Andrew #1

Winterfish 2018

5 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

no, what's really sad is when you are doing 5 x 100 with paddles AND flippers and the woman in the lane next to you is keeping pace (actually passing but I can hardly bare type that) doing breast stroke.... 

But you are there. 99% of people aren't.

• Like 1

I'm starting to see some improvement, starting to get the feel the water and when my form is going.

I tried Andrews champion set from the other thread, the last 100 was hard but not quick

• Like 2

Missed this evening. Massive day at work. 

I'm free this weekend so I can log more kms. 

How long to go? 

28 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

How long to go? 

Heaps of time.

I just got a FB notification that the crew are doing a long swim at the dam on Sunday. Cranky,  you said last time you should have joined in, so this is your chance. Could be a big week this week. :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Heaps of time.

I just got a FB notification that the crew are doing a long swim at the dam on Sunday. Cranky,  you said last time you should have joined in, so this is your chance. Could be a big week this week. :)

What time?

5:45am 

I'm in

Anyone else who swims snail pace want to join me? There are all too fast for me!

8 minutes ago, Cranky said:

5:45am 

I'm in

Anyone else who swims snail pace want to join me? There are all too fast for me!

5:45 start. You can sleep in. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

How long to go? 

You swimming today mate?

10 hours ago, zed said:

You swimming today mate?

Yeah I did. After work though. Only 3km. 

Plus the hours I spent drenched today delivering 😂😂😂🤘😎😂

On 23/05/2018 at 8:51 AM, Limited said:

I'm starting to see some improvement, starting to get the feel the water and when my form is going.

I tried Andrews champion set from the other thread, the last 100 was hard but not quick

Take another 30 seconds or a minute rest before your timed 100 - it’s all about speed. ‘I feel the need, for speed’.

I’ve done 3 session this week thus far:

2.5km, Tuesday, 1.7km Wednesday and 3km today. Not great. but ok I suppose.

Hey I can't see the fancy total /kms to go coulom on the spreadsheet..? Any ideas? 

3 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Hey I can't see the fancy total /kms to go coulom on the spreadsheet..? Any ideas? 

It's still there for me.

image.png.d6b0e45c4c940099fdc31934f5736a15.png

In case you needed it.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Why do you get yours coloured green? Can I be pink?

17 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Is this better?

image.png.1aa5eaf3fa442d76cb890fc68d72fc2c.png

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Just go in and select your name by tapping on it, go to the change cell colour, bamo! LOL 

I did it so it's easier to find with my glasses off 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cranky said:

The initial version your name was green if you were on target for the 50 or the 100.

3 hours ago, Tyno said:

The initial version your name was green if you were on target for the 50 or the 100.

HAHAHAHA

No way mate.... Don't do that to me....LOL

5km in the 25m pool

12 x 400 as

200 Med Paddles?Bouy

100 BIG Paddles/Bouy

100 Bouy

2 x 100 super slow cooldown

Carb replacement in full swing. Beer now, shower and trendy kit on and off to a "friends" place for seafood pasta and a bottle of Margret River white.

Aiming for 4km tomorrow at some point.....

Had planned to catch up on lost kms due to race taper this week, but heading bush instead tomorrow. So even more behind this week. Got sone catch up to do over the next few weeks *humph*

34 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

5km in the 25m pool

Aiming for 4km tomorrow at some point.....

I think you should be changing yours to at least 100k FFF. :)

• Thanks 1

All this training......

fell asleep on the lounge

woke up with no neck rotation

a week plus out of the pool (I do so like having the whole 50m to myself)

nearly that much off the bike and run.

could not take it after 4 days - snuck in an hour and a bit upright on the windtrainer ...

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think you should be changing yours to at least 100k FFF. :)

I'll tick the 50km box then.... 

13 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

I'll tick the 50km box then.... 

You'll tick that this week.

