Andrew #1

Winterfish 2018

3 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

I accindentilly set off a lady at the pool. I was resting between intervals and I commented on how lovely the weather is today.... Off she went....LOL..."Not as bad as Sunday, geez, 60kmh winds...etc etc etc"....

I was slightly scared so I pressed lap and swam away. Bit rude maybe but I was fearing for my life*😨

*sarcasm😄

haha

How's the training going anyway? You still riding with North Coast?

51 minutes ago, zed said:

haha

How's the training going anyway? You still riding with North Coast?

Limited by my ankle. My normal GP aggravated it this time last week. Was on crutches because of him. I won't be going back to him again. 

Unfortunately my netball coaching clashes with the usual Tri Club Saturday ride but with winter and the end of the season here there's a casual roll on a Sunday usually that I will get to. Weather permitted. I enjoyed the roll with them a while ago, naturally chased the fast folks, hung in there for a while. Good to let it all hang out and see where I am at....even with a cracked ankle 😂😂😂🤘 

Back and hip flexors are coming good. Still get angry if I indulge too much. 

Might just join again socially and do a bit when I can. Nice people. I have a friend who I can ride with when she's not working(nurse) and a guy from work. 

Just laid down my savings for a new head unit(Element) and P1's so I can get more quality out on the road and not just indoors on the Kickr. Keen to get amongst the numbers and correlate that to the breath markers/feelings I have been going by. 

You going around in December? Or choosing elsewhere? 

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

2900m for me last night

Awesome........No........ “Legendary”!

• Like 1

Is there a spreadsheet? I think I might have missed it...? 

10 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

Is there a spreadsheet? I think I might have missed it...? 

I've made a very basic one, just enter name, target and the distance you swim each day, If anyone wants to make it better or has something better go right ahead

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x0ltu7NoBh8ma2X2ZJ4zh0n1-hzmuweuujYI7e_Hak8/edit?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

Finally opened my Winterfish account yesterday - 2.8km (7x400M on 7minutes)

• Like 1

Still can't access it to enter text. Maybe I need to be at a desktop or laptop? 

All good. 

17 minutes ago, Limited said:

try again

Works for me now on the laptop. 

I've added dates under the day numbers, as it will start to get confusing after a week as to where we are up to. Hope you don't mind Limited. Only done 10 days, but can do the rest later.

11 minutes ago, FFF1077 said:

Still can't access it to enter text. Maybe I need to be at a desktop or laptop? 

Yeah sorry mate, first time I've made a google spreadsheet, so not exactly sure what I'm doing

8 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I've added dates under the day numbers, as it will start to get confusing after a week as to where we are up to. Hope you don't mind Limited. Only done 10 days, but can do the rest later.

Yeah no problem, happy for anyone to make changes. Just dont remove any of my swim kms cause I'm going to struggle to get there as it is :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 2:50 PM, Andrew #1 said:

I totally agree, but by tradition the trannies Winterfish challenge starts at or about the beginning of May each year (I didn’t set the rules).

The first Winter Fish started in July - 

Mank started the 2014 on a month earlier - 

He then doubled down on the early start in 2015:

Basically, Winter Fish starts in Autumn because of Mank :)

I think Ex made it into WinterFish, not Winter Fish.

5 minutes ago, pieman said:

I am shocked that Tyno was the originator??!!

I think the bigger surprise is that I actually saw it through :D

• Haha 1

Tripping down amnesia lane. I’d forgotten about the first challenge - I’d just done Cairns full distance IM in 2013 and then went under the knife in July. It’s coming back to me now. I did the first two weeks and then effectively stopped.

i guess the rationale for the current version (2015 to date) is that it starts sufficiently after the autumn equinox (21-23 March each year) and finishes just about bang on the winter solstice so that it feels like we are swimming into winter. Which we are. The timing also coincides with the end of the triathlon season in the southern states and gives everyone that extra bit of motivation to keep at it, thereby setting us all up for a good spring training campaign.

i have also attempted to set up a ‘swim into spring’ challenge in past years, to keep the momentum going, and will do so again this year. Any suggestions about what that challenge should entail will be greatly appreciated. 

Shocker in the pool this morning. Got tied up on a call so left home late then ten minute in my goggles broke so wasted 10 minutes buying another paid. My 2.5 became 1.4 :(

• Like 1

3.5km

Beautiful conditions here today. One of those days where desire is out voted by lack of fitness. Don't want to get too hippy on you all but it was really special. 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2018 at 8:53 PM, IronmanFoz said:

Awesome........No........ “Legendary”!

