beginnergirl

USA Shootings #2

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think we may referring to two different situations

Since the conversation started about buying new running shoes online, I assumed your tilt referred to buying new guns online

Anyone in the business of selling guns online or anywhere else who isn't licensed is violating federal law

Glad to know secondhand guns can't kill people.

52 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Glad to know secondhand guns can't kill people.

I'm a bit weirded out to know that you buy second hand shoes...

...withdrawn

Edited by Rog

This is a very sad state of affairs when people that we disagree with with are actively encouraged to leave the site. 

10 minutes ago, FatPom said:

This is a very sad state of affairs when people that we disagree with with are actively encouraged to leave the site. 

Yeah, well, that's the 'tolerant' left for you...

43 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah, well, that's the 'tolerant' left for you...

I don't really see it as left or right. I'm pretty central, slightly right of the middle on some things and slightly left on others, depends what the subject is.

I just think back to what this site was like and what it has become and it just makes me a bit sad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I don't really see it as left or right. I'm pretty central, slightly right of the middle on some things and slightly left on others, depends what the subject is.

I just think back to what this site was like and what it has become and it just makes me a bit sad.

Left in terms of behaviour, not necessarily belief

Basically it's 'agree with me or shut up because you're hitler'

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Yes you are right, and I apologise and withdraw my comment. I’m sorry more!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rog said:

Yes you are right, and I apologise and withdraw my comment. I’m sorry more!

Good on ya Rog :)  I get that people disagree and I get that people have strongly held views but I hope we don't descend into the situation where folks who are gathered on a site for a politically unrelated topic  ( triathlon) can't still be decent to each other.

There are too many countries now (UK included) where the shouting and polarising from both sides gets very draining.

IMO, Monkie is a great example of how we can get our point across and still be decent to each other. I probably agree with about 25-30% of what he says but I don't vehemently disagree with him.  I'm looking forward to meeting him and doing some races together.  I'm sure we will have some 'interesting' conversations but conversations are indeed, what they will be. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For anyone interested, there’s a very interesting, balanced podcast on the Walmart decision, how it came about and how it could influence other businesses to get on board. 

https://overcast.fm/+LHycDckgY

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rog said:

For anyone interested, there’s a very interesting, balanced podcast on the Walmart decision, how it came about and how it could influence other businesses to get on board. 

https://overcast.fm/+LHycDckgY

Listened to that whilst I was packing my bag for an ultra tomorrow.  Very insightful Rog, thanks.

Looks like you were no wrong Ex 

“Gun violence in America is not inevitable; it’s preventable,” the business leaders wrote in the draft. “We need our lawmakers to support common-sense gun laws that could prevent tragedies like these.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/business/dealbook/gun-background-checks-business.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Edited by Rog

Someone the size of Wallmart can have an impact. There'll be a lot of people hoping the momentum doesn't just die from this.

39 minutes ago, Rog said:

Looks like you were no wrong Ex 

“Gun violence in America is not inevitable; it’s preventable,” the business leaders wrote in the draft. “We need our lawmakers to support common-sense gun laws that could prevent tragedies like these.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/business/dealbook/gun-background-checks-business.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Corporate virtue signalling aside, it appears that your and their idea of 'common sense gun laws' includes background checks on second hand sales and transfers 

Any ideas on how that's going to be enforced? 

12 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Corporate virtue signalling aside, it appears that your and their idea of 'common sense gun laws' includes background checks on second hand sales and transfers 

Any ideas on how that's going to be enforced? 

In Australia ALL gun sales - new and second hand - requires the use of a registered firearms dealer as a broker who is responsible for the paper work for the transfer.  This is pretty cool as there is government list of firearms, what they are and who owns them.  Thus the police know who owns every single registered firearm and where they are kept.  There are also laws on how you keep them (i.e. a safe bolted to the floor) So you can't simply obtain one, nor can you simply lose one. And of course, you can have them taken off you if your circumstances change.  This is all subject to audit and most people would be too shit-scared of the (serious) consequences of a breach.  And, best of all, a firearm can instantly be identified as illegal, or in the wrong hands with a simple check on serial number.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pete said:

In Australia ALL gun sales - new and second hand - requires the use of a registered firearms dealer as a broker who is responsible for the paper work for the transfer.  This is pretty cool as there is government list of firearms, what they are and who owns them.  Thus the police know who owns every single registered firearm and where they are kept.  There are also laws on how you keep them (i.e. a safe bolted to the floor) So you can't simply obtain one, nor can you simply lose one. And of course, you can have them taken off you if your circumstances change.  This is all subject to audit and most people would be too shit-scared of the (serious) consequences of a breach.  And, best of all, a firearm can instantly be identified as illegal, or in the wrong hands with a simple check on serial number.

