Cranky

Garmin HR Monitor battery dying quick

I've had my HR monitor for I don't know how long. 4 years? ?? I've replaced the strap a couple of times and the battery in the head unit a few times, but the last 2 times it's only lasted about 4 weeks before dying. 

Has anyone else come across this before? 

1 minute ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Never happened to me.😂😂😂

😝

Yeah I have. 

Bought whole new set up. And I routinely buy a new set up every 18 months just for peace of mind. Strap and clip on sensor thing. 

it's dead cranky... I have the wahoo in stock if you want a replacement ;)

Wait till tomorrow night and you'll be able to get it online :):):) From me that is. 

• Thanks 1

My wahoo kickr only lasts for one use at a time before I have to change the battery. Obviously something is broke, so I only use it once every 4 weeks - either in a triathlon or when doing an FTP test.  I find the optic HR sensor in the actual 935 watch to be sufficient for all other times.

1 hour ago, willie said:

it's dead cranky... I have the wahoo in stock if you want a replacement ;)

Wait till tomorrow night and you'll be able to get it online :):):) From me that is. 

Why is it dead? That' not fair!

4 years is fair enough I reckon for a thing that gets routinely wet etc.

You're doing better than me, I left mine somewhere! And yes please Willie as soon as the shop is online I shall be a-ordering (I'm back in the UK so can't pop down).

• Like 1

I was thinking this only the other day as I looked at the pile of Garmin HR straps I had accumulated over the years.  I suppose they just die after a while.  Last two have been the Majellan ANT+ HRM straps (they use the coin slot/screw battery cover rather then the cr@ppylittle screws in the Garmin - much easier to replace) but the cheap and sh1tty ALDI bluetoothSmart works with the 935 (not with all Garmins!) and it tells you when the battery needs replacing (which it does quite regularly)