beginnergirl

USA Shootings #2

On the original thread, it was locked by the other moderators. 

I respect their decisions however I chose not to lock it down.

there was a bit of aggro directed by or at Ironjimbo based on his opinions on the subject. 

While I in no way condone his point of view, in fact I find it utterly defenceless it is still a legal position to hold and he in no way advocated violence and allowing his opinions to be aired can in some way serve as a reminder as to what the anti gun lobby is up against either here or in the US. 

Anyeay yes another sad day in the ole’ u s of a 

Fascinated that the australian media calls the recent WA a murder/ suicide of seven souls that rather then a gun massacre.  Political correctness should not win out when we are talking gun deaths.  Shows though law doesn't matter and its access to guns that is the issue. 

Familicide versus killing random people in a public place.  Totally a political correctness issue...

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Stikman said:

Familicide versus killing random people in a public place.  Totally a political correctness issue...

No its not a totally a political correct issue, its a gun access issue no matter what the media says around Australia's gun laws protecting us or 7 massacred souls would still be alive.

And its also not better to massacre your family with a gun compared to randoms or friends in a public place.  Both are wrong.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:33 PM, roxii said:

On the original thread, it was locked by the other moderators. 

I respect their decisions however I chose not to lock it down.

there was a bit of aggro directed by or at Ironjimbo based on his opinions on the subject. 

While I in no way condone his point of view, in fact I find it utterly defenceless it is still a legal position to hold and he in no way advocated violence and allowing his opinions to be aired can in some way serve as a reminder as to what the anti gun lobby is up against either here or in the US. 

Anyeay yes another sad day in the ole’ u s of a 

Thanks mate

It amuses me when people find it easier to attack me rather than my views, regardless of the topic, so no harm was done at all

On 21/05/2018 at 1:29 PM, IronJimbo said:

Thanks mate

It amuses me when people find it easier to attack me rather than my views, regardless of the topic, so no harm was done at all

I always loved ya, even when you were wrong ;);)

In the wake of another mass shooting there (must be a day that ends in a "y"), The Project (yes, many of you can switch off now) interviewed the two Australian guys that created this video.  They contacted about 50 workplace until they found one willing to be involved, and only the boss knew what was going on.  They found the girl, who I think had done a vid in a supermarket.  She did this off the cuff they said.  Wait for the song at the end; it's so sad that kids have to go through this.  They said she has active shooter drills every other week at school.

13 hours ago, trinube said:

Interesting video, stupid country, idiot leaders

A dumb implementation of democracy, both in the executive powers that give their president and the lack of control they exert over their congress that has allowed it to devolve into a representation of personal and corporate interests - public interest is no longer the primary agenda of either.

Interestingly, with their revolution the USA declared independence to break away from the supposed excesses of 'tyrannical' King George III (ironically enough, citing a trade war) and then promptly implemented a system where they effectively elect a King (or Queen) and invest them with executive powers. This has led to the comment that Britain is a republic with a hereditary monarchy while the USA is a monarchy with an elective king... and it's at least partially true.

might as well lock it now.

99% of us think giving/allowing the general public guns for no other reason than killing each other is stupid.

the other 1% believe it's the current laws so allow them.

It will just go around in circles and go nowhere and the USA government isn't going to listen to us either way.

It's just one of those topics that we shouldnt even bother discussing. 

Lock it

• Like 2

If nothing else it serves as a reminder to us how lucky we are that we are not on this trajectory, and that we shouldn't be complacent and let our standards slip. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, roxii said:

If nothing else it serves as a reminder to us how lucky we are that we are not on this trajectory, and that we shouldn't be complacent and let our standards slip. 

I feel so sorry for the yanks, its just a lost cause. The country is so overrun with guns that even if you took the guns away from everyone the crooks would still have millions of them at their disposal.

That's one of the biggest problems in winning the gun debate-I had a discussion with an American once and his opinion was that he basically needed a gun to protect himself and his family from the bad guys. I can kind of see where he is coming from...what a terrible position to be in. He clearly saw any attempt to take away his gun as being a move that would put his family in danger and prevent him from protecting them..

Edited by more

2 hours ago, Peter said:

It's just one of those topics that we shouldnt even bother discussing. 

same as religion and politics...

1 minute ago, more said:

I feel so sorry for the yanks, its just a lost cause. The country is so overrun with guns that even if you took the guns away from everyone the crooks would still have millions of them at their disposal.

Yep, I've been saying that for years. The horse has well and truly bolted and there's so many guns it would be almost impossible to wind it back. They're where they are because the politicians have been spineless in standing up to the NRA.

They can however, still implement laws to make carrying guns illegal and to severely restrict the sale of ammunition. It's not going to stop the 'preppers' with 20,000 rounds but it would be better than doing nothing. 

