Sign in to follow this  
KieranR

Vietnam 70.3

Ok, race done! Very happy with my swim at 38 minutes, that’s a 7 min PB, I planned to go out and ride hard (for me), haven’t looked at the power meter data yet but I think I’ve had about an 11 min pb or there abouts, I crashed on the bike at 30km and have a bit of a sore hip from it, I ended up landing on the aid station table after a local swung in to grab a bottle without warning, I smashed into his rear mech and cassette, his day was done but thankfully my bike was ok (lucky for him), got back to transition 2 and quick dash into he change tent to put the budgy smugglers on and slap a container of Vaseline between the thighs (no thigh gap), the legs were there as I spun a higher than normal cadence and felt good, I knew it was going to be a very tough half marathon and true to that it certainly was, I deliberately walked every aid station and dowsed myself with buckets of water, ice and hoses when available, the run was more a shuffle but I got it done! Now it’s time for beer and reflections on a hard race but one I’m glad I’ve done! Lots of support out here for me in my budgy smugglers, a few you ****ing legend comments, couple slaps on the bum and most importantly no chaffe! A short stint in the medical tent after my race as I collapsed after the finish when my legs finally gave in.  Great event, well managed, thanks to the vollies, they were brilliant, without them we don’t race!  I’ll do more sunrise events in he future!  Cheers to Nik and the kids being out there, without them I also don’t race!
🤘👊👍👌✌️

D82EC32A-95CF-4CBA-9E2D-1BD3CD7194B4.jpeg

C56AAEF3-F313-4A32-8085-C7D50C49A691.jpeg

306D26AA-4DF6-4C24-BE0E-719BFB2CA547.jpeg

EAC7A70A-FC69-4875-A7BA-53FADAE0C85A.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big congratulations esp after  getting back on your bike after the crash. Enjoy the rest of your holiday 😎

Awesome stuff mate. 

Working man's hero 😎🤘

YEOW 

Great racing, even more so with the crash, wishing you speedy recovery! Heard nothing but good things about this event. Hope to do it someday.

Probably the worlds shortest race report but still covered it all. Well done mate on report and race.

I love hearing about other races.

Cheers

NSF

We are now touristing and spent the afternoon / night down in Hoian , it’s just beautiful, me and the kids for right in! If you ever need tips on how to “tourist” just sing out 😂

Edited by KieranR
Wrong pic

Wow - are the kids still young enough to be cool with the 'family outfit'? Classic!!

You do realise those kids are going to grow up and hold that against you 😀

59 minutes ago, AP said:

You do realise those kids are going to grow up and hold that against you 😀

Was their idea! I negotiated a good deal

A front on shot showing the full outfit would make a good addition to any 21st album.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

A front on shot showing the full outfit would make a good addition to any 21st album.

Got it covered 

339532E8-8FA5-44BD-8F6D-F1DDD6E31C0C.jpeg

Edited by KieranR
Added a pic
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

Love your daughter's race tattoo. Very cool.

Yeah the iron kids got all the same stuff for their race as what us big kids get, very well done over here, I’ve been impressed, she’s refusing to scrub them off and is keen to show her friends when we go home next week 😂

• Like 1

Based on how hard it is to get them off it will probably last till then.

Not sure how I missed this but great effort mate and stellar work on the clothing choices.:lol:

43 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Not sure how I missed this but great effort mate and stellar work on the clothing choices.:lol:

I was hoping to get a Trannie singlet but missed the order, hopefully by next race I’ll have one....Roxie got 6 months to open the store again.....I already have a ripper pair of new budgies to wear next time too 😂😂😂😂....believe it or not I was the only one racing in smugglers....people have gone soft....and their was a limited amount of people sporting proper moustaches too.  I had it covered

9B1FE89E-CA03-4F8D-A929-8E76CA77C68E.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KieranR said:

I was hoping to get a Trannie singlet but missed the order, hopefully by next race I’ll have one....Roxie got 6 months to open the store again.....I already have a ripper pair of new budgies to wear next time too 😂😂😂😂....believe it or not I was the only one racing in smugglers....people have gone soft....and their was a limited amount of people sporting proper moustaches too.  I had it covered

9B1FE89E-CA03-4F8D-A929-8E76CA77C68E.jpeg

What are the new smugglers? 

Why only on the run though?  

1 hour ago, pieman said:

What are the new smugglers? 

Why only on the run though?  

They are a limited edition pair by Sam Thaiday (he’s sponsored by them) and his radio show called “thank god its Thaiday” ran a comp, my brother tagged me in an online post and said I should win if I wear them at busso IM his year for the marathon.  You won’t find them on the budgy smuggler page but you can find them on a google search.

Im building up to wear them on the bike, I’m still fat so wanted to make sure I could get through the run no dramas first before I go with the ride also

3 minutes ago, KieranR said:

They are a limited edition pair by Sam Thaiday (he’s sponsored by them) and his radio show called “thank god its Thaiday” ran a comp, my brother tagged me in an online post and said I should win if I wear them at busso IM his year for the marathon.  You won’t find them on the budgy smuggler page but you can find them on a google search.

Im building up to wear them on the bike, I’m still fat so wanted to make sure I could get through the run no dramas first before I go with the ride also

Youre a crazy dude!  Hill reps when its raining cats & dogs pffft ! Budgies on the Bike is the new 3.00am 🌟

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Youre a crazy dude!  Hill reps when its raining cats & dogs pffft ! Budgies on the Bike is the new 3.00am 🌟

😂😂😂 I’m out to have fun and keep getting fitter, I’m not going to win, I can accept that, but if I can keep getting fitter and be able to still have a laugh at myself and make some others have a giggle then it’s all worth it 😂. I had crazy amounts of support on the run on the weekend just from strangers and fellow athletes.....lost count of how many times I got told it’s a brave look I’m sporting 😂😂, even after when I wandering around trying to find the family I had people commenting / laughing /shaking their heads.  Wife’s really supportive of my clothing she made my daughter rush a pair of shorts over to me when we located each other hahaha

• Haha 1

On 17/05/2018 at 11:23 PM, KieranR said:

681B1007-CC76-42AA-B4EB-1B67E95E3F83.thumb.jpeg.dc68939af6aecedd8298a5ba013ed5fb.jpeg

Oh, you're a doggie

57 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Oh, you're a doggie

Not really, I joined them 2 years ago simply because they had the cheapest club membership ($20) out of any club in Qld, I havent lived in Brisbane since 1992, Currently a member of busso club here in WA, although ill never be apart of the club...I'm like a homeless triathlete. Ha!

It's all just to satisfy TA rules

But that singlet is light weight and is comfy to run in.