Cool.  Couple of things though:

- Not at least acknowledging the existence of a black market is a bit naive 

- Does our registry include all of the guns which weren't handed back in 1996 (as I understand it at least half and as many as two thirds)?

- the US has over ten times our population, and more guns than people 

- the idea of a gun registry in the US would not be popular as it is contrary to the intended operation of their second amendment 

- since the majority of mass shootings can be linked back to failures of local law enforcement, I don't think the public would be happy to trust them to operate a gun registry 

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cool.  Couple of things though:

- Not at least acknowledging the existence of a black market is a bit naive 

- Does our registry include all of the guns which weren't handed back in 1996 (as I understand it at least half and as many as two thirds)?

- the US has over ten times our population, and more guns than people 

- the idea of a gun registry in the US would not be popular as it is contrary to the intended operation of their second amendment 

- since the majority of mass shootings can be linked back to failures of local law enforcement, I don't think the public would be happy to trust them to operate a gun registry 

Interesting stat on the number not handed back in the firearms amnesties (there has been more than one) - my personal experience would say that this is not the case but happy to be convince otherwise if you have a reliable source of info.

My personal take on the US is that Australians should worry about Australia and let Americans worry about the USA.  Australians gernally don't understand Americans (even though we think we do) their motivations or their history. In particular, their almost bazaar hatred and mistrust of State and Federal government.  Thus, whilst we (rightly) hold Australia up as having good, workable gun laws it is not necessarily a good model for the USA.  So I tend to agree with you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

-since the majority of mass shootings can be linked back to failures of local law enforcement, I don't think the public would be happy to trust them to operate a gun registry 

So of the 283 mass shootings this year (as of Sept 1st) the majority were due to local law enforcement failures?

Such as?

24 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Does anyone on this thread think that Martin Bryant was set up? :ninja:

They're out there Jimmy,

50 minutes ago, nealo said:

So of the 283 mass shootings this year (as of Sept 1st) the majority were due to local law enforcement failures?

Such as?

There have been nowhere near that many mass shootings this year.  You're referring to a stat which counts two injuries as a mass shooting

The recent shooter in Odessa for example raised a bunch of red flags and was barred from owning a gun due to mental health issues

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

Sadly I’ve see the post shooting video.  

There is zero doubt he did it all. 

Farked if I know how cops do their job. 

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

I've heard some weird conspiracy theories before, but that's a new one 

3 hours ago, The Customer said:

It's right out of the "we need guns to keep the government honest" playbook. I've heard it from sources that also quote Alan Jones as an expert on Environmental Science. They say it was done to give the Government the opportunity to take our guns off us.

14 hours ago, The Customer said:

Everyone's favourite senator thinks that it was a false flag operation.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/pauline-hanson-and-the-ooze-of-port-arthur-conspiracy-mania-20190328-p518js.html

11 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It's right out of the "we need guns to keep the government honest" playbook. I've heard it from sources that also quote Alan Jones as an expert on Environmental Science. They say it was done to give the Government the opportunity to take our guns off us.

That's right up there with 'Bush did 9/11 so he could invade Iraq and steal their oil'

On 13/09/2019 at 9:45 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It's funny you should say that - When I handed some guns in back in 1996 the constable at the police station receiving the guns told me that people shouldn't really be handing their guns back and how it was all just a ploy by the government to get guns out of the hands of the people... At the time I didn't know a anything about right wing nutters  and I didn't even understand what he was saying, I just thought he was a little weird.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

It's funny you should say that - When I handed some guns in back in 1996 the constable at the police station receiving the guns told me that people shouldn't really be handing their guns back and how it was all just a ploy by the government to get guns out of the hands of the people... At the time I didn't know a anything about right wing nutters  and I didn't even understand what he was saying, I just thought he was a little weird.

It's funny how nutty people are obsessed with guns. The scariest person I've met through my job got drummed out of both the cops and the ambos because of conspiracy theories and weird workplace accusations against supervisors/brass. He was the person we all voted as the next Martin Bryant. Used to save up for one week holidays to the states to go to gun shows or firearm factory tours and so forth.

Luckily he moved away from the area and I've never seen him in the media

Guns are the second leading cause of death for children in the U.S., with nearly 1,700 killed by gun homicides every year, according to Everytown for Gun Safety.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/year-boy-shot-dead-allegedly-year-sibling-mom/story?id=65638384&__twitter_impression=true

Lieutenant Governor, Republican and in Texas. Change is in the air... 

