Peter

I’ll never buy 2XU clothing again

Can just see some hipster in Rapha gear wondering who would be stupid enough to spend $500 on Kanye bike shorts. 

I've never liked the stuff as it just didn't fit my .... unique .... body! Definitely wouldn't buy it now!

I have a pair of their socks. I think that is the correct amount to own.

The whole clothing/ activewear/ tri wear space is very interesting. I’d like to see Gruen have a take on it. 

There seems to be very little comment about garment quality or brand heritage or anything of substance etc it really just seems to be a triumph of marketing above anything else. 

Anyone got any experience with Fusion gear?

I could tell you what I think but I've never had a thread pulled (on here that is, diff story with some "active wear" both literally and metaphorically).

17 minutes ago, xblane said:

Great kit, and you get a discount for being a Tranny. 

6 hours ago, roxii said:

Can just see some hipster in Rapha gear wondering who would be stupid enough to spend $500 on Kanye bike shorts. 

Rapha  is low rent these days Ashmei is where it's at 😎

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Rapha  is low rent these. Ashmei is were it's at 😎

235 quid. Holy crap. 

40 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Still wearing stuff from 2007.  

I saw a "first photo" on Facebook the other day which was inexplicably myself and my good friend with our pants out. I still have those pants. 14 years later.

30 minutes ago, monkie said:

I saw a "first photo" on Facebook the other day which was inexplicably myself and my good friend with our pants out. I still have those pants. 14 years later.

I use Orca (wetsuits and bathers), Pearl Izumi (cycling, running) and De Soto (Tri) .... it's excellent quality, all reasonably priced and lasts. I  still have a tri suit that I bought in 2003.

The rest is just marketing and fads. There is a well-known brand of poor quality over here where it is more about the "lifestyle" than the output!

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I use Orca (wetsuits and bathers), Pearl Izumi (cycling, running) and De Soto (Tri) .... it's excellent quality, all reasonably priced and lasts. I  still have a tri suit that I bought in 2003.

The rest is just marketing and fads. There is a well-known brand of poor quality over here where it is more about the "lifestyle" than the output!

I've still got a pristine Tinley Trisuit from 1991. Beat that. Tinley performance wear was where it was all at ......until reebok bought him out. Best decision he ever made.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2018 at 7:57 PM, xblane said:

I've been using Fusion for a few years, good quality and John's customer service is second to none.

On 11/05/2018 at 3:37 PM, IronmanFoz said:

I've still got a pristine Tinley Trisuit from 1991. Beat that. Tinley performance wear was where it was all at ......until reebok bought him out. Best decision he ever made.

I have one of those as well and the quality was awesome (it's a little too "top-shelf" these days). I also have the Tinley smugglers and one of the crop-top singlets Welchy wore in Kona back in 92 (I think) that gets wheeled out for Tri Club piss-ups with a retro theme.

Doesn't quite fit the same anymore!

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Doesn't quite fit the same anymore!

I hate it when my clothes shrink too :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An excerpt from an old post on slowtwitch referencing about 1989 

Oh man how the times have changed. I remember when Scott Tinley showed up at Gulf Coast in his Tinley Tri Suit and people snickered and shook their heads.

Is Kanye West a rapper? I thought he was an actor :lol: and a bad one sounding more like an R&B artist. 

This is a major credibility loss for 2XU, straight to Target! 

Edited by Slowman