Sign in to follow this  
lawman

UTA acquired by Ironman

I moved this here and edited the heading to make it more visible. 

Interesting acquisition though. 

From the UTA website

ULTRA-TRAIL AUSTRALIA ACQUIRED BY IRONMAN

14 MAY 2018

ULTRA-TRAIL AUSTRALIA ACQUIRED BY IRONMAN

IRONMAN, a Wanda Sports Holdings Company, and AROC Sport are pleased to announce
IRONMAN’s acquisition of AROC Sport and Ultra-Trail Australia, the most prestigious multi-distance
trail running event in Australia.

Tom Landon-Smith, founder of Ultra-Trail Australia said IRONMAN will provide increased support and
expertise to Ultra-Trail Australia and ensure that the event maintains its world-class standard and
popularity.

“The marketing capability of IRONMAN will also help to ensure that the event will grow while still
maintaining the values, culture and integrity that we are proud to have instilled. This is a great
opportunity for the event, and we look forward to working with IRONMAN and the trail running
community on the next steps in the evolution of Ultra-Trail Australia.”

IRONMAN Oceania Managing Director, Dave Beeche acknowledged the great work that Tom
Landon-Smith, Alina McMaster, their team, partners, volunteers and the local community have done
in building this outstanding event.

“Now the second largest Ultra-Trail running event in the world, an integral part of its success is the
camaraderie of the competitors, family and friends which we hope to preserve and build on. We are
thrilled that both Tom and Alina will continue to be fully involved in organizing Ultra-Trail Australia for
2019, 2020 and beyond.”

“Ultra-Trail running is the new frontier of endurance sport and IRONMAN welcomes the opportunity to
be expanding its existing interests in triathlon, road running, cycling and mountain biking and to be
taking a step into this market. Our philosophy when taking on new events as iconic as Ultra-Trail
Australia is to think of ourselves as custodians, rather than owners, and in doing so ensure that we
respect the history, the athletes and the stakeholders to ensure that we continue its success.”
“We look forward to working with everyone who has been involved in developing the spirit that has
made Ultra-Trail Australia so successful and build on the enormous legacy that has been
established.”

Ultra-Trail Australia will be held between 17-20 May 2018. For more information please visit
https://www.ultratrailaustralia.com.au/.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Well, field size limit should increase......

Field size is too big now. Too many bottlenecks early in the course. 

Will only get worse I think. 

• Like 1

yeah this is big news in running circles... already had two phone calls from people in running that think because I've had a bit to do with tri's I'd be all over it. The opposite, I had no idea until this morning. 

Good on the race director for selling it... 

On 15/05/2018 at 2:51 AM, Peter said:

I'd love to know WTC's end game / Goals other than make a lot of money

tbi89.jpg

• Haha 1

On 15/05/2018 at 9:51 AM, Peter said:

I'd love to know WTC's end game / Goals other than make a lot of money

#journey #slowpanmontages #67percent 

4 minutes ago, trilobite said:

Does this mean IM Asia-Pac will have acquired sufficiently advanced systems to handle entry transfers over a 12 month period?

I think it actually works the other way.

Don't expect transfers over a 12 month period for your trail runs.

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think it actually works the other way.

Don't expect transfers over a 12 month period for your trail runs.

Surely the CEO wouldn’t have been passing off a deliberate policy under the guise of a systems issue when I enquired about a transfer...