Sign in to follow this  
AA7

Brownlee racing 70.3 in China

Ali Brownlee currently leading. Calf must be ok.

Haha yeah I saw him in a photo over there and I was surprised. He could argue that he is run fit for a half but hasn't done enough work since injury to be back to his 10km top end run speed. He was running fairly decently at Gold coast in the mixed teams but was not going to match it with the speed of the guys in peak form

Edited by Waza

He did still run a 16.05 (3.13/k) on the gold coast and looked like he was out for a tempo training run.

Edited by lachie94

17 hours ago, lachie94 said:

He did still run a 16.05 (3.13/k) on the gold coast and looked like he was out for a tempo training run.

Well is about their tempo pace, but he didn't look to be taking it easy, he just had not enough speed to go with the faster guys. Used up a lot on the bike to keep Johnny up the road from Murray and Birtwhistle.

19 hours ago, Trier said:

Well is about their tempo pace, but he didn't look to be taking it easy, he just had not enough speed to go with the faster guys. Used up a lot on the bike to keep Johnny up the road from Murray and Birtwhistle.

Yeah he looked to be struggled a bit. But surely if he's training for 70.3 and IM it's going to affect his short course racing. Commentators were talking about him during the games like he was a spent force. I don't think there's any runners/triathletes out there that have distances 1500m to 42km covered. 

8 minutes ago, zed said:

I don't think there's any runners/triathletes out there that have distances 1500m to 42km covered. 

Madison de Rozario has it covered in the Women's T54.

1500m & Marathon Gold Medals last week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zed said:

Yeah he looked to be struggled a bit. But surely if he's training for 70.3 and IM it's going to affect his short course racing. Commentators were talking about him during the games like he was a spent force. I don't think there's any runners/triathletes out there that have distances 1500m to 42km covered. 

kenenisa Bekele 3:32 1500 and 2:03 marathon - maybe el guerrouj or more Farrah had him covered over 1500m but not that many others

Yeah forgot about Mo Farah. He's just switched to marathon.