And Cranky is seeing the benefit of all the extra swim work she's been doing while hobbling about in a moon boot. Impressive swim at the dam this morning. Overall time was slow due to the mucking around waiting for some, but you held pretty good pace during the long sections.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You'll tick that this week.

And Cranky is seeing the benefit of all the extra swim work she's been doing while hobbling about in a moon boot. Impressive swim at the dam this morning. Overall time was slow due to the mucking around waiting for some, but you held pretty good pace during the long sections.

I don't think I can take the credit. I think it was the wetsuit! But thanks.

4km in 25m pool

40 x 100 as

100 Bouy only

100 Medium Paddles/Bouy

Ripped out a fast* 100 bouy only in the middle of it all... 1:43...!!! Pretty sure I saw Jesus and heard Danger Zone during the effort.

Tired now. Going to eat steak. Woo Hoo 😀🤣

*fast being relative to ability and history and other frequent excuses....

Edited by FFF1077
details

Going bush got canned at the very start of the hike due to way too much smoke from backburning, so Tonto pool and caught up some. Still a little behind.

This is definitely motivating me to keep the swimming up as there have been times that I've said f*$k it, I'm not swimming... But winterfish! I'll be behind!

And I just logged onto the spreadsheet to log my swim and I think someone needs to sit Cranky down and have a chat. It appears he needs some guidance on goal setting 😜

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

And I just logged onto the spreadsheet to log my swim and I think someone needs to sit Cranky down and have a chat. It appears he needs some guidance on goal setting 😜

FFF is worse. He's going to hit his goal in 2 days, less than half way through the 50 days. I may go in and reset his expectations. :devil2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

FFF is worse. He's going to hit his goal in 2 days, less than half way through the 50 days. I may go in and reset his expectations. :devil2:

That's evil and ridiculous. Great excuse to chase that elusive 100x100 I've always dreamed of. 

Where do I sign up?? LOL 

YEOW 😎🤘

#notblessed #juststupid #ridegiant #gooddayz #winterfish #petesahipster 

Edited by FFF1077
Details

1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

That's evil and ridiculous. Great excuse to chase that elusive 100x100 I've always dreamed of. 

Where do I sign up?? LOL 

You just did.

image.png.32cecdebc3e0baf37ba282df74006ded.png

1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You just did.

image.png.32cecdebc3e0baf37ba282df74006ded.png

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💩

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think there are at least 2 more who need "resetting" 😆

I’m gorne. Came down with the start of a cold on Friday after my 100M descending session. After my 3hr Kickr session yesterday (@80% FTP) my cold became full blown, so no swimming or running this weekend - which was supposed to be my last big training block before Cairns. 

Not happy, Jan!

^^^ shite. Trust in the training already done. Last big block missing wont kill what you've already done. 

If it's the neck or above you can keep moving, right? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

I’m gorne. Came down with the start of a cold on Friday after my 100M descending session. After my 3hr Kickr session yesterday (@80% FTP) my cold became full blown, so no swimming or running this weekend - which was supposed to be my last big training block before Cairns. 

Not happy, Jan!

I hope it's not Man-Flu Andrew. If so, there's always next year (if you pull through).

BF is right. Take it easy now and focus on getting to the race healthy.

15 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

4km in 25m pool

40 x 100 as

100 Bouy 

Tired now. Going to eat steak. Woo Hoo 😀🤣

Please don't mention food. I'm hungry and that is not helping. 

12 hours ago, BogFrog said:

SHE

I like to underestimate. I preform better when I'm achieving my goals and can then adjust.  Mind you the school pool just closed for 12 weeks so swimming won't be so convenient now :(

...unless those dam Sunday sessions at Enoggera continue. Then I can do 2 x squad, 1 after school at Chermside, 1 × dam session. 

8 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Not happy, Jan!

You'll be fine. That happened to me 2016 Cairns IM. Cleared up the day before.  Had a cracker race.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cranky said:

...unless those dam Sunday sessions at Enoggera continue. Then I can do 2 x squad, 1 after school at Chermside, 1 × dam session. 

