Jump to content
2bruisedplums

Best AG IM coaches - QLD or Online

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I have a mate like this in Somerset. He cannot ride 96kms, has be 100, same with this his running.  I couldn't give a toss what the number is at the end, I just try and put the effort in for what ever the ride/run is, or just time.  I have some very 'strange' Zwift sessions in this regard. :whistling:

zwift has been good for me. The races are what they are, the distances don't mean much other than that is the race, but as there is no wind and no road resistance the number has less meaning.

The races though take all focus away from the power meter and just go as hard as I can for as long. Then at the end normally quite happy with the numbers even if the race distances are not nice round numbers.

I am stuck in zwift B grade, so every race is a suffer fest, as a result by focussing on the process of riding with the back of A for as long as I can, the numbers are pretty good. When I train solo, focus on the number not the process, sounds like there is an answer in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

 Training Peaks was the worst for the anxiety. if my session said x hours or minutes I would fixate on a distance I should have done, even though it was written as a time to avoid it.

I would go back out on the trainer later on or ride longer if I had done 90 k to get it to a 100. I also could not accept running 5.7 k it has to 6. This indicates something is not quite right.

Power was actually the worst. On the long rides especially would chase my watts. If losing them on longer down hills homes or red lights, I would skulk for the rest of the day about not averaging 200 watts.

Have to work out how to change this as it did wreck my enjoyment. Now just doing things I like to do

I'll give you the details of my hypnotherapist.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

 Training Peaks was the worst for the anxiety. if my session said x hours or minutes I would fixate on a distance I should have done, even though it was written as a time to avoid it.

I would go back out on the trainer later on or ride longer if I had done 90 k to get it to a 100. I also could not accept running 5.7 k it has to 6. This indicates something is not quite right.

Power was actually the worst. On the long rides especially would chase my watts. If losing them on longer down hills homes or red lights, I would skulk for the rest of the day about not averaging 200 watts.

Have to work out how to change this as it did wreck my enjoyment. Now just doing things I like to do

Focus on the process. Not only the outcome. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

zwift has been good for me. The races are what they are, the distances don't mean much other than that is the race, but as there is no wind and no road resistance the number has less meaning.

The races though take all focus away from the power meter and just go as hard as I can for as long. Then at the end normally quite happy with the numbers even if the race distances are not nice round numbers.

I am stuck in zwift B grade, so every race is a suffer fest, as a result by focussing on the process of riding with the back of A for as long as I can, the numbers are pretty good. When I train solo, focus on the number not the process, sounds like there is an answer in there.

B Grade is good.  I did a Hare and Hounds race last week, C grade but they wouldn't work together at all, so on the third lap I broke away with 12 kms to go and stayed away, managed to reign in 3 B grade stragglers by the end.  Zwift gave me an increased FTP score, which was higher than my FTP test :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2018 at 5:09 PM, AP said:

I feel the worst thing an athlete can do is be constantly searching for something new, something outside of the program he/she's on - the ones who are always looking up some new "secret" on the internet are undermining their progress by not trusting the coach - if you don't trust the coach, move on your wasting his time and your own - if you're going to be coached - find one you believe in and stick with him/her for a minimum of six months - any less and you won't be getting the benefit of the program

I often get better results from an athlete in their second season once I have learned more about them - the more a coach gets to know you through communication and feedback - the better he'she can shape the work or the race strategies to 

MJK has said it before. 

No secrets. Just hard consistent work. No silver bullets or latest fads etc etc etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

Found that it can be s challenge to get zwifters to work together

It was really quite stark, given the objective is to stay away from the chasing Grade. Then I realised that I bet a lot of people racing on Zwif have never raced. It makes a difference!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once I get back to oz I am going to c as my fitness will have been hit by 3 weeks in uk. C will be more fun as I should not be redlined from the start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Once I get back to oz I am going to c as my fitness will have been hit by 3 weeks in uk. C will be more fun as I should not be redlined from the start

Those holiday pasties can be a killer 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Scotland 

Nip across the border, the beer is cheaper these days :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That surprised me though I am in tourist central. Edinburgh old town. Nipped over bridge to Home though everything is cheap there as no one has any money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

That surprised me though I am in tourist central. Edinburgh old town. Nipped over bridge to Home though everything is cheap there as no one has any money

I'm in sunny Dundee!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

MJK has said it before. 