"Look, I'm a solid NRA guy," he said, "but not expanding the background check to eliminate the stranger to stranger sale makes no sense to me and ... most folks."

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/09/06/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says-he-will-defy-nra-take-lead-on-gun-background-checks/

Edited by Rog

On 13/09/2019 at 7:32 PM, IronJimbo said:

There have been nowhere near that many mass shootings this year.  You're referring to a stat which counts two injuries as a mass shooting

The recent shooter in Odessa for example raised a bunch of red flags and was barred from owning a gun due to mental health issues

No the article I read was "at least 4 people were shot excluding the shooter"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-shootings-2019-more-mass-shootings-than-days-so-far-this-year/

S where are you getting your information that it's law enforcement letting the people of the United States down?

On 13/09/2019 at 7:32 PM, IronJimbo said:

Feel free to count them

Incident Date State City Or County Address # Killed # Injured
September 16, 2019 Wyoming Cheyenne N/A 2 2
September 14, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 5200 block of Tennessee Ave 1 3
September 14, 2019 California Oakland 38th Ave and MacArthur Blvd 1 4
September 14, 2019 Georgia Lagrange 1400 block of Elm St 0 4
September 12, 2019 New Mexico Albuquerque 1919 Ladera Dr NW 1 3
September 12, 2019 New Mexico Albuquerque 1028 Lura Pl SW 4 2
September 10, 2019 Illinois Chicago 2200 block of W Maypole Ave 0 4
September 8, 2019 South Carolina Sumter 1083 Broad St 2 2
September 8, 2019 Louisiana Alexandria 2900 block of Cypress St 1 3
September 7, 2019 North Carolina Whiteville Brittney Lane 3 1
September 4, 2019 Florida Jacksonville 400 W 62nd St 0 4
September 4, 2019 Louisiana Marrero 3044 Sorbonne Dr 2 2
September 2, 2019 Alabama Elkmont 25019 Ridge Road 5 0
September 2, 2019 North Carolina Greensboro 5528 W Market St 2 2
September 2, 2019 Illinois Chicago 6200 block of S King Dr 0 4
September 1, 2019 Connecticut Hartford 80 Edgewood St 1 3
September 1, 2019 North Carolina Rocky Mount 521 Country Club Road 0 4
September 1, 2019 Alabama Valley 502 Boulevard 0 7
September 1, 2019 Ohio Toledo 3257 Stickney Ave 0 4
August 31, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 4600 block of 4th St 2 2
August 31, 2019 North Carolina Charlotte 10035 Dabney Dr 1 3
August 31, 2019 South Carolina Moncks Corner 336 Maplewood Rd 0 4
August 31, 2019 Texas Odessa 8250 TX-191 8 23
August 31, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 900 block of N Monroe St 0 4
August 31, 2019 Maryland Frederick 600 block of N Market St 0 4
August 31, 2019 Illinois Chicago 7100 block of S Paulina St 2 3
August 30, 2019 Alabama Mobile 1621 Virginia St 0 6
August 30, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 1600 block of E 29th St 1 3
August 29, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 2500 block of E Monument St 1 3
August 25, 2019 Illinois Chicago 8200 block of S Maryland Ave 1 3
August 25, 2019 New Mexico Hobbs 1700 block of East Bond St 3 4
August 24, 2019 Maryland Temple Hills (Camp Springs) 6200 block of Maxwell Dr 0 7
August 24, 2019 Massachusetts Lynn Warren Street 1 3
August 23, 2019 Texas Houston 4900 block of Southwind St 3 2
August 23, 2019 Georgia Dublin 200 Riverview Park Dr 0 4
August 23, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 1122 Union Blvd 1 3
August 22, 2019 South Carolina Columbia 851 Bush River Rd 2 2
August 22, 2019 California Los Angeles 300 block of West Fifth St 0 4
August 20, 2019 Georgia Atlanta 111 James P Brawley Dr SW 0 4
August 18, 2019 Missouri Kansas City 770 W 47th St 0 4
August 17, 2019 Texas Houston 12500 block of Mylla St 0 6
August 15, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 5800 block of N 15th St 0 5
August 15, 2019 Alabama Montgomery 847 N University Dr 2 3
August 14, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 3716 N 15th St 0 6
