Sign in to follow this  
IronmanFoz

Ironman AUS - Trannie Order of Merit.

Congrats to all....

Special congrats to: Hawaii qualifiers ClintRed and AP

Extra special congrats to Dave T who completed IMAUS No. 15.

Extra Extra special congrats to me who complete and IMAUS No. 20 and didn't get run down by the great AP. But gee it was getting close!

Full

Race no.      Trannie name               Name                                           AG                      Finisher Time.

230                Clintred                       Clint Rowlings                             M30-34                09:39

1014              Turbo Simon               Simon Borrill                               M50.54                10:46

694               Trickle                        Sean Dench                                 M40-44               11:32

231               K3vski                        Kevin Siah                                    M35-39               10:42

562               Herby                         Matt Herbert                                M35-39               11:05

1115            Youngy                       Tony Young                                 M45-49                11:57

19106          IronmanFoz               Andrew Foster                            M50 – 54            12:02 

17-058         AP                              Allan Pitman                                M70-74                 12:13

296              Tall Paul                    Paul Marshall                               M45 - 49              12:20

985              Youngy2                    Gayle Young                                 F50-54                  12:30

558              The New Guy            Nick Hall                                       M35 – 39             12:52

286              Badger77                   Staff Hurlston                              M50-54                13:14

1048            Rory-dognz                Richard Houghton                       M50 - 54             13:39

14266          Dave T                        David Thornton                           M55 -59               14:29

30-009         Paul Every                  Paul Every                                    M50 - 54              14:34

12332          noknees                     Chris Ernst                                   M50 – 54             14:47 

245              Blobby                        Stephen White                             M50 – 54             Last split (9km Run)

16276         Pete Wood - No Split after Bike :(

Extra special congrats to the Wombattri and Flanman in the 70.3 - Why - because you are self appointed Silver and Bronze Wankers. :)

Race no.         Trannie name              Name                                             AG                                           Finisher Time.

2533              Wombattri                  Andrew Ritter                       M40-44 (Silver wanker)                04:54

2333               toolex                        Alex Hill                                  M35-39                                            05:27

2475              sme1414                   Shaun Edwards                     M40-44                                            06:03

2929              Flanman                     Michael Flanagan                 M55-59 (Bronze Wanker 😎      06:24

2983              Goodcatch                 Kevin Dixon                            M60-64                                           07:00

2589               MissJess                   Jessica Edwards                  F40-44                                             08:15

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Congrats to all the Trannies up at Port, perfect weather & well done getting passed the holes in the road on the bike course

After missing 4 months of zero running with a pelvic injury I was happy just to get round this year... I am getting a bit too consistent with the finish times - might need to review the training plans

IM #1 Port 2012 @ 10:45

IM #2 Cairns 2013 10:45

IM #3 Port  2016 10.48 

IM #4 Port 2018 10:46

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TurboSimon said:

Congrats to all the Trannies up at Port, perfect weather & well done getting passed the holes in the road on the bike course

After missing 4 months of zero running with a pelvic injury I was happy just to get round this year... I am getting a bit too consistent with the finish times - might need to review the training plans

IM #3 Port  2016 10.48 

Nice work! I would be happy with a 10:4x every time I stepped up to the line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TurboSimon said:

IM #3 Port  2016 10.48 

If you are the guy I’m thinking of, didn’t you used to do BRAT races on a mountain bike? Maybe a tri bike and you’d go faster. 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

If you are the guy I’m thinking of, didn’t you used to do BRAT races on a mountain bike? Maybe a tri bike and you’d go faster. 

The Customer was right, you are a stalker. 

22 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I was a member of the brats for 11 years when I was in sydney 

15 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Nice work! I would be happy with a 10:4x every time I stepped up to the line.

You have to get up earlier 😪

It was a technical DNF, but I did the course, crossed the line and got my medal and towel. Report will be forthcoming.

• Confused 1

You won't get a time with a 10 in front of it like that - first you have to really want - then you have to really work for it - most don't want it bad enough :whistling:

1 minute ago, AP said:

You won't get a time with a 10 in front of it like that - first you have to really want - then you have to really work for it - most don't want it bad enough :whistling:

thanks for that AP, I really appreciate your support and guidance.

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

thanks for that AP, I really appreciate your support and guidance.

Dont stress B@W, Im a lazy arse who hates getting out of bed early and I got a 10:XX or two,,  just be consistent. 

30 minutes ago, roxii said:

Dont stress B@W, Im a lazy arse who hates getting out of bed early and I got a 10:XX or two,,  just be consistent. 

And you did those times when the sport was much harder too. Very impressive

32 minutes ago, roxii said:

Or go to IM Texas

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Ouch, did IM Texas & got a 11:06

But you didn't draft.

Did you?

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But you didn't draft.

Did you?

We need his splits, plus his power files in 5 different formats and a sworn affidavit from the race technical committee before a determination can be made.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

So you drafted your arse off, and still didn't get 10:xx.  :shock:

Yep but I slept in till 7:30am most morning. Had breakfast with my family & walked the dog before work. Good times.

• Like 2

On 14/05/2018 at 5:46 PM, Bored@work said:

Your phone has that typo issue too...? 🤔

• Like 1

On 15/05/2018 at 12:35 PM, Bored@work said:

I got pinged for drafting, cost me 7min.

😮😮

So you started the trend?? 

LOL 

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

😮😮

So you started the trend?? 

LOL 

Na there was stuff all drafting the year I did it. If some one trolls back over my post from last year they will find I made comments about there being a lot of draft marshals on the course. I assumed it was because it was the North American Championships. 

The disappointing think is the bike course was short last year & they still didn't fix it!!!!