No secrets. Just hard consistent work. No silver bullets or latest fads etc etc etc 

Hold on a minute.

There's no "art" to that. 

Just sounds too simple.

What...JFT ???

Then where would all that snake oil go???😃

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Customer said:

I'm in sunny Dundee!

 

The sun is out. I’m doing Kirkcaldy Park run on Saturday 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Customer said:

I'm in sunny Dundee!

 

Holiday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Holiday?

Nobody goes to Dundee for a holiday:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Hold on a minute.

There's no "art" to that. 

Just sounds too simple.

What...JFT ???

Then where would all that snake oil go???😃

Yeah 

I was really really genuinely surprised and excited about his approach. His passion for it is infectious. But in my opinion to do as he asks you HAVE to remove your ego and do what he says. No point in throwing in extra crap trying to keep up with the Joneses. But that'd apply to any coach worth the money 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FatPom said:

Nobody goes to Dundee for a holiday:lol:

Shhhh 

 

Her pics are awesome 😎👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has really covered some ground... anatomy, psychology, travel/tourism and even mentioned a coach or 2....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pieman said:

This thread has really covered some ground... anatomy, psychology, travel/tourism and even mentioned a coach or 2....

A derailed thread is considered a successful day on this site. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peter said:

A derailed thread is considered a successful day on this site. 

I didnt say it was derailed... just has something for everyone... the thread that keeps on giving...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peter said:

A derailed thread is considered a successful day on this site. 

I blame Donald Trump. Discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zed said:

I blame Donald Trump. Discuss.

I think you mean Rosanne Barr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Customer said:

Crail, St Andrews and Pittenweem!

You are in the nice bits. I'm off to Kelty and then Burntisland for the weekend. Which is actually quite nice and there is a fair this Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pieman said:

This thread has really covered some ground... anatomy, psychology, travel/tourism and even mentioned a coach or 2....

Life is like a box of chocolates:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/05/2018 at 7:28 PM, BarryBevan said:

Found that it can be s challenge to get zwifters to work together

Do you get a draft in Zwift?  If not, what use is it for triathlon training??????

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, goughy said:

Do you get a draft in Zwift?  If not, what use is it for triathlon training??????

People using road bikes get a draft but I only ever use a TT bike with 808s, so I get no draft benefit (but folks can draft me).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No chance I’d click on that. I don’t need one of your porn viruses. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peter said:

No chance I’d click on that. I don’t need one of your porn viruses. 

You mean I got it from AP? 

 

Geez... That nightclub was dark.... 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

You mean I got it from AP? 

 

Geez... That nightclub was dark.... 😮

As if AP is awake after 7pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what they say, early to bed, early to ride!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

As if AP is awake after 7pm. 

Neither of us are 😂😂😂😂😂

 

#postielife 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Customer said:

Angus! Spittle is Glenshee? Cairngorms?

Is that s question or have you gone native. Someplace in Dee side. The thought of a whole week with family was sending me spare so sharp exit and some running

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm riding from Dundee up the Eastern Cairngorms (Sat morning). Will be aiming to get passed Clova and return for 160-180km.

Back on topic - no online coach told me to do this 😉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Customer said:

I'm riding from Dundee up the Eastern Cairngorms (Sat morning). Will be aiming to get passed Clova and return for 160-180km.

Back on topic - no online coach told me to do this 😉

What roads are you riding there are not much in the way of shoulders on a lot though drivers are generally more considerate to bikes than in oz. edit self coached went 10 minutes slower at Im and 9 for a half im

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×