Andrew #1

Winterfish 2018

9 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I need someone to add in my entry please. I did 3.9km this morning. I can't enter it at school because it won't let the file be opened, and I can't do it on my phone either. :(

Done, wish I knew how to edit when using the phone

14 minutes ago, Limited said:

Done, wish I knew how to edit when using the phone

You have to have the Sheets app on your phone to edit.

54 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I need someone to add in my entry please. I did 3.9km this morning. I can't enter it at school because it won't let the file be opened, and I can't do it on my phone either. :(

You need to use the laptop you bought for your daughter.

• Haha 1

3.5km after work at lunch time 

4 x 800m and a few 100's to finish off. Haven't uploaded it yet as it's straight from the pool to my daughter's school where I coach the netball team she plays in. 

After her Mum picks her up later I will swim again. 

Really struggled in the water today. Didn't come good till about 2.7km into it. 

We'll make a swimmer out of you yet.

Don't go too overboard though. And take care of your shoulders. You don't want to be injured at both ends.

• Like 2

Sounds like a party I went to once.... 

"injured at both ends".... LOL 

Na, all good. Definitely being totally sensible with the intensity. 

Some here will have kittens but I don't ****ing care.... ALL MY SWIMMING IS EASY TO JUST ABOVE EASY EFFORT. I was told "tired arms not lungs" and "patience mate". And it's worked in the pool thus far so I will be sticking to it. 😎🤘

If I'd applied the same level of maturity to my cycling I would not have gotten injured. 

Cheers Ex 👍👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Second swim done.

3.5km as

200 WU

3 x 1km

3 x 100 CD

7km day.

• Like 4

3 x 1.7km laps in the dam this morning. Each one a minute faster than the one before, then did the last 500m nearly as hard as I could.

It's getting colder, but I've learnt that once I'm in & going I can get through to the end (at least till it gets a little colder). 

• Like 1

I'd love to have the opportunity to get lots of ows done. My work and life schedule dictates otherwise. 

I ****ing suck at ows. But it is a work in progress. 

Is there anything you can put on your body besides a wetsuit to ward off stingers? I'm thinking ahead for next summer. I'm not tough enough to put up with the stings on my neck and arms. Face I can't do anything about. 

10 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Is there anything you can put on your body besides a wetsuit to ward off stingers? I'm thinking ahead for next summer. I'm not tough enough to put up with the stings on my neck and arms. Face I can't do anything about.

Use a sleeved tri suit if you can find one for an acceptable price.

Pantyhose used to be the go in NQ before lycra became popular, but you could throw tights (or pantyhose) under your togs, and use a very tight fitting rashie.

• Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, Tyno said:

You have to have the Sheets app on your phone to edit.

I have too many apps on my phone to add any more! For some reason I can't move them to my SD card ... but that's a whole other thread!

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 1:25 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You need to use the laptop you bought for your daughter.

LOL. You mean the one I spent 4 hours on the phone to a Dell tec yesterday trying to fix because some windows update stopped her keyboard and USB ports from working?  Good idea, except I only have access to that when I am at home and then I always forget! LOL

50 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Pantyhose used to be the go in NQ before lycra became popular, but you could throw tights (or pantyhose) under your togs, and use a very tight fitting rashie.

If you're wearing pantyhose, please post a photo!

Can someone please add me for Tuesday 3km and Wednesday 3.2km this week? Thanks  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yeah I thought of a tight rashie. 👍

And Cranky..... No... LOL I won't cross dress and post it on here 😂 the internet is forever 😂😂👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FFF1077 said:

Yeah I thought of a tight rashie. 👍

And Cranky..... No... LOL I won't cross dress and post it on here 😂 the internet is forever 😂😂👍

But this IS TRANNIES!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cranky said:

But this IS TRANNIES!

True 😂😂

Winter Soltice falls during the Winterfish this year on Thursday 21st of June.

Who wants to do a celebratory long Open Water Swim?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

*crickets.... 

I will be swimming. Not OW or by your standards long. But I will swim 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

ok.

• Like 1

3km

Felt really hard work at the begginning....Then I realised I was swimming waaayyyy to fast for the session. I was intending to go super duper easy and flush out the shoulders etc. Life stresses being taken out in the pool....LOL

Once I realised I backed off.

10km for this week. Next session is Next Tuesday. Stretching and stuff till then.

Keep it up all😎🤘

3.1km today in the pool. It's soooo much warmer than the dam, and people were still complaining it's cold. I suppose it's what you get used to.

500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 100.........400, 500, 100W/D. 

It felt good to blow the cobwebs out again with some quick stuff. And having someone in the next lane doing 1:25's to 1:30's was helpful too. I just wish it hadn't been medleys he was doing at that pace. :(

On 16/05/2018 at 7:39 AM, FFF1077 said:

I'd love to have the opportunity to get lots of ows done. My work and life schedule dictates otherwise. 

Mate I got stung so badly it's left a 50c sized scar. That was in Sorrento shark net. It's terrible there over summer. Maybe a thick suncream like banana boat lathered on or vaseline? 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It felt good to blow the cobwebs out again with some quick stuff. And having someone in the next lane doing 1:25's to 1:30's was helpful too. I just wish it hadn't been medleys he was doing at that pace. :(

I got lapped the other day by a girl from squad............ she was doing butterfly kick on her back no fins. I think I should just give up :sadwalk:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 16/05/2018 at 9:39 AM, FFF1077 said:

Get some burly from your local bait shop. Apply liberally. Stingers hate it... biters might love it

8 hours ago, zed said:

Mate I got stung so badly it's left a 50c sized scar. That was in Sorrento shark net. It's terrible there over summer. Maybe a thick suncream like banana boat lathered on or vaseline? 

Yeah I got ****ing smashed over summer there too. All over the face. No permanent damage to the money maker but it was ****ed 

• Sad 1