So on a short, flat, draftfest of a course I couldn't go under 11 hrs. 

I did think about getting up early today to train for my next race. But my daughter woke up & wants to do yoga & then walk the dog before  school. So I'm drinking coffee & typing on trannies waiting for her. 

I know I should be out in the rain doing hill repeats, if I really want that 10:5*. But I have other priorities in life that will always come first. 

8 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I did think about getting up early today to train for my next race. But my daughter woke up & wants to do yoga & then walk the dog before  school. So I'm drinking coffee & typing on trannies waiting for her. 

Cranky has her girls making the family breakfast while she's on the trainer.

You just don't want it B@

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Cranky has her girls making the family breakfast while she's on the trainer.

You just don't want it B@

Stop it. You’re hurting my feelings 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Stop it. You’re hurting my feelings 

Your feelings need to do hill reps in the rain 😎💪

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FFF1077 said:

Your feelings need to do hill reps in the rain 😎💪

Na. AP did that & he didn’t break 12rd in Port Mac

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Na. AP did that & he didn’t break 12rd in Port Mac

Yeah, but if it had rained at presentations & roll-down, he'd have been there when others couldn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yeah, but if it had rained at presentations & roll-down, he'd have been there when others couldn't.

Stop being a flea 

On 12/05/2018 at 1:19 AM, IronmanFoz said:

Congrats to all....

Special congrats to: Hawaii qualifiers ClintRed and AP

Extra special congrats to Dave T who completed IMAUS No. 15.

Extra Extra special congrats to me who complete and IMAUS No. 20 and didn't get run down by the great AP. But gee it was getting close!

Full

Race no.      Trannie name               Name                                           AG                      Finisher Time.

230                Clintred                       Clint Rowlings                             M30-34                09:39

1014              Turbo Simon               Simon Borrill                               M50.54                10:46

694               Trickle                        Sean Dench                                 M40-44               11:32

231               K3vski                        Kevin Siah                                    M35-39               10:42

562               Herby                         Matt Herbert                                M35-39               11:05

1115            Youngy                       Tony Young                                 M45-49                11:57

19106          IronmanFoz               Andrew Foster                            M50 – 54            12:02 

17-058         AP                              Allan Pitman                                M70-74                 12:13

296              Tall Paul                    Paul Marshall                               M45 - 49              12:20

985              Youngy2                    Gayle Young                                 F50-54                  12:30

558              The New Guy            Nick Hall                                       M35 – 39             12:52

286              Badger77                   Staff Hurlston                              M50-54                13:14

1048            Rory-dognz                Richard Houghton                       M50 - 54             13:39

14266          Dave T                        David Thornton                           M55 -59               14:29

30-009         Paul Every                  Paul Every                                    M50 - 54              14:34

12332          noknees                     Chris Ernst                                   M50 – 54             14:47 

245              Blobby                        Stephen White                             M50 – 54             Last split (9km Run)

16276         Pete Wood - No Split after Bike :(

Extra special congrats to the Wombattri and Flanman in the 70.3 - Why - because you are self appointed Silver and Bronze Wankers. :)

Race no.         Trannie name              Name                                             AG                                           Finisher Time.

2533              Wombattri                  Andrew Ritter                       M40-44 (Silver wanker)                04:54

2333               toolex                        Alex Hill                                  M35-39                                            05:27

2475              sme1414                   Shaun Edwards                     M40-44                                            06:03

2929              Flanman                     Michael Flanagan                 M55-59 (Bronze Wanker 😎      06:24

2983              Goodcatch                 Kevin Dixon                            M60-64                                           07:00

2589               MissJess                   Jessica Edwards                  F40-44                                             08:15

Thanks for putting this together! Well done to everyone who toed the start line on the day. While the weather was favourable, no Ironman or 70.3 is ever easy, especially on this challenging course. Congrats to all!

• Like 3

Does the trophy have all 15 of your finishing times engraved on it? That's cool & a nice touch from IM. This is the type of thing I would like to see IM spending the money on rather than a nice warm room & big stage for the Kona roll down.

18 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Does the trophy have all 15 of your finishing times engraved on it? That's cool & a nice touch from IM. This is the type of thing I would like to see IM spending the money on rather than a nice warm room & big stage for the Kona roll down.

They've always engraved the finish times on the multi finisher's trophies - The roll downs and presentations have not been the same since you stopped coming - I look forward to giving you a wave next year 😎

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AP said:

They've always engraved the finish times on the multi finisher's trophies - The roll downs and presentations have not been the same since you stopped coming - I look forward to giving you a wave next year 😎

Fingers crossed you get your shirt off & flex on stage. 

Congrats you two. A fantastic achievement. You should be very proud. 

FM

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Dave T said:

Having got through my #15, I received my complimentary entry into IMOz 2019 yesterday.

I guess I'll now have to front up again with you. Bring it on.

3 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I guess I'll now have to front up again with you. Bring it on.

Be careful.

If you do #21, you know you'll need to do #22,#23,#24 so you can get to the 25-times Finishers club.

As an aside, I received King Ken's book in the mail yesterday. In the photo section there's a photo of Dick Quinn, Bob Scammell and Dave Ross on stage receiving their 15-Times finishers trophies.

(a) The trophies were better "back in the day" ( Not by much, I still think the one I got is pretty bloody good. Just sayin')

(b) They were given a free entry to KONA !!!!

WTC sure have tightened the purse strings over the years.😂

• Like 3

I actually think ironman should give everyone a spot to Kona ever 15 Ironmans you do. That’s a shit load of cash and commitment for athletes. And time. 

Fyi. I’ve only done 10. 

• Like 1