Of course they will. 

The eels would get lonely without us. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Of course they will. 

Shut up about the eels!!!!

If I pretend they're not there, I'll be OK. 

13 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Of course they will. 

Most native species of freshwater eels actually swim to islands in the South Pacific to breed. If their path is blocked they are even known to slither across land to get to an estuary leading to the sea. On the way back they have been known to negotiate barriers as high as Waragambah dam to get into their home range.  Fun facts.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3291553.htm

Edited by Andrew #1

These ones scare the hell out of some of the more delicate swimmers in the early morning. They laze close to the surface in the pre-dawn and it's not uncommon to accidentally punch or hit them with your hand as you swim. They are up to 6 foot long and big enough to feel like you are hitting a solid object with your hand.

I grew up in the area & we used to catch them downstream when we were kids.

8 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Most native species of freshwater eels actually swim to islands in the South Pacific to breed. If their path is blocked they are even known to slither across land to get to an estuary leading to the sea. On the way back they have been known to negotiate barriers as high as Waragambah dam to get into their home range.  Fun facts.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3291553.htm

6 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

These ones scare the hell out of some of the more delicate swimmers in the early morning. They laze close to the surface in the pre-dawn and it's not uncommon to accidentally punch or hit them with your hand as you swim. They are up to 6 foot long and big enough to feel like you are hitting a solid object with your hand.

I grew up in the area & we used to catch them downstream when we were kids.

The only eel stories I want to hear are how they won't hurt me!!

7 minutes ago, Cranky said:

They won't hurt you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Oh. Like the Parramatta Eels.

• Haha 2

1.2km outside

Tired from work and life. Thursday and Saturday are my other swim days this week.

18 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

1.2km outside

Tired from work and life. Thursday and Saturday are my other swim days this week.

I feel a bit the same. 2 days sleep-in for me. I have to take the car in tomorrow, so will be stopping by the dam for sure.

Then off to UofQ to hopefully begin as a subject in a long term study on patello-femoral arthritis.

I feel a bit the same. 2 days sleep-in for me. I have to take the car in tomorrow, so will be stopping by the dam for sure.

Then off to UofQ to hopefully begin as a subject in a long term study on patello-femoral arthritis.

Awesome. Enjoy the probing 👌💩👈😂😂

55 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

MAN FLU 

5 days off everything. 

Noooooooooooo............

On 29/05/2018 at 4:32 PM, FFF1077 said:

Awesome. Enjoy the probing 👌💩👈😂😂

Had my probing, and apparently I'm in. 12 weeks of just continuing what I'm doing, and then a comparison to today's probing & questions. Then I get fitted for some orthotic interventions. It may do nothing, but then so has the physio/acupuncture/rest/exercise that I've been doing so far. Best case scenario, it helps some.

Anyway, the real reason I'm here. I did 2.7km this morning, and then this afternoon I had enough time for 1 quick lap to the end buoy & back between the study kick-off/Xrays, and then the dentist. No warm-up, just in & off. 

12:45 down (5 sec from PB for 1 length) & 12:37 back (new PB) for a 25:22. I had a target of 25:30 for the season, and a stretch of 25. Really happy with this, as I haven't beaten 26 previously.

Pool tomorrow, short one in the dam before the plasma donation on Friday, then maybe try 50 x 100 on Saturday. Cranky, if you want to swim Sunday, I'll probably head off at 6am. I left at 5:20 this morning under the light of the moon, and got that pestered by eels that I'm not going to do it again. I must have hit, or brushed against over a dozen of them, including one that jumped when my hand hit it and landed on me.

• Like 2

Ex, it's not too late to edit out all the eel talk to increase your chances of Cranky showing ......

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Ex, it's not too late to edit out all the eel talk to increase your chances of Cranky showing ......

They was freaky this morning. It may have been the full moon. 

They disappear down into the depths after sunrise, so 6am will be fine.