1 hour ago, trinube said:

same as religion and politics...

agree re religion.

But our politics is a joke anyway.  Doesn't matter what side you are following

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

agree re religion.

But our politics is a joke anyway.  Doesn't matter what side you are following

or diet

I don't think many Australians get the USA - they are culturally and politically far more different , in so many ways. Their relationship with the federal government in particular is something we will never understand.  Let's worry about us and our gun laws - nothing is going to change in the US anytime soon.   

• Like 1

SHARK ATTACKS AT RECORD HIGH

Australia: Lets put nets out to keep bathers safe

USA: Everybody get a shark to protect you from other sharks

• Haha 1

El Paso allow people to carry weapons, can you imagine how difficult it would be for the police coming in to stop it.

There’s potential for other wackos with their good guy with a gun theories, having their guns drawn wandering around as well. Try finding the shooter!

First episode of The Boys had me, though Karl Urbans accent is killing me.  

14 hours ago, Nath. said:

El Paso allow people to carry weapons, can you imagine how difficult it would be for the police coming in to stop it.

There’s potential for other wackos with their good guy with a gun theories, having their guns drawn wandering around as well. Try finding the shooter!

The shooter is usually the dead guy who is no longer shooting people...

54 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

So there were 20 shooters in the Wallmart? 

Who is the live guy that police have in custody?

59 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

U got trolled

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

download.jpg

The US is a lost cause.  So many military-grade weapons in the hands of civilians.  The genie so far out of the bottle, it'll never be put back in.

The terrorists may as well sit back, laugh & suck on their hooka pipes, while US civilians do their work for them.

American bloke I was at school with posts this sort of shit on his FB page.  All those 'good men' with guns are doing an outstanding job at home aren't they 🙄

Dumb US Guns.jpg

• Sad 1

I have a friend in Dayton.

She's safe, but heartbroken for her town.

Nothing else will change for them though.

4 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

The US is a lost cause.  So many military-grade weapons in the hands of civilians.  

Military grade weapons have been illegal for civilians to buy since 1986

45 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Military grade weapons have been illegal for civilians to buy since 1986

You mean fully automatic Military Grade weapons. Many other military grade weapons are freely available, legally, in many states.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You mean fully automatic Military Grade weapons. Many other military grade weapons are freely available, legally, in many states.

Military grade weapons either have fully automatic or burst fire capacity

An AR15 for example can not do this

42 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Military grade weapons either have fully automatic or burst fire capacity

An AR15 for example can not do this

If you want to be pedantic, which you seem to, a military grade weapon is a weapon that is manufactured for and used by the military. Not all weapons manufactured for & used by the US military have that capability.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

As usual IJ talking out of his ass, all the while ignoring the inconvenient truth.

16 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Ban semi-autos = cut the death rate in US mass shootings by at least 50%.

Anyone whose fired lots of different guns (me) knows how much less damage you can do with a bolt-action repeater rather than a semi-auto.  A semi-auto is military grade IMO - the bullets come out as fast as you can squeeze the trigger, which is very fast.  And you don't have to take it away from your line of sight between shots.

Need to appeal to Trumps massive ego & just make it happen attitude.  He could go down as the President with the biggest balls in US history if he solves this problem - or at least halves the problem by doing what Howard did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Anyone whose fired lots of different guns (me) knows how much less damage you can do with a bolt-action repeater rather than a semi-auto.  A semi-auto is military grade IMO - the bullets come out as fast as you can squeeze the trigger, which is very fast.  And you don't have to take it away from your line of sight between shots.

Need to appeal to Trumps massive ego & just make it happen attitude.  He could go down as the President with the biggest balls in US history if he solves this problem - or at least halves the problem by doing what Howard did.

I'm sure the advisors will all be running the numbers and comparing how many votes he will lose from the nut jobs versus how many he might pick up from swinging voters. Unfortunately this will be the deciding factor, not what is the 'right' thing to do... 

3 hours ago, Rog said:

As usual IJ talking out of his ass, all the while ignoring the inconvenient truth.

As usual Rog is demonstrating that his big, big heart and brain are much bigger than everyone else's...

😴 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

As usual Rog is demonstrating that his big, big heart and brain are much bigger than everyone else's...

😴

great reply

1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

great reply

He rode the Uber preztzel the other week probably still fatigued 

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Couldn't agree more with this. I'd go as far as saying I'd consider voting for him if he had the balls to do it.

Judging by the talking points blurted out today, highly unlikely.

Next few days you will hear - mental illness, don't policitize the issue, the country needs to unite blah blah blah

Edited by Rog

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

nailed it

Wonder if it would make a difference if someone started taking pot shots at the President??