Sign in to follow this  
roxii

New TT/TRI bike from Wilier

TURBINE, THE ALL NEW TRIATHLON AND CRONO FRAME
turbine_cv_T8.jpg

TURN POWER INTO SPEED: A frame with unique features and a host of innovative aspects , providing the perfect response to the needs of triathletes around the world. A product developed on the basis of four fundamental pillars: aerodynamics; braking efficiency; wide range of positions; ease of transportation. The ultimate synthesis of these key elements , Turbine is the new triathlon and time trial frame that embodies all of Wilier Triestina's expertise in the quest for maximum speed. Turbine transforms your power into speed, offering the highest possible levels of performance. Today, athletes looking for a time trial frame are increasingly drawn to products that offer the best combination of performance, practicality and safety. Alongside the concept of high-level aerodynamics, we have created a bicycle which offers unprecedented scope for customisation. Indeed, we have dedicated our efforts to providing the ultimate blend of performance, safety and rideability, in all weather conditions. In order to deliver this, the Turbine is equipped with a hydraulic disc brake system, for the best possible braking quality courtesy of brake levers that are integrated with the shift/derailleur controls.

turbine_cv_T9.jpg

turbine_gsl1.jpg

turbine_gsl2.jpg

Aerodynamics, integration and disc brake: Turbine was designed using NACA aerodynamic profiles and boasts a truncated rear tail, reducing weight and increasing torsional stiffness. The hydraulic disc brake not only provides superb braking safety in all weather conditions, it also increases the aerodynamic efficiency of the frame. It might seem strange, but this type of braking system enables the outer tubes of the front fork and the rear triangle to be positioned further away from the wheel: This leads to a dramatic reduction in turbulence, improving aerodynamic penetration. The aerodynamics study also focused on the handlebar stem/curve, which we designed directly. The profile of the Turbine stem is perfectly integrated with the fork, transforming it into a single, streamlined component with no protrusions or cavities. The resulting aerodynamic line is of the highest possible level.

turbine_gsl3.jpg

turbine_gsl4.jpg

Positioning: The number of ergonomic positions that can be achieved with the Turbine frame are almost infinite. With three frame sizes available, along with two types of seat post and a revolutionary new handlebar design, we can meet the needs of both the world of time trial and triathlon, two sports which call for very different riding styles.

turbine_gsl5.jpg

turbine_gsl6.jpg

Compactable handlebar: We know that travelling the world with a triathlon bike can be complicated: The Turbine boasts special monocoque carbon handlebars which can be compacted in less than a minute without removing any cables and - above all - without losing the original set-up: an essential feature which facilitates transportation of the entire bike, as well as making it easier to store at home or in the garage.

turbine_gsl7.jpg

turbine_gsl8.jpg

turbine_gsl17.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah unfortunatly they didnt send any details about the "compactable" handlebar which should be interesting for travel. 

I assume now that the bikes have electronic shifting and hydraulic brakes it means less cable hassles with playing with the front end. 

Just had a quick look on their website and found this. Not sure what I think of it, looks good for storage and travel.... not so good for riding?

turbine_dc_2.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Ultegra Di2 7700€ = I don’t want 

Yep saw the same and quickly closed the browser 

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Ultegra Di2 7700€ = I don’t want 

58 minutes ago, Limited said:

Yep saw the same and quickly closed the browser 

More sort of don't need it that much.

I travel with my bikes & often leave it in hotel rooms etc $5k is the limit for my next bike. I did like the fact the wilier had disc brakes but I’m not spending that much on a bike again

6 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Want!!!

Haha. Now you’re confused 

Not really keen on disc brakes on triathlon bikes, it just adds another element to worry about on the bike for me. Besides, who brakes in a triathlon. :P

5 minutes ago, Supamau said:

Besides, who brakes in a triathlon. :P

They just slow you down.

7 minutes ago, Supamau said:

Not really keen on disc brakes on triathlon bikes, it just adds another element to worry about on the bike for me. Besides, who brakes in a triathlon. :P

Me. I don't pick flat boring courses like Busso.

Anyone travelled with Hydro brakes? 

Does being put in a plane an altitude etc affect the brake lines with air bubbles and stuff? 

6 minutes ago, roxii said:

Anyone travelled with Hydro brakes? 

Does being put in a plane an altitude etc affect the brake lines with air bubbles and stuff? 

From flying with the MTB, no issue at all

@Roxii what I learnt from someone in the know is the brake lines etc are under far more stress under load then they ever will be in the air and because it's liquid much less likely to react with reduction in air pressure (air in shocks/tyres though is not good!)...

no need to worry. 

Where are the brake lines when the handlebars do that disassemble thingy?

Coz kinking hydraulic lines goes so well?

It is pretty but why spend that much and not have full DA?

This is even worse when we race HPVs pay 5k and get 105 if you're lucky ???