August 13, 2019 Washington Tacoma E 38th St and E Roosevelt Ave 2 3
August 12, 2019 Mississippi Greenwood 200 Young St 0 4
August 11, 2019 Illinois Chicago 3500 block of W Lake St 0 6
August 10, 2019 Virginia Richmond 6346 Midlothian Turnpike 0 4
August 10, 2019 California San Francisco 1100 Fillmore St 0 4
August 9, 2019 Illinois Chicago 7300 block of S Artesian Ave 0 4
August 7, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 4900 block of Plover Ave 2 2
August 5, 2019 New York Brooklyn 216 Buffalo Ave 0 4
August 4, 2019 Illinois Chicago 1800 S Kildare Ave 1 7
August 4, 2019 Tennessee Memphis 443 E Shelby Dr 1 3
August 4, 2019 Ohio Dayton 419 E 5th St 10 17
August 4, 2019 Illinois Chicago 2900 block of W Roosevelt Rd 0 7
August 3, 2019 Texas El Paso 7101 Gateway Blvd 22 24
August 2, 2019 Virginia Suffolk 200 block of N Broad St 2 3
July 30, 2019 Ohio Columbus 1280 E Long St 0 5
July 28, 2019 California Gilroy 7050 Miller Ave 4 17
July 28, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 2600 block of Carroll St 1 5
July 28, 2019 Wisconsin Chippewa Falls 16964 54th Ave 5 2
July 28, 2019 District of Columbia Washington 637 T St NW 0 4
July 28, 2019 Illinois Chicago 3938 W Roosevelt Rd 0 4
July 27, 2019 Kansas Wichita 505 N Rock Rd 1 3
July 27, 2019 New York Brooklyn 1555 Linden Blvd 1 11
July 26, 2019 Washington Kennewick E 10th Ave 1 3
July 25, 2019 California Canoga Park 21901 Roscoe Boulevard 4 2
July 21, 2019 Illinois Chicago 3900 block of Roosevelt Rd 0 4
July 21, 2019 District of Columbia Washington 2300 block of 15th St NE 0 4
July 20, 2019 Pennsylvania Clairton 501 Waddell Ave 0 4
July 20, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 2800 block of Boarman Ave 1 3
July 20, 2019 Illinois Chicago 2401 N Lake Shore Dr 0 7
July 18, 2019 Illinois Chicago 3427 W Fulton Blvd 1 3
July 17, 2019 Texas Lubbock N Elder Ave and E Colgate St 1 3
July 16, 2019 Texas San Antonio 6989 San Pedro Ave 0 4
July 15, 2019 Georgia Atlanta 1572 Hardee St NE 0 4
July 14, 2019 Illinois Chicago 4600 block of W Erie St 0 4
July 13, 2019 Illinois Chicago 7900 block of S Loomis Blvd 1 4
July 13, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 5433 Lansdowne Ave 0 7
July 11, 2019 Texas Houston 5901 Royal Palms St 0 4
July 8, 2019 District of Columbia Washington 3900 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SW 2 2
July 7, 2019 Michigan Flint Clio Rd and Myrtle St 0 6
July 7, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis N Tucker Blvd and Convention Plaza 0 5
July 7, 2019 Illinois Chicago 5600 block of S Paulina St 0 4
July 7, 2019 Illinois Chicago 600 block of W 61st Pl 0 4
July 7, 2019 New Mexico Albuquerque 211 Gold Ave SW 0 4
July 6, 2019 California San Jose 3036 Quinto Way 0 4
July 6, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 1921 Chambers Rd 5 0
July 5, 2019 Massachusetts Boston Maple St 0 6
July 5, 2019 Illinois Chicago 1600 block of E 67th St 0 5
July 5, 2019 Nevada Reno 600 block of Spokane St 1 3
July 5, 2019 New York Brooklyn Elton St and Belmont Ave 0 4
July 4, 2019 Illinois Rockford 1100 block of Preston St 0 4
July 4, 2019 Illinois Chicago 800 block of N Homan Ave 1 3
July 4, 2019 California Los Angeles 1900 block of Adair St 0 4
July 4, 2019 California Fresno 4700 block of E Hamilton Ave 1 3
July 3, 2019 Texas Katy 5507 Everhart Manor Ln 2 3
July 2, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis (Wellston) 6250 Page Ave 0 4
July 1, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 1200 block of N Luzerne Ave 0 4
June 30, 2019 California Oakland 3000 block of Brookdale Ave 0 4
June 30, 2019 California Yucaipa 12700 block of California St 0 5
June 30, 2019 Texas Dallas 3535 Munger Ave 2 2
June 30, 2019 New York Bay Shore Farragut Ave 0 6
June 29, 2019 Connecticut Hartford Judson St and Martin St 0 4
June 29, 2019 Louisiana Gray 2700 block of W Park Ave 0 4
June 29, 2019 Illinois Chicago 2400 block of W Jackson Blvd 0 5
