RunBrettRun

Boston Marathon

11 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

20180325_115408.jpg

Looks like you have been dipped in slime up to your nipples. 

Green calf sleeves to complete the ensemble. 

Have a cracking race. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

20180325_115408.jpg

If you had a sleeve tattoo and a single speed you could ride through Shoreditch and nobody would bat an eyelid.   :lol:

• Haha 1

I thought it was that hipster from Melbourne.... Peter... LOL 

*said in fun 

Your left sleeve is higher than your right, my Wife can’t handle this and she’s annoying me about it....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

best of luck tomorrow mate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They just said on the news this is the warmest it willbe today.  Forecast locked in for 5 to 7 deg 40kmh wind (headwind) and 40mm rain.  Its going to be an adventure 🤔

Screenshot_20180415-101203.png

17 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Your left sleeve is higher than your right, my Wife can’t handle this and she’s annoying me about it....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

best of luck tomorrow mate

Yes i did notice it too.  I dont think this will be my outfit tomorrow.  So tell her there will be no need to worry 😂

• Like 1

Brett, I am going to be near Boston College at the top of Heartbreak Hill. I should be able to recognise you now I have seen your photo. We are worried about the wet weather forecast. My wife does not really have wet weather gear.

Have a great race. Make sure you smile and enjoy the crowds. I will give you an extra cheer.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Flower said:

Brett, I am going to be near Boston College at the top of Heartbreak Hill. I should be able to recognise you now I have seen your photo. We are worried about the wet weather forecast. My wife does not really have wet weather gear.

Have a great race. Make sure you smile and enjoy the crowds. I will give you an extra cheer.

Hey mr flower smiling and enjoying the crowd is the plan.  Where are you guys staying?  

39 minutes ago, Notsofast said:

Probably too late, but good luck with run RBR

Cheers

Yep plenty of time. Its 710pm Sunday night.  Race start is 10am monday morning.  Approx 12 midnight monday night - tuesday morning.

7 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Hey mr flower smiling and enjoying the crowd is the plan.  Where are you guys staying?  

We are staying with friends in Concord. It is a historical town about 20 miles from Boston. Our hosts are wonderful and looking after us. We are now trying to make a clear poncho out of plastic bags for my wife so she will not be so wet at the start and in the early part of the race :-)

For everyone at home it is currently -1 in Boston. We have had snow flurries during the day. Tomorrow the forecast is for 4-5 all day with over 35 mm of rain. Even I am trying to work out how not to get hypothermia and I will be watching from the sidelines in a big coat. This is going to be a tough old race. As tough as marathons were in the old days.

Edited by Mr Flower
  • Like 2

Cool sounds great mr flower.  I am considering wearing a black storm jacket but That will mean having to pin my number to an spi belt so it's on the outside.  Never thought this would be an issue in a race lol

Btw mr flower i was asking as my gf is heading out from town to spectate and i was curious how you were getting out there.  She has it sorted though.

Edited by RunBrettRun

I'd just go with a long sleeved top to be honest, I used to run in weather like this often in the UK and found in a jacket I was just as wet as without and wasnt overly comfortable because they dont breathe very well. 

One of the Nike Therma tops it's just about perfect for that type of thing. Fit it as closely to your body as possible for racing (I'm a large but would wear a medium) with a pair of light weight gloves (maybe one of those dopey looking headband/ear cover things as well). Anything more would be too hot after about 20mins of running. I find that if I keep my torso, hands and ears warm I'm good to go in basically any temperature... 

This is me In Edinburgh, had started snowing and went from -5 to -8 on that run up the mountain (Arthurs seat for those at home).

image.png.947bb9cd881466278441d3bee4172cac.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Btw mr flower i was asking as my gf is heading out from town to spectate and i was curious how you were getting out there.  She has it sorted though.

The subway (or T-way) goes out to Boston College. I am going to park my car out there and then catch the subway into town to see my wife at the finish (or soon after). From there we are meeting up with another running group so she can get a hot shower and get into warm clothes and then it is back on the subway to find the car. A bit of a logistical nightmare with the forecast. It was OK last year, but the weather was sunny and warm.

Get a good night sleep. Don't stress and I will see you out there.

So he shouldn't have the same issues the games marathoners experience yesterday?

Have fun RBR.  

All the best mate!!! Keep warm!!! Maybe get some hugs (and kisses) from the Wellesly College gals at the Wellesly scream tunnel :P