You know it brother 😎

On 09/05/2018 at 7:39 AM, Limited said:

I've made a very basic one, just enter name, target and the distance you swim each day, If anyone wants to make it better or has something better go right ahead

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x0ltu7NoBh8ma2X2ZJ4zh0n1-hzmuweuujYI7e_Hak8/edit?usp=sharing

Ok.... so I signed up here (added my name), I think I've done it correctly

On 09/05/2018 at 7:33 AM, Tyno said:

Basically, Winter Fish starts in Autumn because of Mank :)

My legacy is complete

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xblane said:

At least it feels a little more wintry today

2.8km this morning. It felt warmer then than it does now at midday.

2 hours ago, xblane said:

At least it feels a little more wintry today

Wellit does here, it's snowing!

• Sad 1

3km

The pool picked a less than ideal day to be 4 degrees cooler.... not that 25 is cold, but I was looking forward to the usual warm bath

Missed today, it's freezing and I'm trying to learn Zwifting so I can become a proper hermit

• Haha 1

saw Zed, he's fast i the water😎🤘

trying to do the same tomorrow and then a little bit more Sunday. As of next week I'll be back to 5-6 swims per fortnight not the 5 or so a week I've done so far.

• Like 2

Good to see ya Sam, looking fit mate :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to swim though! #duathlete

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Last night. 

Mental toughness. 

It's not uphill. Don't bother mate 👍

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Last night. 

Mental toughness. 

I didn't see anybody actually swimming in it though.

Goal achieved - first swim since Xmas - I'm done.

• Like 2

Hoping to get my winterfish and runhundred campaigns underway with Byron Bay Olympic today.  Haven't trained for 10 days as been struck with manflu.  Doctor yesterday advised me not to race but i am not a fan of conventional medicine so went to the tarot reader/herbalist at the flea market and she's fixed me... 

• Haha 3

On 09/05/2018 at 9:35 PM, IronJimbo said:

You know it brother 😎

But he did it wrong..

Legen....dary

2 hours ago, Cranky said:

But he did it wrong..

Legen....dary

You're both wrong.  It's "legen... wait for it... dary"

It's all good though, you guys can still hang around with me 😎

• Haha 1

3.5km 

beautiful day here

AGAIN FFS... oh to have a healthy ankle. All Good.

Edited by FFF1077
coz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FFF1077 said:

3.5km 

beautiful day here

AGAIN FFS... oh to have a healthy ankle. All Good.

I feel for you FFF, but just be thankful for the fact that you can swim. In the sort of weather you're having, it really isn't a bad alternative. ;)

3k of form work at centenary pool... "heated" apparently. Planning on a long dam swim tomorrow and starting to wonder if I can fit my long sleeve wettie over the top of my sleeveless wettie 

16 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

Planning on a long dam swim tomorrow and starting to wonder if I can fit my long sleeve wettie over the top of my sleeveless wettie

And I'm starting to think it's getting cold too, so I may relent & wear a cap.

• Haha 1

4km as

10 x (200 Medium Paddles/Bout; 100 Big Paddles/Bouy; 100 Bouy Only)

Great time.

Swimming along looking at the clouds. Anyone who knows me will know that I enjoyed the clouds more than the rest of it. 😎✌️

20km week😲

9km PB for the week😁

Thanks for starting this Mank or who ever🦄

Really tired now.😊🦄😀💩

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Checking in with a 2.5km session today, for a paltry 5.3 for the week. 

Edited by Andrew #1

It wasn't so cold in the dam this morning, not as bad as I thought it would be though I was wearing a L/S wettie. Bloody cold afterwards though. Swam 6.3, a little further than planned and was starting to think 8 or 10 but then I remembered it was Mother's day and decided I'd better do the right thing.

• Like 1

Bringing up the rear as bailed on Friday's pool visit for wine... Managed 1.6km this morning, bit too chilly for any longer.

• Like 1

4.3km this morning. No wettie, but did wear a cap. Brain freeze for the first couple of minutes, but settled in and it wasn't too bad after that. Like Mike, I got a bit cold afterwards, but the heated seats make a huge difference applying heat directly to your back & bum.

26.4km for the week which is a PB for this year, so likewise Mank (and Andrew for this year), thanks.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Mike Del said:

but then I remembered it was Mother's day and decided I'd better do the right thing.

Good on you. Thank you!!

I need someone to add in my entry please. I did 3.9km this morning. I can't enter it at school because it won't let the file be opened, and I can't do it on my phone either. :(