June 29, 2019 Louisiana Baton Rouge 7132 Florida Blvd 0 7
June 28, 2019 New Jersey Paterson 50 block of Jefferson St 0 4
June 28, 2019 Connecticut Hamden 937 Choate Ave 0 5
June 28, 2019 Georgia Atlanta Ira St and Bass St SW 0 7
June 28, 2019 New Jersey Jersey City 167 Armstrong Ave 0 4
June 28, 2019 Minnesota Saint Paul 909 Desoto St 0 5
June 27, 2019 Georgia Atlanta 600 block of Parkway Dr 0 7
June 26, 2019 Ohio Akron 900 block of Rowe St 1 3
June 26, 2019 Wisconsin Milwaukee 2800 block of N 34th St 0 4
June 23, 2019 California La Jolla 7500 block of Draper Ave 1 3
June 23, 2019 California San Jose 568 Habbitts Court 5 0
June 23, 2019 Indiana South Bend 1150 E Mishawaka Ave 1 10
June 23, 2019 Ohio Columbus 1767 Genessee Ave 0 5
June 23, 2019 South Carolina Abbeville 1108 Cambridge St 3 1
June 22, 2019 Virginia Hampton 1st St and E Pembroke Ave 0 4
June 22, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 2400 block of Moore St 0 4
June 22, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 800 block of N Port St 1 4
June 21, 2019 Michigan Saginaw 1506 N Charles St 1 3
June 21, 2019 Illinois Chicago 6300 block of S King Dr 0 4
June 21, 2019 California Santa Maria 519  West Taylor St 5 0
June 21, 2019 California Richmond 700 block of 14th St 0 5
June 20, 2019 Pennsylvania Allentown 343 Hamilton St 0 10
June 18, 2019 New Jersey Newark 700 block of Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd 1 4
June 17, 2019 Texas San Antonio E Market St and Tower of the Americas Way 0 4
June 17, 2019 Tennessee Memphis 2872 Coach Dr 0 5
June 16, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 2910 S 70th St 1 5
June 16, 2019 Kentucky Louisville Dixie Highway and Ormsby Ave 1 6
June 16, 2019 Iowa Des Moines 1200 block of Sampson St 0 6
June 15, 2019 Louisiana Shreveport 2500 block of Hollywood Ave 0 4
June 12, 2019 North Carolina Charlotte 305 N Graham St 1 3
June 11, 2019 Colorado Aurora 12500 block of E Kansas Pl 0 4
June 11, 2019 Georgia Savannah 6900 Block of Damascus Rd 2 2
June 9, 2019 Ohio Cleveland 17218 Tarkington Ave 1 3
June 9, 2019 New York Buffalo 2081 Niagara St 0 4
June 9, 2019 Tennessee Henning 265 N Main St 1 3
June 8, 2019 Washington White Swan 5151 Medicine Valley Rd 5 2
June 8, 2019 Illinois Chicago 3500 block of W North Ave 0 4
June 7, 2019 Texas Austin 8220 TX-71 0 5
June 6, 2019 Illinois Chicago 2500 block of N Lake Shore Dr 1 3
June 5, 2019 California Santa Rosa 828 W 9th Street 0 4
June 1, 2019 South Carolina Allendale 473 Main St S 0 5
June 1, 2019 Illinois Chicago 300 block of East Chicago Ave 0 4
June 1, 2019 Virginia Portsmouth 1100 block of Mt Vernon Ave 1 3
June 1, 2019 Illinois Chicago 5600 block of West Madison St 0 4
June 1, 2019 Georgia Atlanta 12 Broad Street 0 5
June 1, 2019 Georgia Macon Suzanne Dr and Robinson Dr 2 4
May 31, 2019 California West Covina 306 N Hollow Ave 1 3
May 31, 2019 Virginia Virginia Beach 2405 Courthouse Drive 13 4
May 30, 2019 Illinois Robbins 14000 block of Grace Ave 0 5
May 29, 2019 Texas Cleveland 26311 TX-321 3 2
May 29, 2019 Louisiana Reserve 300 block of Homewood Place 1 3
May 27, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 5900 block of Goodfellow Blvd 2 2
May 27, 2019 District of Columbia Washington 1200 block of Sumner Rd SE 0 5
May 27, 2019 New Jersey Trenton 100 block of Walnut St 1 5
May 26, 2019 District of Columbia Washington 3509 Wheeler Rd SE 1 3
May 26, 2019 Virginia La Crosse 800 block of Alvis Road 0 5
May 26, 2019 California Stockton 600 block of E Oak St 1 3
May 25, 2019 New Jersey Trenton 225 Brunswick Ave 0 9
May 25, 2019 Michigan Detroit 3400 block of Devonshire 3 2
May 25, 2019 Virginia Chesapeake Holly Cove Dr and Schooner Trail 1 9
May 25, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 500 block of N Belnord Ave 0 4
May 25, 2019 Oklahoma Oklahoma City N Kelley Ave and NE 26th St 0 5
May 20, 2019 Oklahoma Tulsa 8118 E 16th St 2 2
May 20, 2019 Louisiana Alexandria 1900 block of Bacon Street 1 4
May 20, 2019 Ohio Columbus 2424 Sullivant Ave 0 4
