Andrew #1

Winterfish 2018

On 04/08/2018 at 5:25 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Cranky, are you coming along to the dam tomorrow to celebrate Mary's successful Channel swim? 5:30 in the carpark. Wetsuits are allowed.

Sorry. I was up the coast. Girls weekend!!! It was much nicer than hypothermia 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Sorry. I was up the coast. Girls weekend!!! It was much nicer than hypothermia 🤣

Well that's just not good enough. How will you KQ again, or is that still hush-hush? ;)

3.1km this morning. Started off about 1:48 pace, gradually dropping to 1:43 pace, with a few surges. I felt a bit better this morning after a couple days off.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well that's just not good enough. How will you KQ again, or is that still hush-hush? ;)

🤐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/08/2018 at 9:31 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But Chocolate free August has just begun.

On 01/08/2018 at 3:30 PM, Mike Del said:

Noooooooo ..... that’s just crazy talk 

10 days gone. 21 to go. I've only fallen once, and I was tricked into that. My wife bought a bag of those large Dara Lea peppermint balls when we were out on a drive, and handed me one. It was in my mouth before I even thought about it. :(

14 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It was in my mouth before I even thought about it. :(

Quote from Lewinsky..... 

• Haha 3

Finished my 75km 

Thanks Ex for the push. 😎👍👍

REALLY looking forward to next year 😎💪🤔

• Like 5

Looks like I'm gonna fail at winterfish 2...  Did a ride this morning and I'm just too tired to swim now (and I can't be arsed). Ah well, it kept me motivated to 47.5km so not *really* a failure

3 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Looks like I'm gonna fail at winterfish 2...  Did a ride this morning and I'm just too tired to swim now (and I can't be arsed). Ah well, it kept me motivated to 47.5km so not *really* a failure

There's still tomorrow BF.

And good effort anyway.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

10 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Not a failure at all... nice work.

5k today, longest swim since the late 90's. I think that a double dose of Winterfish has helped me stay consistent.....

• Like 2

Just now, Nick777 said:

5k today, longest swim since the late 90's. I think that a double dose of Winterfish has helped me stay consistent.....

And all this with the season proper about to start. I think there'll be a lot of people swimming better than they thought they would by the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

There's still tomorrow BF.

And good effort anyway.

Monday is rest day, so nope - I'm a failure ;-P

48 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And all this with the season proper about to start. I think there'll be a lot of people swimming better than they thought they would by the end of the season.

Hope it helps others and it's been great following your dam exploits. Made me feel well soft!  I'm taking a wee break this season after worlds. The constant forcing myself to the pool when I don't want to go has taken its toll on me mentally - it's become a chore. The only tri I have penciled in this season is Huski sprint which I could do on zero training...  I'll just swim when I feel like it from Oct on...

2 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Monday is rest day, so nope - I'm a failure 😜

Hope it helps others and it's been great following your dam exploits. Made me feel well soft!  I'm taking a wee break this season after worlds. The constant forcing myself to the pool when I don't want to go has taken its toll on me mentally - it's become a chore. The only tri I have penciled in this season is Huski sprint which I could do on zero training...  I'll just swim when I feel like it from Oct on...

Personal worst ever Winterfish for me with a grand total of 2.5km out of both challenges. Its going on 3 months since my last swim and I'm really not missing it.. I'd love to say id filled the gap with other training but I'd be lying.. 😏

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Wanna start a duathlon club, Pieman? :)

Drinking and eating pies or chips the legs then yep..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

That's me. Back to pre-foot injury times! Yay!!

Thanks WF.

Now to update that spreadsheet! 🙄😂

Edited by Cranky

Didn't make my goal, but only due to having a virus which kept me off the street/pool for 10 days.  On a side note, the enforced rest broke my record of swimming at least twice a week for over a year 😢

• Like 1

Didn't make my goal either. Finished at 117 for this one, and was hoping to do another 125. I got back in the pool for the first time since June, & it bored me to tears. 

It was a lot warmer though. :)

• Like 1