Jump to content
Andrew #1

Winterfish 2018

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

no, what's really sad is when you are doing 5 x 100 with paddles AND flippers and the woman in the lane next to you is keeping pace (actually passing but I can hardly bare type that) doing breast stroke.... 

But you are there. 99% of people aren't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to see some improvement, starting to get the feel the water and when my form is going.

I tried Andrews champion set from the other thread, the last 100 was hard but not quick

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missed this evening. Massive day at work. 

I'm free this weekend so I can log more kms. 

 

How long to go? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Missed this evening. Massive day at work. 

I'm free this weekend so I can log more kms. 

 

How long to go? 

Heaps of time.

I just got a FB notification that the crew are doing a long swim at the dam on Sunday. Cranky,  you said last time you should have joined in, so this is your chance. Could be a big week this week. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Heaps of time.

I just got a FB notification that the crew are doing a long swim at the dam on Sunday. Cranky,  you said last time you should have joined in, so this is your chance. Could be a big week this week. :)

What time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5:45am 

I'm in

Anyone else who swims snail pace want to join me? There are all too fast for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cranky said:

5:45am 

I'm in

Anyone else who swims snail pace want to join me? There are all too fast for me!

5:45 start. You can sleep in. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Missed this evening. Massive day at work. 

I'm free this weekend so I can log more kms. 

 

How long to go? 

You swimming today mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zed said:

You swimming today mate?

Yeah I did. After work though. Only 3km. 

 

Plus the hours I spent drenched today delivering 😂😂😂🤘😎😂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/05/2018 at 8:51 AM, Limited said:

I'm starting to see some improvement, starting to get the feel the water and when my form is going.

I tried Andrews champion set from the other thread, the last 100 was hard but not quick

Take another 30 seconds or a minute rest before your timed 100 - it’s all about speed. ‘I feel the need, for speed’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve done 3 session this week thus far:

 

2.5km, Tuesday, 1.7km Wednesday and 3km today. Not great. but ok I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I can't see the fancy total /kms to go coulom on the spreadsheet..? Any ideas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Hey I can't see the fancy total /kms to go coulom on the spreadsheet..? Any ideas? 

It's still there for me.

image.png.d6b0e45c4c940099fdc31934f5736a15.png

 

In case you needed it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Hey I can't see the fancy total /kms to go coulom on the spreadsheet..? Any ideas? 

Why do you get yours coloured green? Can I be pink?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Why do you get yours coloured green? Can I be pink?

Is this better?

image.png.1aa5eaf3fa442d76cb890fc68d72fc2c.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Why do you get yours coloured green? Can I be pink?

Just go in and select your name by tapping on it, go to the change cell colour, bamo! LOL 

I did it so it's easier to find with my glasses off 😂😂😂😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cranky said:

Why do you get yours coloured green? Can I be pink?

The initial version your name was green if you were on target for the 50 or the 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tyno said:

The initial version your name was green if you were on target for the 50 or the 100.

HAHAHAHA

No way mate.... Don't do that to me....LOL

 

 

5km in the 25m pool

 

12 x 400 as

 

200 Med Paddles?Bouy

100 BIG Paddles/Bouy

100 Bouy

 

2 x 100 super slow cooldown

 

Carb replacement in full swing. Beer now, shower and trendy kit on and off to a "friends" place for seafood pasta and a bottle of Margret River white.

 

Aiming for 4km tomorrow at some point.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had planned to catch up on lost kms due to race taper this week, but heading bush instead tomorrow. So even more behind this week. Got sone catch up to do over the next few weeks *humph*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

5km in the 25m pool

....

Aiming for 4km tomorrow at some point.....

I think you should be changing yours to at least 100k FFF. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this training......

fell asleep on the lounge

woke up with no neck rotation

a week plus out of the pool (I do so like having the whole 50m to myself)

nearly that much off the bike and run.

could not take it after 4 days - snuck in an hour and a bit upright on the windtrainer ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I think you should be changing yours to at least 100k FFF. :)

I'll tick the 50km box then.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

I'll tick the 50km box then.... 

You'll tick that this week.

 

And Cranky is seeing the benefit of all the extra swim work she's been doing while hobbling about in a moon boot. Impressive swim at the dam this morning. Overall time was slow due to the mucking around waiting for some, but you held pretty good pace during the long sections.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You'll tick that this week.