May 19, 2019 Oregon Portland 226 SE Madison St 0 5
May 18, 2019 Mississippi Cascilla 700 Leverette Ln 1 4
May 18, 2019 Alabama Atmore 100 Martin Luther King Avenue 1 8
May 18, 2019 Indiana Muncie 2410 W. Euclid Ave 1 6
May 18, 2019 California Long Beach 1616 West Pacific Coast Highway 1 4
May 18, 2019 Iowa Cedar Rapids 70 Kirkwood Ct SW 2 2
May 18, 2019 Nebraska Omaha 2825 Y St 0 4
May 18, 2019 North Carolina Winston Salem (Winston-salem) 4252 Cody Drive 2 4
May 17, 2019 California Sacramento 7326 Stockton Blvd 1 3
May 16, 2019 Ohio Cleveland 9500 Cardwell Ave 0 4
May 15, 2019 Louisiana Saint Rose 100 block of St. Rose Ave 0 4
May 14, 2019 California Los Angeles 1248 W 47th St 0 4
May 13, 2019 Louisiana New Orleans 2100 block of 4th St 0 4
May 13, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 4047 Shreve Ave 4 1
May 11, 2019 Pennsylvania Effort Toll Rd and Bayberry Rd 0 4
May 10, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 1900 block of N Croskey St 0 5
May 10, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis 4000 block of Ashland Ave 0 6
May 8, 2019 Indiana Indianapolis Roache St and Rader St 0 4
May 7, 2019 Colorado Littleton (Highlands Ranch) 8773 S Ridgeline Blvd 1 8
May 5, 2019 New Jersey North Bergen 2033 45th Street 1 4
May 5, 2019 California Oceano 1001 Cabrillo Hwy 0 6
May 4, 2019 Missouri Saint Louis Union Blvd and Northland Ave 1 4
May 4, 2019 Indiana Indianapolis 101 W Maryland St 0 4
May 4, 2019 California Stockton 5105 Holiday Dr 1 4
May 4, 2019 Delaware Wilmington W 27th St and Tatnall St 0 4
May 3, 2019 Texas Dallas 5400 Cedar Springs Rd 1 3
May 3, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 1900 block of Ramsay St 0 5
May 3, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 2500 block of E Biddle St 0 4
May 1, 2019 Massachusetts Boston 32 Windermere Rd 1 3
April 30, 2019 North Carolina Charlotte 9214 South Library Ln 2 4
April 28, 2019 Tennessee Nashville 1407 Dr DB Todd Jr Blvd 0 7
April 28, 2019 Alabama Birmingham 514 19th St Ensley 0 4
April 28, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 2544 Edmondson Ave 1 7
April 28, 2019 Ohio West Chester 4637 Wyndtree Dr 4 0
April 27, 2019 Mississippi Jackson 700 block of Monterey St 1 3
April 27, 2019 California Poway 16934 Chabad Way 1 3
April 27, 2019 California Los Angeles 700 N San Fernando Rd 0 6
April 21, 2019 Pennsylvania Philadelphia 1500 block of South 31st St 0 4
April 20, 2019 Tennessee Memphis 761 Chestnut Ave 0 5
April 20, 2019 Texas Corpus Christi 2900 block of Sunrise Ave 0 4
April 19, 2019 Kansas Wichita 1628 S George Washington Blvd 0 4
April 18, 2019 Kentucky Louisville 4000 block of Bells Ln 0 4
April 16, 2019 Maryland Germantown 18700 block of Curry Powder Ln 1 3
April 14, 2019 California Stockton 2539 E Main St 0 4
April 14, 2019 Florida Miami NW 19th Ave and 60th St 2 2
April 14, 2019 California Vallejo 100 block of Princeton Ave 1 3
April 13, 2019 California Moreno Valley 23500 block of Alessandro Blvd 0 4
April 12, 2019 Illinois Carbondale 119 N Washington St 0 4
April 11, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 2200 block of Ruskin Ave 1 3
April 11, 2019 Arizona Phoenix 7112 W Minnezona Ave 3 2
April 11, 2019 California Los Angeles E 103rd St and S Main St 1 4
April 9, 2019 Missouri Kansas City 5339 Michigan Ave 1 3
April 7, 2019 Indiana Indianapolis 3600 block of Roosevelt Ave 2 2
April 7, 2019 North Carolina Winston Salem (Winston-salem) 515 N Cherry St 0 7
April 7, 2019 Delaware Wilmington 940 N Pine St 0 6
April 7, 2019 Louisiana Shreveport 433 Flournoy Lucas Rd 0 4
April 6, 2019 Florida Tallahassee 500 block of Kissimmee St 0 4
April 6, 2019 Illinois Chicago 6300 block of S Seeley Ave 0 6
April 4, 2019 Florida Panama City 100 block of Allen Ave 1 3
April 4, 2019 Georgia Stockbridge 300 block of Eagle Ct 3 2
April 2, 2019 Mississippi Hermanville 13195 MS 18 0 4
April 2, 2019 Kentucky Covington 300 block of 13th St 0 5
March 31, 2019 Illinois Chicago 500 block of N Hamlin Ave 1 4
