Cat Lady

ITU Worlds - the new thread

I remember in my 2nd or 3rd tri.  Setting up a towel hat shoes socks gel race number.

Young guy next to me.  Shoes and race number. 

I looked between the two a couple times and gave myself a face palm.  Last time I wore socks and had a towel in anything shorter than a 70.3.

10 hours ago, Cat Lady said:

According to the latest email we are not allowed to  leave a towel in transition - how are we meant to dry our feet ?

ITU worlds multisport 2018 they gave us crates for our gear.

ITU worlds standard/sprint 2017 was separate transitions. Small bag was the go as they transported T2.

All variable it seems. 

16 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Never dried my feet in a single trial I've done. Just use a brightly coloured towel to find my bike!

Depends on the run from swim to bike, some places I have had to wipe mud, grass or dirt off my feet!

2 hours ago, steve_c said:

Any word on swim start format? 

Deep water? Beach? Pontoon? 

I think i read deep water.

18 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Never dried my feet in a single trial I've done. Just use a brightly coloured towel to find my bike!

Same as me. Guess I'll have to tie a balloon to the rack or put some baby powder on the ground then :)

18 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Same as me. Guess I'll have to tie a balloon to the rack or put some baby powder on the ground then :)

could be an excuse for a new bike - something fluro, pink or green could be the go.  stealth black is sooo hard to find

2 hours ago, MissJess said:

Depends on the run from swim to bike, some places I have had to wipe mud, grass or dirt off my feet!

That's why you use manjy tri-shoes and not your nice shiney white bike shoes 😜

37 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Yep, so did I

16 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

could be an excuse for a new bike - something fluro, pink or green could be the go.  stealth black is sooo hard to find

Good thinking!

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

I'm caught up in it's flow,
If I'm in over my head, I'd be the last to know
Deep Water.

• Like 1

I might stuff a small towel inside my helmet just in case

Athlete names are all listed on the app now. Can't sort them into categories though. Unless someone knows a tricky way.

Am I right in saying that tickets for The Athletes dinner or $160 for partners? Or did I do something wrong? I would love it if Daz would join me for this but $160 is crazy! And they're not letting you use other people's tickets if they can't attend. I don't know how this works. Maybe it's a wristband thing.

5 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Am I right in saying that tickets for The Athletes dinner or $160 for partners? Or did I do something wrong? I would love it if Daz would join me for this but $160 is crazy! And they're not letting you use other people's tickets if they can't attend. I don't know how this works. Maybe it's a wristband thing.

Yeh crazy expensive.

2 hours ago, Cranky said:

Daz is used to being left behind.. he'll probably rather not go!! 😁

5 hours ago, Cranky said:

WTF.  Do TA give you anything for supposively representing them.  Athletes dinner @$160 what the heck is the menu?

6 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

WTF.  Do TA give you anything for supposively representing them.  Athletes dinner @$160 what the heck is the menu?

The athletes don't have to pay this - it's included in what we already paid. This is for extra tickets  

But I expect caviar, lobster, an open bar and diamond excrusted utensils

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

The athletes don't have to pay this - it's included in what we already paid. This is for extra tickets  

But I expect caviar, lobster, an open bar and diamond excrusted utensils

Personal limo to and from the dinner.

22 hours ago, pieman said:

Daz is used to being left behind.. he'll probably rather not go!! 😁

Stop staying the obvious!.😛

27 minutes ago, -H- said:

No, but I got an email today to say it's on its way

I reckon once your kit turns up then it gets exciting

46 minutes ago, cowboy said:

can anyone tell me what the 223 on my kit is for, race number?

19 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Number of aus itu world champs 

Prior to worlds 2017. It's more now, but the uniform is the same. 

That's the problem with putting a number on the suit. And they would have to change the bit about being able to use the kit from the previous year.