 

And Cranky is seeing the benefit of all the extra swim work she's been doing while hobbling about in a moon boot. Impressive swim at the dam this morning. Overall time was slow due to the mucking around waiting for some, but you held pretty good pace during the long sections.

I don't think I can take the credit. I think it was the wetsuit! But thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4km in 25m pool

 

40 x 100 as

 

100 Bouy only

100 Medium Paddles/Bouy

 

Ripped out a fast* 100 bouy only in the middle of it all... 1:43...!!! Pretty sure I saw Jesus and heard Danger Zone during the effort.

 

Tired now. Going to eat steak. Woo Hoo 😀🤣

 

 

*fast being relative to ability and history and other frequent excuses....

Edited by FFF1077
details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going bush got canned at the very start of the hike due to way too much smoke from backburning, so Tonto pool and caught up some. Still a little behind.

This is definitely motivating me to keep the swimming up as there have been times that I've said f*$k it, I'm not swimming... But winterfish! I'll be behind!

And I just logged onto the spreadsheet to log my swim and I think someone needs to sit Cranky down and have a chat. It appears he needs some guidance on goal setting 😜

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

And I just logged onto the spreadsheet to log my swim and I think someone needs to sit Cranky down and have a chat. It appears he needs some guidance on goal setting 😜

FFF is worse. He's going to hit his goal in 2 days, less than half way through the 50 days. I may go in and reset his expectations. :devil2:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

FFF is worse. He's going to hit his goal in 2 days, less than half way through the 50 days. I may go in and reset his expectations. :devil2:

That's evil and ridiculous. Great excuse to chase that elusive 100x100 I've always dreamed of. 

 

Where do I sign up?? LOL 

 

YEOW 😎🤘

#notblessed #juststupid #ridegiant #gooddayz #winterfish #petesahipster 

Edited by FFF1077
Details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FFF1077 said:

That's evil and ridiculous. Great excuse to chase that elusive 100x100 I've always dreamed of. 

 

Where do I sign up?? LOL 

You just did.

image.png.32cecdebc3e0baf37ba282df74006ded.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You just did.

image.png.32cecdebc3e0baf37ba282df74006ded.png

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

FFF is worse. He's going to hit his goal in 2 days, less than half way through the 50 days. I may go in and reset his expectations. :devil2:

I think there are at least 2 more who need "resetting" 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gorne. Came down with the start of a cold on Friday after my 100M descending session. After my 3hr Kickr session yesterday (@80% FTP) my cold became full blown, so no swimming or running this weekend - which was supposed to be my last big training block before Cairns. 

Not happy, Jan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ shite. Trust in the training already done. Last big block missing wont kill what you've already done. 

If it's the neck or above you can keep moving, right? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

I’m gorne. Came down with the start of a cold on Friday after my 100M descending session. After my 3hr Kickr session yesterday (@80% FTP) my cold became full blown, so no swimming or running this weekend - which was supposed to be my last big training block before Cairns. 

Not happy, Jan!

I hope it's not Man-Flu Andrew. If so, there's always next year (if you pull through).

 

BF is right. Take it easy now and focus on getting to the race healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

4km in 25m pool

 

40 x 100 as

 

100 Bouy 

Tired now. Going to eat steak. Woo Hoo 😀🤣

 

Please don't mention food. I'm hungry and that is not helping. 

12 hours ago, BogFrog said:

 

And I just logged onto the spreadsheet to log my swim and I think someone needs to sit Cranky down and have a chat. It appears he needs some guidance on goal setting 😜

SHE

I like to underestimate. I preform better when I'm achieving my goals and can then adjust.  Mind you the school pool just closed for 12 weeks so swimming won't be so convenient now :(

 

...unless those dam Sunday sessions at Enoggera continue. Then I can do 2 x squad, 1 after school at Chermside, 1 × dam session. 

8 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

I’m gorne. Came down with the start of a cold on Friday after my 100M descending session. After my 3hr Kickr session yesterday (@80% FTP) my cold became full blown, so no swimming or running this weekend - which was supposed to be my last big training block before Cairns. 

Not happy, Jan!