March 31, 2019 Georgia Atlanta 3041 Landrum Dr SW 1 4
March 31, 2019 South Carolina North Charleston 1900 block of Jacksonville Rd 0 7
March 28, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 6200 block of Boston St 0 4
March 25, 2019 Nevada North Las Vegas 2400 block of W San Miguel St 0 5
March 24, 2019 California San Francisco 1300 Fillmore St 1 5
March 24, 2019 Arizona Phoenix 2202 W McDowell Rd 0 7
March 19, 2019 Arizona Phoenix 8526 N 27th Ave 2 4
March 17, 2019 Georgia Augusta 900 block of Broad St 0 4
March 17, 2019 Georgia Rochelle Dennis St 1 3
March 17, 2019 Nevada Las Vegas 600 E Fremont St 0 4
March 16, 2019 New Jersey Camden 619 Ferry Ave 1 3
March 15, 2019 Alabama Mobile 515 Dauphin Island Pkwy 2 4
March 14, 2019 Montana Missoula 5145 Airway Blvd 1 3
March 11, 2019 New Jersey Paterson 291 12th Ave 0 4
March 10, 2019 Louisiana Shreveport 2700 block of San Jacinto Ave 0 4
March 10, 2019 Colorado Denver 15th St and Market St 1 4
March 3, 2019 California Oakland 316 14th St 0 4
March 3, 2019 Illinois Chicago 2900 block of E 79th St 0 6
March 2, 2019 Arkansas Pine Bluff 723 East 25th Ave 1 4
February 28, 2019 California Oakland 9755 Edes Ave 1 3
February 22, 2019 Alabama Birmingham 1100 block of Carnation Dr 2 2
February 21, 2019 Maryland Baltimore 500 block of Bloom St 1 4
February 21, 2019 Kentucky Elizabethtown 600 N Miles St 2 2
February 21, 2019 Texas Houston 12800 block of Eastbrook Dr 2 2
February 20, 2019 Tennessee Covington 529 N College St 0 4
February 17, 2019 Texas Henderson 504 S Van Buren St 2 2
February 17, 2019 Indiana Evansville 664 E Illinois St 0 5
February 17, 2019 Louisiana New Orleans Tulane Ave and Elk Pl 1 5
February 16, 2019 Mississippi Clinton 1214 Foxhill Dr 5 0
February 15, 2019 Illinois Aurora 641 Archer Ave 6 6
February 11, 2019 Texas Livingston 3628 FM 3126 5 0
February 9, 2019 Virginia Petersburg 109 Perry St 0 4
February 6, 2019 New York Brooklyn 1778 Fulton St 1 3
February 5, 2019 Texas San Antonio 538 Hot Wells Blvd 2 2
February 4, 2019 District of Columbia Washington 2341 Pennsylvania Ave SE 0 5
February 4, 2019 Louisiana Baton Rouge 4000 block of Topeka St 0 4
February 3, 2019 California Palm Springs E Sunny Dunes Rd and El Placer Rd 4 0
February 3, 2019 Illinois Chicago 938 E 75th St 2 5
February 1, 2019 California San Diego 6800 block of Springfield St 0 4
January 28, 2019 Texas Houston 7815 Harding St 2 5
January 27, 2019 Alabama Birmingham Avenue O and Warrior Rd 0 5
January 26, 2019 Georgia Albany 300 block of W Roosevelt 0 4
January 26, 2019 Indiana Indianapolis 2957 N Sherman Dr 0 5
January 26, 2019 New Jersey Newark 612 Bergen St 1 3
January 26, 2019 Louisiana Gonzales 42350 Church Point Rd 5 0
January 24, 2019 Pennsylvania State College 1450 S Atherton St 4 1
January 24, 2019 Georgia Rockmart 319 Williamson St 4 1
January 23, 2019 Florida Sebring 1901 US 27 S 5 0
January 20, 2019 Florida Miami 26133 SW 139th Ave 0 4
January 19, 2019 Pennsylvania Lebanon 1140 Church St 0 4
January 19, 2019 Texas Houston 7041 Sherman St 3 2
January 19, 2019 South Carolina Gaffney 1435 Wilcox Ave 1 4
January 19, 2019 Illinois Chicago 4400 block of W Madison St 0 4
January 19, 2019 Florida Jacksonville 11445 Brian Lakes Drive 3 2
January 17, 2019 Kentucky Owensboro 940 Audubon Ave 3 1
January 16, 2019 Florida Jacksonville Emerson St and Spring Park Rd 1 5
January 16, 2019 California Palmdale Ranch Center Dr and 40th St W 3 1
January 15, 2019 Arkansas Little Rock 5420 Baseline Rd 1 4
January 13, 2019 Arizona Phoenix 2445 E Van Buren St 1 5
January 6, 2019 New Mexico Roswell 1300 block of W College Blvd 0 4
January 4, 2019 Virginia Hurt 3197 Shula Dr 3 2
January 4, 2019 California Torrance 22501 Hawthorne Blvd 3 4
January 3, 2019 Arizona Yuma 3800 block of E. County 18½ St 1 3
January 2, 2019 Arkansas Jonesboro 3516 Galaxy St 1 3
January 1, 2019 South Carolina Columbia 1709 Decker Blvd 0 5
January 1, 2019 Florida Tallahassee 2020 W Pensacola St 0 5

