Sign in to follow this  
zed

Banning discs?

Weather for Busso looks very ordinary, possible thunderstorms, 110% chance of rain, 45 km/hr winds etc etc What's the deal with discs and shit weather, do RDs have a wind speed cut off point, it hits X km/hr then no discs or is there an Ironman policy or something? I've got a backup 90mm rear, but would prefer to use my disc. Has anyone raced when discs were banned (other than Kona)?

I'm assuming that you have seen the update on the Busso 70.3 page about disc wheels. You can use them if you are confident with them in challenging conditions. They can ban them, they wouldn't let people ride on them in Wanaka. Its going to be a tough day Sunday, have fun.

Typical. Downhill ride. With a tailwind. No swim as it’s too rough. 

But the real complaint will come from wa people that the temp is below 19c

3 hours ago, Lesmack said:

I'm assuming that you have seen the update on the Busso 70.3 page about disc wheels. You can use them if you are confident with them in challenging conditions. They can ban them, they wouldn't let people ride on them in Wanaka. Its going to be a tough day Sunday, have fun.

Yeah I’ve seen that now cheers :)

Yup looks like it’s going to be a tough ol day!