You'll be fine. That happened to me 2016 Cairns IM. Cleared up the day before.  Had a cracker race.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cranky said:

...unless those dam Sunday sessions at Enoggera continue. Then I can do 2 x squad, 1 after school at Chermside, 1 × dam session. 

Of course they will. 

The eels would get lonely without us. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Of course they will. 

The eels would get lonely without us. :)

Shut up about the eels!!!!

If I pretend they're not there, I'll be OK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Of course they will. 

The eels would get lonely without us. :)

Most native species of freshwater eels actually swim to islands in the South Pacific to breed. If their path is blocked they are even known to slither across land to get to an estuary leading to the sea. On the way back they have been known to negotiate barriers as high as Waragambah dam to get into their home range.  Fun facts.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3291553.htm

Edited by Andrew #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These ones scare the hell out of some of the more delicate swimmers in the early morning. They laze close to the surface in the pre-dawn and it's not uncommon to accidentally punch or hit them with your hand as you swim. They are up to 6 foot long and big enough to feel like you are hitting a solid object with your hand.

I grew up in the area & we used to catch them downstream when we were kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Most native species of freshwater eels actually swim to islands in the South Pacific to breed. If their path is blocked they are even known to slither across land to get to an estuary leading to the sea. On the way back they have been known to negotiate barriers as high as Waragambah dam to get into their home range.  Fun facts.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3291553.htm

 

6 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

These ones scare the hell out of some of the more delicate swimmers in the early morning. They laze close to the surface in the pre-dawn and it's not uncommon to accidentally punch or hit them with your hand as you swim. They are up to 6 foot long and big enough to feel like you are hitting a solid object with your hand.

I grew up in the area & we used to catch them downstream when we were kids.

The only eel stories I want to hear are how they won't hurt me!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cranky said:

 

The only eel stories I want to hear are how they won't hurt me!!

They won't hurt you.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cranky said:

 

The only eel stories I want to hear are how they won't hurt me!!

Oh. Like the Parramatta Eels.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.2km outside

 

Tired from work and life. Thursday and Saturday are my other swim days this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

1.2km outside

 

Tired from work and life. Thursday and Saturday are my other swim days this week.

I feel a bit the same. 2 days sleep-in for me. I have to take the car in tomorrow, so will be stopping by the dam for sure.

Then off to UofQ to hopefully begin as a subject in a long term study on patello-femoral arthritis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I feel a bit the same. 2 days sleep-in for me. I have to take the car in tomorrow, so will be stopping by the dam for sure.

Then off to UofQ to hopefully begin as a subject in a long term study on patello-femoral arthritis.

Awesome. Enjoy the probing 👌💩👈😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

MAN FLU 

 

5 days off everything. 

Noooooooooooo............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/05/2018 at 4:32 PM, FFF1077 said:

Awesome. Enjoy the probing 👌💩👈😂😂

Had my probing, and apparently I'm in. 12 weeks of just continuing what I'm doing, and then a comparison to today's probing & questions. Then I get fitted for some orthotic interventions. It may do nothing, but then so has the physio/acupuncture/rest/exercise that I've been doing so far. Best case scenario, it helps some.

Anyway, the real reason I'm here. I did 2.7km this morning, and then this afternoon I had enough time for 1 quick lap to the end buoy & back between the study kick-off/Xrays, and then the dentist. No warm-up, just in & off. 

12:45 down (5 sec from PB for 1 length) & 12:37 back (new PB) for a 25:22. I had a target of 25:30 for the season, and a stretch of 25. Really happy with this, as I haven't beaten 26 previously.

Pool tomorrow, short one in the dam before the plasma donation on Friday, then maybe try 50 x 100 on Saturday. Cranky, if you want to swim Sunday, I'll probably head off at 6am. I left at 5:20 this morning under the light of the moon, and got that pestered by eels that I'm not going to do it again. I must have hit, or brushed against over a dozen of them, including one that jumped when my hand hit it and landed on me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ex, it's not too late to edit out all the eel talk to increase your chances of Cranky showing ......

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Ex, it's not too late to edit out all the eel talk to increase your chances of Cranky showing ......

They was freaky this morning. It may have been the full moon. 

They disappear down into the depths after sunrise, so 6am will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×