7 hours ago, nealo said:

Feel free to count them

Well for starters I can only see three incidents where ten or more people were killed

And there are quite a lot where nobody was killed at all

Doesn't quite give the impression that there is an El Paso every couple of days, which is the obvious intent of your source

How many of these incidents concurred in the big cities, as I have alluded to before? 

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Well for starters I can only see three incidents where ten or more people were killed

We're not talking about squishing ants here.

Just so I can step away from this thread like all the others, you are right there is no problem with gun violence in the USA.

Ironjimbo is always right. Anyone who disagrees is labeled a lefty. 

But having never been there he is still an expert on everything USA.

Having visited the country 11 times. Travelled to a lot of the states visiting city’s & county towns etc. I have no idea about the place. 

29 minutes ago, nealo said:

Just so I can step away from this thread like all the others, you are right there is no problem with gun violence in the USA.

I can't recall ever saying that 

But this thread does is a pretty good example of why the debate goes nowhere 

45 minutes ago, nealo said:

I told you months ago to just block him. 

He really isn’t a level headed person.  Deep down there is something not right with his mental makeup.  

No person with compassion and a heart and care for others think and puts down in words what he does ( well used to before I blocked him).

His opinions are just off the mark with the general public.

One person being killed with a gun is horrible. Yet he wants to argue the opposite in a weird way. 

He is not someone you’d be friends with off line.

You are a good person and family man.

just block and ignore.  

I just wish you guys wouldn’t quote him, as that’s the only way I see his comments now.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I wonder if Peter intended to prove my point, or whether it just turned out that way... 

Sorry Jimbo, I know you off here but you really are coming across as smarmy, uncaring and to be truthful, irritating.

There are people who try and debate things but you just reply with antagonistic one liners. Or if you don't like what is said you ignore it.

Anyway I said I was done yet your one liner got me back :bangin:

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

ONLY!!!!! 

Wow,,,,, just wow!!   

Yep. Ironjim is one of the mentally ill people that if he lived in the usa would have guns and not see issues with innocent people being shot. 

4 hours ago, nealo said:

Sorry Jimbo, I know you off here but you really are coming across as smarmy, uncaring and to be truthful, irritating.

There are people who try and debate things but you just reply with antagonistic one liners. Or if you don't like what is said you ignore it.

Anyway I said I was done yet your one liner got me back :bangin:

If Peter or anyone else wants to smear me personally instead of offering an intellectually honest rebuttal, I will respond in kind

It is obviously an emotive issue and it should go without saying that one death is too many.  But serious problems don't get solved by pissing contests over who cares the most 

I like to deal in facts rather than emotions, because that approach generally leads to more effective policy. If that means that I come across as unfeeling, that's something I'll have to live with I guess.  But as I said before, if we can't even agree on the starting point because were too busy trying to demonize each other, nothing will ever change