Sign in to follow this  
Peter

I can’t wait for Kona (Wurf)

We know he can ride. 

Just hope he doesnt get injured. 

1F2A5BFA-AF13-4151-BE53-A5AD87510016.png

Avg just under 4.00ks for a little over 45min.  Not sure this is any indication of anything to come at kona?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Avg just under 4.00ks for a little over 45min.  Not sure this is any indication of anything to come at kona?

True but it's nice to see he is doing the hard yards

39 minutes ago, Peter said:

True but it's nice to see he is doing the hard yards

Not sure that is hard yards for a pro when 250 or better is needed for the marathon

25 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Not sure that is hard yards for a pro when 250 or better is needed for the marathon

Follow him on Strava, the guy is an animal. It's awesome to see a pro with personality. Fingers cross he doesn't turn vegan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Follow him on Strava, the guy is an animal. It's awesome to see a pro with personality. Fingers cross he doesn't turn vegan. 

Would love to have a beer with him for sure.  

4 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Tipping it would end up being a few.

nothing all that unusual or special there.
hope he kicks ass at kona but i wouldnt be talking about his run till its a 15 low for 5k, 31:xx for 10k or 68/69:xx for a half mara or a session like 5x 1km @2:45-2:50 with 60 seconds recovery, or untill we see sub 2:50 somewhere off the bike outside of kona. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His pace at the beginning of the marathon is not an issue anymore, it's trying to sustain it for the full 42.

And a 2.50 is not required if you keep putting 10 minutes into the runners on the bike leg. I think (unconfirmed) a 3 hour would have won South Africa? He was on track but faded.

3 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

speaking of vegans just got passed by PJ at Byron Bay tri. Assume he was doing a team relay but i was doing 6.30 pace and he didn't exactly blow me off the track... 😁

18 minutes ago, pieman said:

speaking of vegans just got passed by PJ at Byron Bay tri. Assume he was doing a team relay but i was doing 6.30 pace and he didn't exactly blow me off the track... 😁

Did he finish? 

18 minutes ago, pieman said:

So he was a swim bike dnf but did the run. 

Nothing new. 

41 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Peter, you are such a stalker. 😂

Strava = stalker = yes

28 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I think her phone autocorrected *wanker to *stalker

We have a winner 

35 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

We have a winner 

You love me Sam. 

19 hours ago, Ruley said:

hope he kicks ass at kona but i wouldnt be talking about his run till its a 15 low for 5k, 31:xx for 10k or 68/69:xx for a half mara or a session like 5x 1km @2:45-2:50 with 60 seconds recovery, or untill we see sub 2:50 somewhere off the bike outside of kona. 

I recall him being interviewed by Babbit at a club function with the San Diego Triathlon club (I think) back in January - from memory he’d just done a brick session comprising a 90km ITT in 2 hrs even with a 25km run in about 1:35 hrs (I.e. sub 3:50 min/km pace). I recall thinking that was pretty handy for a January work out.

that said, he didn’t break 3hrs in IMSA, so there is still a 10 minute gap between what he might be able to do - on current run form - and what he’ll need to do run to even have a chance to hold off the likes of Jan, Lionel and Patrick in Kona. 

18 hours ago, Peter said:

You love me Sam. 

No.

I just generally appreciate people pulling the piss out of each other in a good natured fashion.

On 12/05/2018 at 3:17 PM, Ruley said:

This is the sort of "real world wisdom" we miss around here - nothing to add to this 😎

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, Ruley said:

He just posted a 40km run with 1429m of elevation moving time of 2hr 58min.  I don't follow any other pro's on strava. Is it unusual for a pro to be doing 40km runs?

I'm blowin away by the level at which these guys can train day in day out. They must eat & sleep a lot.

4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

He just posted a 40km run with 1429m of elevation moving time of 2hr 58min.  I don't follow any other pro's on strava. Is it unusual for a pro to be doing 40km runs?

I'm blowin away by the level at which these guys can train day in day out. They must eat & sleep a lot.

4 weeks out from Cairns. Mark Allen used to do ~45km run looping around the town lake in Boulder Colorado 5 weeks out from Kona.

crowie’s weekly long run was 2 hours (~30km) in the morning and 45minutes at race pace (5:45-6min miles) in the afternoon. He did that one week in, week out for a decade BEFORE his first Ironman.

A 40km+ run is not a typical weekly session, but one that a lot of old school pros did a month to five weeks out from their A race IM.

wurf did 9 Ironman races last year, so a 40km+ brick run was actually a pretty standard monthly workout, 😂 

11 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

wurf did 9 Ironman races last year, so a 40km+ brick run was actually a pretty standard monthly workout, 😂

If he did 9 IMs in the past year I'd say this season will be disappointing - it's just too much emotionally to recover from - I wish him well but that it just too much 

42 minutes ago, AP said:

If he did 9 IMs in the past year I'd say this season will be disappointing - it's just too much emotionally to recover from - I wish him well but that it just too much 

Unless he does hill repeats in the rain. Then he will be mentally tough & ready to race 

• Haha 2