Sign in to follow this  
Cat Lady

Magnetic Island Triathlon

ooo, just saw this https://www.nqtriathlonacademy.com/magnetic-island-triathlon

inaugural race in October.  Sprint distance, with lots of hills! beach running! and swimming over the reef.  Sounds lovely!  Was up there last year after the Townsville triathlon and can't think of a move lovely place for a race. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope to do the Magnetic Island to Townsville swim in late July, if I can secure a paddler

Yeah nq tri academy is a new club last year, they split from the free radicals up there to start up, this year is their first full year of events, they have the Maggie island one, the townsman which is done over three days incorporating the tsv running festival on the last day, the charters towers triathlon (which I think was recently) also have the three peaks challenge up there etc. 

1 hour ago, Mike Del said:

I hope to do the Magnetic Island to Townsville swim in late July, if I can secure a paddler

Get in touch with Joel from adventurethon and ask him if he knows any one willing, he’s has shitloads of contacts for paddling or Sam Steadman from outer limits fitness, he’s the other paddle nutter up there 

6 hours ago, KieranR said:

Yeah nq tri academy is a new club last year, they split from the free radicals up there to start up, this year is their first full year of events, they have the Maggie island one, the townsman which is done over three days incorporating the tsv running festival on the last day, the charters towers triathlon (which I think was recently) also have the three peaks challenge up there etc. 

Yes Graham has started up his own cult up here😕

15 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Have you asked Roxii to paddle for you?  😉