2bruisedplums

Best AG IM coaches - QLD or Online

22 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I have a mate like this in Somerset. He cannot ride 96kms, has be 100, same with this his running.  I couldn't give a toss what the number is at the end, I just try and put the effort in for what ever the ride/run is, or just time.  I have some very 'strange' Zwift sessions in this regard. :whistling:

zwift has been good for me. The races are what they are, the distances don't mean much other than that is the race, but as there is no wind and no road resistance the number has less meaning.

The races though take all focus away from the power meter and just go as hard as I can for as long. Then at the end normally quite happy with the numbers even if the race distances are not nice round numbers.

I am stuck in zwift B grade, so every race is a suffer fest, as a result by focussing on the process of riding with the back of A for as long as I can, the numbers are pretty good. When I train solo, focus on the number not the process, sounds like there is an answer in there.

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Training Peaks was the worst for the anxiety. if my session said x hours or minutes I would fixate on a distance I should have done, even though it was written as a time to avoid it.

I would go back out on the trainer later on or ride longer if I had done 90 k to get it to a 100. I also could not accept running 5.7 k it has to 6. This indicates something is not quite right.

Power was actually the worst. On the long rides especially would chase my watts. If losing them on longer down hills homes or red lights, I would skulk for the rest of the day about not averaging 200 watts.

Have to work out how to change this as it did wreck my enjoyment. Now just doing things I like to do

I'll give you the details of my hypnotherapist.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Training Peaks was the worst for the anxiety. if my session said x hours or minutes I would fixate on a distance I should have done, even though it was written as a time to avoid it.

I would go back out on the trainer later on or ride longer if I had done 90 k to get it to a 100. I also could not accept running 5.7 k it has to 6. This indicates something is not quite right.

Power was actually the worst. On the long rides especially would chase my watts. If losing them on longer down hills homes or red lights, I would skulk for the rest of the day about not averaging 200 watts.

Have to work out how to change this as it did wreck my enjoyment. Now just doing things I like to do

Focus on the process. Not only the outcome. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

zwift has been good for me. The races are what they are, the distances don't mean much other than that is the race, but as there is no wind and no road resistance the number has less meaning.

The races though take all focus away from the power meter and just go as hard as I can for as long. Then at the end normally quite happy with the numbers even if the race distances are not nice round numbers.

I am stuck in zwift B grade, so every race is a suffer fest, as a result by focussing on the process of riding with the back of A for as long as I can, the numbers are pretty good. When I train solo, focus on the number not the process, sounds like there is an answer in there.

B Grade is good.  I did a Hare and Hounds race last week, C grade but they wouldn't work together at all, so on the third lap I broke away with 12 kms to go and stayed away, managed to reign in 3 B grade stragglers by the end.  Zwift gave me an increased FTP score, which was higher than my FTP test :lol:

• Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 5:09 PM, AP said:

I feel the worst thing an athlete can do is be constantly searching for something new, something outside of the program he/she's on - the ones who are always looking up some new "secret" on the internet are undermining their progress by not trusting the coach - if you don't trust the coach, move on your wasting his time and your own - if you're going to be coached - find one you believe in and stick with him/her for a minimum of six months - any less and you won't be getting the benefit of the program

I often get better results from an athlete in their second season once I have learned more about them - the more a coach gets to know you through communication and feedback - the better he'she can shape the work or the race strategies to 

MJK has said it before. 

No secrets. Just hard consistent work. No silver bullets or latest fads etc etc etc 

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

Found that it can be s challenge to get zwifters to work together

It was really quite stark, given the objective is to stay away from the chasing Grade. Then I realised that I bet a lot of people racing on Zwif have never raced. It makes a difference!

• Like 1

Once I get back to oz I am going to c as my fitness will have been hit by 3 weeks in uk. C will be more fun as I should not be redlined from the start

2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Once I get back to oz I am going to c as my fitness will have been hit by 3 weeks in uk. C will be more fun as I should not be redlined from the start

Those holiday pasties can be a killer 😎

2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Scotland 

Nip across the border, the beer is cheaper these days :)

That surprised me though I am in tourist central. Edinburgh old town. Nipped over bridge to Home though everything is cheap there as no one has any money

20 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

That surprised me though I am in tourist central. Edinburgh old town. Nipped over bridge to Home though everything is cheap there as no one has any money

I'm in sunny Dundee!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

MJK has said it before. 

No secrets. Just hard consistent work. No silver bullets or latest fads etc etc etc 

Hold on a minute.

There's no "art" to that. 

Just sounds too simple.

What...JFT ???

Then where would all that snake oil go???😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Customer said:

I'm in sunny Dundee!

The sun is out. I’m doing Kirkcaldy Park run on Saturday 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Holiday?

Nobody goes to Dundee for a holiday:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Hold on a minute.

There's no "art" to that. 

Just sounds too simple.

What...JFT ???

Then where would all that snake oil go???😃

Yeah 

I was really really genuinely surprised and excited about his approach. His passion for it is infectious. But in my opinion to do as he asks you HAVE to remove your ego and do what he says. No point in throwing in extra crap trying to keep up with the Joneses. But that'd apply to any coach worth the money 

• Like 1

Just now, FatPom said:

Nobody goes to Dundee for a holiday:lol:

Shhhh 

Her pics are awesome 😎👌

This thread has really covered some ground... anatomy, psychology, travel/tourism and even mentioned a coach or 2....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3