella needs more treatment for his allergies so may be able to get a training ride in

Just keep your wits about you mate. There's some knobs who fly along there in the twisty bit and cross onto the wrong side of the path to follow a more "racing" line. ****ing wankers. There was a Perth Triathlete who was involved in a head on. 

I have also had a close call on the straight and open section just before you reach the Mandurah turn off..... With a guy who was....wait for it.... Staring at his Garmin and drifting into oncoming riders.... 

People need to learn that the Garmin is like looking at a solar eclipse. You take a glance at it....you don't stare at it* 😂😂😂

*material adapted from Seinfeld. 

On 26/05/2018 at 12:05 PM, Katz said:

A couple of pics to aid in the identification of Paul if required........

Thanks, Katz........thanks a f*cking lot.......:shy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Flanman said:

So Paul, are you baching over in WA ?

FM

Yes, Flannie.

That's the only bit I'm not enjoying about being here.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Thanks, Katz........thanks a f*cking lot.......:shy:

Come on Paul, that was a great day for a great cause. :D

If only I could find the video I took of you skipping down the chute.........lol

• Like 1