Sign in to follow this  
IronmanFoz

Fastest Ironman branded race

Which is the fastest Ironman branded race on the circuit?

aAnd is thee anywhere you can go to compare the profiles of different races for both bike and run?

Busso. 

Kalmar 

Arizona 

austria 

land the Spain race. 

Top 5 fast ironman races. 

Few others close 

Excellent. Will check out the two links.

was looking for mostly the race that has the fastest bike - non drafting unlike Texas :)

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Excellent. Will check out the two links.

was looking for mostly the race that has the fastest bike - non drafting unlike Texas :)

fastest/non drafting......... for it to be non-drafting u will need something with hills in it. So it won't be fast.

33 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

fastest/non drafting......... for it to be non-drafting u will need something with hills in it. So it won't be fast.

Not necessarily.... I rode 05:04 at Busso......and did not draft at all. Got swamp by pack or two which I let go.......

Not saying there wasn't drafting as I did see heaps..... even one guy rode up to me and said how about that guy up ahead who just passed you..... I said what of it........ He replied that guys has been sitting on your wheel for the last 5k or so.

Am looking for a similar course but smooth.... I hate our rough roads. So draining.

Arizona is the course for you. The swim is slower than Busso. It’s fresh water. The run is mostly flat but has a couple of small rollers. It’s not as easy as Busso but the bike is fast & smooth. 

Only problem with Arizona is it’s hard to get an entry spot. People fly there to volunteer so they can get priority entry. People finish, shower, then line up to enter for the next year. Or u can just pay the $10k entry fee.

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Am looking for a similar course but smooth.... I hate our rough roads. So draining.

Are you taking the piss out of me?😁

26 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Are you taking the piss out of me?😁

Not at all Dave.

Our roads really are crap. I even bought new arm pads for my aerobars this year...and they were heaven.

12 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

If you get NZ on the right day it's super fast.

He wants smooth roads!

NZ chip seal is something to be believed

I don't think using the overall finish times or fastest times is the best way of picking the fastest course.

Championship races with a bigger prize purse & more Kona spots will attract the A level pro's. The time of the year will also influence who races the event.

A few races seem to attract more first timers. I think it was Ironman Arizona that attracts a lot of first timers. This will affect the avg finish time etc.

Busselton is an early season race for Australians but a late season race for US based athletes. It also only attracts a B grade pro's.

Also several races are only for the age groupers.

If you are looking for a fast race with smooth roads. You need to look at what events will suit your strengths. I'm not a great swimmer so non-wetsuit fresh water swims like Texas hurt my overall time.

I like the rolling climbs of a course like Cairns and prefer a flat fun. Others are different so pick a course that will play to your strengths. 

• Thanks 1

Has someone sensible got hold of your password?

Making valid points of late.

6 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

It’s all the CrossFit I have been doing latelet. 

See, it cures anything.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

See, it cures anything.

These handstand push ups are going to get me a sub11 Ironman.(that & seeing my shrink 3 times a week) #70%mental #blessed

8 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

He wants smooth roads!

NZ chip seal is something to be believed

Maybe I rode a different course.  That road was smooth as butter.   Not hot mix but not in the region of rough.

39 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Maybe I rode a different course.  That road was smooth as butter.   Not hot mix but not in the region of rough.

Says the guy that ride port Mac daily 

45 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Says the guy that ride port Mac daily 

I didn't think the Taupo ride course was rough at all - but im the guy who rides on the Pilbara roads..

42 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I didn't think the Taupo ride course was rough at all - but im the guy who rides on the Pilbara roads..

I survived a few nights in Port Hedland, driving on those roads was scary enough.

Did Taupo in 2000. Course road...... but not rough like Port.... Smooth as butter...... I can only wish..... Have they changed?